The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 28, 2024, 11:37:33 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Vote in for the NuWho Episode Tournament in The Greatest Show In The Galaxy

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

The Twin Dilemma Ratings

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Twin Dilemma Ratings  (Read 223 times)
Peri-Peri
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Doctor: Five
Favourite Companion: Peri

Circular logic will only make you dizzy, Doctor

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« on: July 17, 2011, 08:07:56 pm »

Official Ratings
The Twin Dilemma: Episode 1 - 7.6
The Twin Dilemma: Episode 2 - 7.4
The Twin Dilemma: Episode 3 - 7.0
The Twin Dilemma: Episode 4 - 6.3

AI
The Twin Dilemma: Episode 1 - 66
The Twin Dilemma: Episode 2 - 71
The Twin Dilemma: Episode 3 - 59
The Twin Dilemma: Episode 4 - 67

Just as an aside, in terms of audience appreciation this was on par with The Caves Of Androzani, even rating higher with the audience for two episodes
Report Spam   Logged

It eats you, starting with your bottom

TheDoctorDonna
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven/Two
Favourite Companion: Donna/Barbara

Whatchoo Lookin' At?

View Profile
Super Poster 50 Posts in one day Super Poster 25 Posts in one day Level 5
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 08:55:30 pm »

That is actually quite a surprise given how polarising the opinions of both are
Report Spam   Logged

One! One word! Shake, milk-shake, milk! Milk! No? Not milk! Um, shake, shake, shake! Cocktail shake! What, d'you want a Harvey Wallbanger?
Saber
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Liz Shaw

View Profile
Second year Anniversary Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 02:36:10 pm »

I would generally agree that TCOA is a better story than this, and considering how much hate this gets it really is a shock to find out that this was rated equally in the AI
Report Spam   Logged
Roranicus
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Companion: Rory

Rory FTW

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 05:31:38 pm »

The Caves Of Androzani is so much better than this (and most other classics) so the fact the audience scored it the same astounds me to be honest
Report Spam   Logged

Oh my god Karen, you can't just ask someone why they're white!
Peri-Peri
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 09:59:52 am »

To be honest, perhaps there isn't too much to really look into with it. The rest of the season scored pretty much the same accross the board. The reason I pointed to TCOA in particular is because those two are often considered the best/worst of classic who, but it stood up well against, and even surpassed other stories of the season. I think by this point it was mostly being rated by its core, die hard audience, for the most part at least, so results were probably a bit more biased. I could be wrong, but that's just a thought.
Report Spam   Logged

Tardis-Console
Timelord
Favourite Companion: Amy

Say it. Everybody does!

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Second year Anniversary
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2011, 03:03:10 pm »

Yea, but hard core fan or not, a story will always rate higher when it is brand new. Take series 6 for example in that section up the forum. The episodes aired and everyone rushed on here to rate them, and most of them scored VERY highly, and while I am not saying they don't deserve the high scores, if we held off on the poll for say a month, or until everyone had watched each one three times, or something to that effect, voting would have been a lot more objective and perhaps they wouldnt have been rated so highly. Now, all these years after these stories have aired, if they were shown to a group of people back to back and you asked them to rate it, I don't think the scores would be similar to each other.
Report Spam   Logged

My Series 6 Ratings (so far):
TIA 10/10 | DOTM 10/10 | COTBS 8/10 | TDW 10/10 | TRF 9/10 | TAP 10/10 | AGMGTW 10/10 | LKH 8/10 | NT 4/10 | TGWW 10/10
Peri-Peri
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2011, 10:17:55 am »

Yea, but hard core fan or not, a story will always rate higher when it is brand new. Take series 6 for example in that section up the forum. The episodes aired and everyone rushed on here to rate them, and most of them scored VERY highly, and while I am not saying they don't deserve the high scores, if we held off on the poll for say a month, or until everyone had watched each one three times, or something to that effect, voting would have been a lot more objective and perhaps they wouldnt have been rated so highly. Now, all these years after these stories have aired, if they were shown to a group of people back to back and you asked them to rate it, I don't think the scores would be similar to each other.

Definately. And that's a brilliant point. You can see on the scores that I have been putting together how highly series 6 has rated in comparison to others and while it has been brilliant so far, some of the episodes are perhaps higher than they should be, though thats just my opinion of course and I know that there are one or two episode I watched and gave full marks to that after several rewatches I would now perhaps rate a little lower, so yes, I think you are spot on with that comment Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Exterminate
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Do Not Blaspheme!

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2011, 05:34:17 pm »

I agree with what PP says above. In hindsight there are a couple of stories I would rate lower now I have had a chance to watch them more and that 'first airing' feeling has no gone. Maybe we should rerate them or something? Just a thought Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Oh-Wise-One
Faithful Companion

View Profile
Super Poster 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2011, 09:45:07 pm »

That has to be the reason, because I can think of no other reason why this story would rate the same or higher than Caves, because that story is infinately better (than most stories actually)
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: