The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 29, 2024, 09:36:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Follow our Facebook group, or check out the Doctor Who News site by hitting the links below

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

We Are All Angry With The Hitler Plot

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: We Are All Angry With The Hitler Plot  (Read 97 times)
Peri-Peri
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Doctor: Five
Favourite Companion: Peri

Circular logic will only make you dizzy, Doctor

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« on: July 26, 2011, 04:41:23 pm »

Well, if you believe the Mirror, anyway!

DOCTOR Who fans are in for a Nazi surprise when the hero Time Lord “saves” Adolf Hitler in the show’s most controversial episode.

The good Doctor is known for taking on evil. But a trailer for an episode titled Let’s Kill Hitler, when the show returns in autumn, hints that this time he comes to the aid of the reviled dictator.

The Tardis will land in 1930s Berlin and, says the press release, “bring the Doctor face to face with the greatest war criminal in the universe. And Hitler”.

Shockingly, one clip in the trailer has Hitler, played by Albert Welling, telling the Doctor: “Thank you, I think you have just saved my life.”

It caused a Reich storm among fans of the hit BBC1 sci-fi show when it was first screened at the Comic Con convention in California, on Sunday.

One viewer said: “The thought of Doctor Who helping Hitler in any positive way is terrible and unthinkable.”

Others pointed out that later in the trailer Rory, the husband of the Doctor’s sidekick Amy Pond, appears to punch Hitler, so “saving” him could be part of an elaborate plan in his downfall.

Hitler aimed to create “the master race” and it’s rumoured this episode could herald the return of the Doctor’s arch enemy, The Master, played most recently by John Simm.

A BBC source said: “The Doctor meets Hitler in 1938 before he commits war crimes. Viewers should wait and watch – and all will become clear.”

Fuelling the controversy, Doctor Who star Matt Smith said he expected his character to reveal a darker side.

Matt, 28, said: “There’s a lot of blood on his hands. I think that’s why he’s so bubbly and cheery, and has to keep going.

“If he didn’t, if he stopped, he’d have to contemplate losing all these people. I think there’ll be a lot more.”

Honest to goodness, the stuff they come up with is beyond stupid. I've not heard one single person complain about the Hitler story (or one person who even knows what will happen in it, for that matter). Also, is it really 'the shows most controversial episode'? And who has even mentioned the Master? That one's new on me. I suppose you have to admire the fact they have such vivid imaginations
Report Spam   Logged

It eats you, starting with your bottom

Peri-Peri
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 04:42:19 pm »

The blocked word, btw, is Nazi
Report Spam   Logged

Peri-Peri
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 04:46:25 pm »

Oh, and here is the link the article

Controversy over episode when Time Lord save Hitler
Report Spam   Logged

poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: The Ponds

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2011, 04:55:05 pm »

I was just reading about this but on the Mail's website (someone tweeted the link - I'm not in the habit of frequenting their site, or any 'news'paper sites for that matter!) - I've never heard such nonsense in my life.

How can we be up in arms about something we haven't seen yet?! A trailer tells you nothing really. I trust that they wouldn't even be tackling this subject matter if they weren't going to make some kind of valid point - probably along the lines of 'just because we can do this, should we, as it will completely change Earth's history.' If people are up in arms I seriously doubt it's many & I wouldn't be surprised to find out they aren't even fans of the show.

Famine, war, terrorism, a currency on the brink of collapse & other major issues going on in the world and this is news?! Some journalists need some perspective I think!  Roll Eyes

As for where the Master suddenly came from - your guess is as good as mine!
Report Spam   Logged

"He is ever after only one thing: power. And also helmets with horns ... he's really into those."
Roranicus
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Rory

Rory FTW

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2011, 10:30:59 pm »

How can they justify an article like that and then fill it full of Nazi puns? And how did Matt's comment 'fuel the controversy'? These people need to find something actually worth reporting on
Report Spam   Logged

Oh my god Karen, you can't just ask someone why they're white!
Nyki
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Jon Pertwee
Favourite Companion: Leela

View Profile
Third year Anniversary 5000 Posts Second year Anniversary
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2011, 01:29:55 am »

We all know the Doctor's got a dark side and there's blood on his hands - that hasn't been news since Dalek.  And judging a story on a tease is just holding up a neon sign proclaiming what richardheads they are.

Do you think a phone that's had the Doctor's jiggery pokery can be hacked?
Report Spam   Logged

thefifthdoctor
Faithful Companion
Favourite Doctor: Fifth

View Profile
Poll Starter Poll Voter Level 4
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2011, 05:05:25 pm »

Urgh.
Basically, fannies.
Report Spam   Logged

Vampyros Adric
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: 4/6/7
Favourite Companion: Jo Grant

He is also vain, ego-centric and quite mad

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Mobile User Search
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2011, 06:45:10 pm »

There is no such thing as bad publicity. As PRG said, we have the capitalist economic system crumbling before our eyes leading to perhaps the biggest political change in 1000 years of mercantile tradition. We have a continent poised to die of starvation and we have (almost) discovered life on Mars.

Yet our little show still manages to make a relatively prominent place in a national newspaper.

Moff must be giggling into his cocoa pops Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: