The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 28, 2024, 12:06:22 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join The Infinite Quest - This Week's Story: Black Orchid

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Gallifrey Base

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gallifrey Base  (Read 1131 times)
Mind_Robber
TARDIS Traveller

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
Poll Voter Level 4 Webmaster
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2010, 10:16:02 am »

Well, I'm convinced Cheesy I will most definitely not be going over to GB

There are some very lovely people over at GB, unfortunately with 30+K members there are also some not so lovely ones too!
It's always worth dipping your toe in the water.

Very true...but best to wear sandals Tongue Wink
Okay, what gives?! You convince me not to join GB, then post all these posts that convince me to sign up!! I'm confused Undecided

Wow..... you're easily swayed Tongue Grin

If you're anything like me you'll make up your own mind...it's usually the best way Wink
Right, I'm putting on my water-dipping sandals and heading over to GB. Wish me luck Undecided
Report Spam   Logged

There's one thing you never put in a trap. If you're smart, if you value your continued existence, if you have any plans about seeing tomorrow, there's one thing you never, ever put in a trap... me!
MandyDuchovney
The Other Side Of Light
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: 10
Favourite Companion: Donna

View Profile
Poll Starter Poll Voter Level 4
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2010, 02:43:14 pm »

Right, I'm putting on my water-dipping sandals and heading over to GB. Wish me luck Undecided

Good luck Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Sarah Jane Smith: No.The universe has to move forward. Pain and loss, they define us as much as happiness or love. Whether it's a world, or a relationship. Everything has its time. And everything ends.
Sandiwich11
Faithful Companion
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: The Brig

View Profile WWW
Level 5 Third year Anniversary Windows User
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2010, 04:44:51 pm »

Like any big forum there are gonna be cliques and arguments, but it doesn't take long to spot them and avoid imo.  I mainly just lurk over there myself, it's great for spoilers Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Mind_Robber
TARDIS Traveller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2010, 10:44:17 pm »

Well that sucks!!! Checked my email a few hours after I registered to find a message saying my account had been removed.
Report Spam   Logged

There's one thing you never put in a trap. If you're smart, if you value your continued existence, if you have any plans about seeing tomorrow, there's one thing you never, ever put in a trap... me!
MandyDuchovney
The Other Side Of Light
Timelord

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2010, 10:49:51 pm »

Well that sucks!!! Checked my email a few hours after I registered to find a message saying my account had been removed.

Haha....................oh dear Shocked Sad
Report Spam   Logged

Sarah Jane Smith: No.The universe has to move forward. Pain and loss, they define us as much as happiness or love. Whether it's a world, or a relationship. Everything has its time. And everything ends.
Mind_Robber
TARDIS Traveller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2010, 10:58:41 pm »

The email said I didn't meet their membership requirements, whatever that means. Oh well, their loss Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Companion: Donna Noble

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
Third year Anniversary Level 6 Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2010, 11:00:39 pm »

They have membership requirements? Thats shitty. Well you dont need them anyway. You have us Smiley

I will say though, can we try and keep it civil in here. If you have had bad experiences there then that is fine, you can document them, but try not to be too mean about the place. I'd hate if we were being slated somewhere
Report Spam   Logged

Now and then, every once in a very long while, every day in a million days, when the wind stands fair and The Doctor comes to call, everybody lives.

Mind_Robber
TARDIS Traveller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2010, 11:12:53 pm »

OMG They have membership requirements? Thats shitty. Well you dont need them anyway. You have us Smiley
And what can be better than having you guys Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

MandyDuchovney
The Other Side Of Light
Timelord

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2010, 11:18:13 pm »

The email said I didn't meet their membership requirements, whatever that means. Oh well, their loss Cheesy

Membership requirements?? Shocked Roll Eyes The only one I know of is email related....or have you been a bad boy in a previous life Tongue

Report Spam   Logged

Mind_Robber
TARDIS Traveller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2010, 11:28:12 pm »

Membership requirements?? Shocked Roll Eyes The only one I know of is email related....or have you been a bad boy in a previous life Tongue
Maybe. Maybe not. You'll never know Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Iceman
Global Moderator
Faithful Companion
Favourite Doctor: The Doctor
Favourite Companion: Captain Jack Harkness

Hey, it's me!

View Profile WWW
Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2010, 11:29:15 pm »

It means you have a soul.
Report Spam   Logged

Twitter: http://twitter.com/Iceman525

What a bunch of a-holes.
MandyDuchovney
The Other Side Of Light
Timelord

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2010, 09:55:45 am »

Maybe. Maybe not. You'll never know Tongue

Ohh.... if you're a bad boy... I'll know Wink  Grin

Grin Wink

Report Spam   Logged

Mind_Robber
TARDIS Traveller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2010, 10:52:19 am »

Well, that explains everything Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Roranicus
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Companion: Rory

Rory FTW

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2010, 08:27:00 pm »

Cant believe that. That place is a joke. Oh well, like the others said, you still have this place and it is way better Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Oh my god Karen, you can't just ask someone why they're white!
Oh-Wise-One
Faithful Companion

View Profile
Super Poster 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2010, 03:02:55 pm »

This is one of the worst forums I have ever been on. Not just for DW, but in general. The moderators think they are working in a concentration camp and treat people like ****. I had a thread on there giving my reasons for disliking a particular episode and they removed it and sent me a message saying that negativity wasn't welcome and instead of pointing out something I didnt like why didnt I join in with discussions about stuff I do like. Its a **** take. If you cant air a view without having it hidden from view and binned then what is the point of talking to people. The majority of the members over there are arseholes too. Everyone tries so hard to show that they are the bigger fan and go looking for things to correct and pull you up on. Its a forum of oneupmanship where anyone not in the in clique is looked down upon and spoken to like crap. Dont get me wrong I can be as harsh as the best of them, but I usually argue opinions rather than call people names because they dont know how many minutes Turlough was on screen during Planet of Fire, or whatever other pointless fact proves you are the biggest fan. I deleted my account!
Report Spam   Logged
Mind_Robber
TARDIS Traveller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2010, 01:41:03 pm »

This is one of the worst forums I have ever been on. Not just for DW, but in general. The moderators think they are working in a concentration camp and treat people like ****. I had a thread on there giving my reasons for disliking a particular episode and they removed it and sent me a message saying that negativity wasn't welcome and instead of pointing out something I didnt like why didnt I join in with discussions about stuff I do like. Its a **** take. If you cant air a view without having it hidden from view and binned then what is the point of talking to people. The majority of the members over there are arseholes too. Everyone tries so hard to show that they are the bigger fan and go looking for things to correct and pull you up on. Its a forum of oneupmanship where anyone not in the in clique is looked down upon and spoken to like crap. Dont get me wrong I can be as harsh as the best of them, but I usually argue opinions rather than call people names because they dont know how many minutes Turlough was on screen during Planet of Fire, or whatever other pointless fact proves you are the biggest fan. I deleted my account!

Seriously, they're that bad?!?! Well, I won't be dipping my sandals into that water ever again, that's for sure. Even DWO isn't that bad
Report Spam   Logged

Exterminate
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Do Not Blaspheme!

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2010, 12:48:38 pm »

The place sounds awful. Its a wonder anyone goes there at all
Report Spam   Logged

Sandiwich11
Faithful Companion
Favourite Companion: The Brig

View Profile WWW
Level 5 Third year Anniversary Windows User
« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2010, 04:06:21 pm »

I quite like it over there, there's a lot of negativity but it's always the same few people bleating loudly so they are easy to avoid.  Same with the cliques, it just seems that they are all like that because of a very small amount of people that make the most noise.  But being cliques they, again, tend to stick to certain types of threads so it doesn't take long to work out which topics to stay out of.

I like the non DW sections the most, they are much friendlier and very informative at times.  I've met some great people from there.
Report Spam   Logged

One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: