The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 28, 2024, 08:52:55 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Vote in for the NuWho Episode Tournament in The Greatest Show In The Galaxy

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

What's Causing It?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What's Causing It?  (Read 136 times)
Tardis-Console
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Amy

Say it. Everybody does!

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Third year Anniversary Search Second year Anniversary
« on: July 26, 2011, 11:00:53 am »

So what do you think is causing Miracle Day? It's probably a long shot, but I am really hoping that it is some sort of alien intervention or something. A Torchwood series without aliens would be a bit odd and I can't think of any other reason something like this could occur unless we start entering the realm of the gods, which I just don't see them doing. What do you think?
Report Spam   Logged

My Series 6 Ratings (so far):
TIA 10/10 | DOTM 10/10 | COTBS 8/10 | TDW 10/10 | TRF 9/10 | TAP 10/10 | AGMGTW 10/10 | LKH 8/10 | NT 4/10 | TGWW 10/10
Oh-Wise-One
Faithful Companion

View Profile
Super Poster 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 09:59:29 am »

This story in a lot of it's forms comes down to intervention by the gods, or mischief surrounding the gods, so in that sense it wouldn't be too much of a stretch, but personally I am not sure that would fit into the Torchwood story.

Personally I want it to be aliens. Thats what this show is all about after all an I would hope it doesn't lose that touch
Report Spam   Logged
TragicVision
Hatchling

Favourite Doctor: Seventh Doctor/
Favourite Companion: Amy Pond

View Profile
Level 3 Poll Voter Windows User
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 02:58:24 pm »

In the first two episodes I really didn't care who or what was causing it but now it's becoming more and more of the agenda. And it should be. The episode Countrycide was the only episode of TW that actually dealt with the human condition with no alien intervention and was one of the most thought provoking episodes of the previous series. I would love it to be a mix of the two in any case. Something along the lines of COE but more to do with the greed of the human race utilising alien tech (in a more interesting way than how I've produced it of course Tongue)
Report Spam   Logged
Jamdog
Earthling
Favourite Doctor: Richard E Grant
Favourite Companion: Astrid Peth

View Profile
Level 4 Poll Voter Level 3
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2011, 05:39:10 pm »

I think it's interesting that Capn. Jack has become mortal at the same time as the rest of the world became immortal.  This cannot be a coincidence.

Jack's immortality is the result of him being resurrected by Rose Tyler after she looked into the heart of the TARDIS and became filled with Time Vortex Energy. 

As the vortex energy caused Jack's immortality, surely it makes sense that only vortex energy could cause the entire human race to gain the same immortality, and also remove Jack's longevity.

So, which aliens can manipulate Time Vortex energy?  Kinda narrows it down to Timelords and Daleks, really...
Report Spam   Logged

Aneurin
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: River

Formally River Song

View Profile
Level 6 Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2011, 06:24:40 pm »

It has to be aliens, or at the very least alien tech. We know they have the power to control humans on a huge scale from past stories. Just look what they did to all the children in COE, or all the humans with a certain blood type in The Christmas Invasion. I can't think of any other believable reason
Report Spam   Logged

thefifthdoctor
Faithful Companion
Favourite Doctor: Fifth
Favourite Companion: Peri

View Profile
Poll Starter Poll Voter Level 4
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2011, 10:04:13 pm »

Well, going by what little we found out in ep.4, we know
1. they are connected to Jack from his past
2. they may or may not be known as "the families"

That's about it so far. I'm guessing aliens of some variety, really hoping that MD doesn't devolve into a knock off of Flash Forward, which it's hovering dangerously close to at present.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: