The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 28, 2024, 10:41:40 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Follow our Facebook group, or check out the Doctor Who News site by hitting the links below

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Matt Smith Becomes Patron Of NYT

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Matt Smith Becomes Patron Of NYT  (Read 241 times)
Saber
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Liz Shaw

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Second year Anniversary Apple User Mobile User
« on: July 10, 2012, 07:57:26 pm »

Matt Smith, known best for playing The Doctor has been made a patron at the National Youth Theatre, the centre where he trained as a teenager.

Smith made a surprise visit to the theatre as they were adding the final touches for their 140-strong Olympic and Paralympic welcome ceremonies.

The actor said that the theatre "completely transformed my life. No understatement. I'm proud to be a part of it still. I care very deeply about it".

While the artistic director and chief operating officer for the theatre, Paul Roseby, who knew Matt when he attended the theatre said: "Matt is a perfect role model for the latest generation of brave new talent. Raw, fearless and a passion for theatre is something that doesn't just sum up our company but also the wonderful Matt Smith.

"As we continue to operate in challenging economic times, like everyone in the arts, it's always good to have a Doctor in the house."
Report Spam   Logged
Roranicus
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Rory

Rory FTW

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 03:26:11 pm »

If I was in any sort of group and the Doctor showed up to join in I think I'd pass out. They're a lucky bunch of kids. I doubt he will have a huge input but he will be a great example to follow.
Report Spam   Logged

Oh my god Karen, you can't just ask someone why they're white!
hannahcole93
Global Moderator
Master Of Galaxies
Favourite Doctor: 11 & 5
Favourite Companion: Amy Pond & Nyssa

"Fish fingers and custard..."

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary 10000 Posts Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 07:55:48 pm »

If I was in any sort of group and the Doctor showed up to join in I think I'd pass out. They're a lucky bunch of kids. I doubt he will have a huge input but he will be a great example to follow.

Dammit! Why didn't they accept me when I was 14?! Tongue Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

"All of time and space; everything that ever happened or ever will…Where do you want to start?"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: