The Doctor In The TARDIS
April 19, 2024, 11:16:24 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Vote in the Classic Episode Battles in The Invasion of Time

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Is it really the worst?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it really the worst?  (Read 457 times)
lastofthejagaroth
Easily Exterminated
Favourite Doctor: Jon Pertwee
Favourite Companion: Ace

The centuries that divide me shall be undone!

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Apple User Level 4 Signature
« on: January 26, 2015, 05:37:47 pm »

While certainly not the best story ever and it won't win any awards for visual FX it is definitely not worth the hatred it's gotten. It's mainly gotten a bad rap because of the portrayal of the Doctor himself and I think there's something wrong in that. I find Colin Baker's Doctor to be at many times very good and don't forget he did break into tears after he attempted to strangle Peri (there's always post-regeneration shock to consider). While he's no Pertwee or Tenant, Colin is not my least-favorite Doctor, my least favorite being Davison, and I think this is one of his better stories (I believe his worse is The Two Doctors). It's no City of Death or Remembrance of the Daleks but it's a fairly good story in its own right. Then again, I also like Paradise Towers and I don't like The Talons of Weng-Chiang, so what do I know?
Report Spam   Logged

The Doctor: "You're Mr Thick Thick Thickety Thickface from Thicktown, Thickania. And so's your dad."

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: