The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 28, 2024, 02:40:23 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Vote in the Classic Episode Battles in The Invasion of Time

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Fifth Doctor Love

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fifth Doctor Love  (Read 371 times)
Peri-Peri
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Doctor: Five
Favourite Companion: Peri

Circular logic will only make you dizzy, Doctor

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« on: September 12, 2010, 11:16:00 am »

I cant believe there isnt a thread for Five yet, especially with all the people on here who have said they really like him.

Peter Davison was amazing. He stepped in to Tom Bakers massive boots and nobody thought it would work, but he showed everyone wrong and did an amazing job with the role. His stories are some of the best there is and as stated somewhere else, his regeneration story has been voted the best ever as of last year. When he came back for Time Crash it was amazing and so sentimental. If there is another multi Doctor story in the show, he needs to be in it!! For me, he is the best Doctor by far Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

It eats you, starting with your bottom

Sandiwich11
Faithful Companion
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: The Brig

View Profile WWW
Level 5 Third year Anniversary Windows User
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 05:07:19 pm »

Davison wins, I think he had the hardest job as a new Doctor taking over from Tom yet he managed to pull it off superbly.  A lot of people think of him as the 'nice' Doctor, but I personally love how subtle his bitchy side can be at times Tongue

Some of my favourite stories are from his time; Kinda, Earthshock, Mawdryn Undead, The Five Doctors for example.  I think my only gripe with him is that he was almost too human at times, but I think that it was necessary in some ways after Tom's portrayal and for the most part it worked.
Report Spam   Logged

One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Vampyros Adric
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: 4/6/7
Favourite Companion: Jo Grant

He is also vain, ego-centric and quite mad

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Mobile User Search
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 08:07:53 pm »

I am absolutely with you on this. Baker to Davison was my first regeneration and I remember thinking what a great choice. He was someone that we all knew and were all familiar with and he slipped into the role with breathtaking ease. He has said in interviews that his favourite Doctor was Pat Troughton and although not immediately apparent he was from the same mould of character actor that PT was from. He was an unlikely hero and played the role of the Doctor with a kind of breathless dignity. I had no problem believing he was an 800 year old time traveler. He had some marvellous stories (There are at least two of us who are 'Children of Earthshock') and was a large part of my adolescence. I can't objectively explain why he is my favourite and I'm not even sure that he is my favourite. But what I can tell you is that, for me, there was something very very special about the Fifth Doctor. 
Report Spam   Logged

Whistler
Easily Exterminated

View Profile WWW
Poll Voter Level 3 Webmaster
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 06:31:24 pm »

"Brave heart, Tegan"

'Nuff said.  Legend. Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

"Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but, vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." - The Doctor
2cajuman2
Faithful Companion
Favourite Doctor: Christopher Ecclestone
Favourite Companion: Cpt Jack Harkness

Famous person? Favourite Cheese please?

View Profile WWW
Poll Voter Level 4 Webmaster
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2010, 08:25:13 pm »

*sobs about Adric*

Love Peter Davison, he is the Doctor from the classic series that made me laugh, cry, wince, worry etc the most, he just felt believable and such a good role model...mostly, I mean the Doc cant help going to the wrong place can he?

Earthshock... The only other episode, aside from Doomsday that made me cry so much  Cry My Mum had to give me a big hug just to calm down Sad

Castrovalva was brill, Caves of Androzani *sniffs*, Black Orchid Smiley Cricket!! hehe Loved his Doc

His Children in need ep too  Cry  Smiley Brilliant! "All my love to long ago" Aw DT such a wonderful line....

(Btw Im 19, so Im not a child of the classic era Wink )
Report Spam   Logged

River Song: Everyone knows that everyone dies. And nobody knows it like the doctor. But I do think that all the skies in all the worlds might just turn dark, if he ever accepts it.

??Cheeses + rising!
The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Donna Noble

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
Third year Anniversary Level 6 Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2010, 07:23:21 pm »

I love PD too. He surprised me because I always expected to not like him. Not sure why though. But after a few serials he became one of my favourites
Report Spam   Logged

Now and then, every once in a very long while, every day in a million days, when the wind stands fair and The Doctor comes to call, everybody lives.

Peri-Peri
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Doctor: Five

Circular logic will only make you dizzy, Doctor

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2010, 01:05:42 pm »

For no other reason other than the fact that this should be watched at least once a fortnight Tongue

Report Spam   Logged

It eats you, starting with your bottom

2cajuman2
Faithful Companion
Favourite Doctor: Christopher Ecclestone
Favourite Companion: Cpt Jack Harkness

Famous person? Favourite Cheese please?

View Profile WWW
Poll Voter Level 4 Webmaster
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2010, 08:48:50 pm »

I forgot exactly how much I love that Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

River Song: Everyone knows that everyone dies. And nobody knows it like the doctor. But I do think that all the skies in all the worlds might just turn dark, if he ever accepts it.

??Cheeses + rising!
thefifthdoctor
Faithful Companion
Favourite Doctor: Fifth

View Profile
Poll Starter Poll Voter Level 4
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2010, 09:30:42 am »

I just found this - I don't visit this section often.

I don't think I really need to say anything - my handle & pic should cover it  Wink - but I'll leave you with this....

Peri : "Doctor, why do you wear a stick of celery in your lapel?"

The Doctor : "Does it offend you?"

Peri : "No, just curious."

The Doctor : "Safety precaution. I'm allergic to certain gases in the praxis range of the spectrum."

Peri : "Well how does the celery help?"

The Doctor : "If the gas is present, the celery turns purple."

Peri : "And then what do you do?"

The Doctor : "I eat the celery. If nothing else I'm sure it's good for my teeth."

Report Spam   Logged

missadric2
TARDIS Traveller
Favourite Doctor: Peter Davison
Favourite Companion: Adric/ Amy Pond

Imagination is the key to Everything

View Profile
Topic Starter Multiple Badge Holder Level 3
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2011, 04:29:45 pm »

LOVE Peter Davison he is totally MY Doctor Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

'An apple a day keeps the.....oh never mind!' - fifth Doctor

The 5th Doctor will always have a special place in my heart and will always be MY Doctor

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: