The Doctor In The TARDIS
April 19, 2024, 03:59:18 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Head over to 76 Totters Lane and check out all the latest merchandise

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

The Search For Melody

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Search For Melody  (Read 284 times)
Aneurin
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: River

Formally River Song

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 6 Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« on: August 27, 2011, 09:49:58 pm »

Is it all over now? By the end of the episode everyone seemed pretty content with what was happening and it seemed, to me at least, that the search was now off. Surely Amy and Rory will still want to find their baby?
Report Spam   Logged

Peri-Peri
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Doctor: Five
Favourite Companion: Peri

Circular logic will only make you dizzy, Doctor

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 09:54:33 pm »

It did seem a bit final, but I would imagine they would still want to try and find her anyway.
Report Spam   Logged

It eats you, starting with your bottom

Saber
Timelord
Favourite Companion: Liz Shaw

View Profile
Second year Anniversary Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 10:09:21 pm »

I would hope just for the sake of normal parenting, that that isn't the last we hear of it. Even though they know she ends up safe, they should still want more than anything else to find her
Report Spam   Logged
hannahcole93
Global Moderator
Master Of Galaxies
Favourite Doctor: 11 & 5
Favourite Companion: Amy Pond & Nyssa

"Fish fingers and custard..."

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary 10000 Posts Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2011, 10:31:55 pm »

I would still hope that they go looking for her.., Otherwise like Saber said... normal parenting... Set my mother (social services) on them! Tongue

No it would be a shame if we didn't hear anything more of it, I mean I'd happily sit though a whole episode of them trying to find Melody, so deffos hope they do more on it.
Report Spam   Logged

"All of time and space; everything that ever happened or ever will…Where do you want to start?"
Exterminate
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Do Not Blaspheme!

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2011, 10:37:05 pm »

Yea they can't leave it at that surely. Its a bit of a tough one though because we basically know that they don't find her based on the fact that Mels said about regenerating as a toddler in New York, but they shouldn't give up the hunt
Report Spam   Logged

Slfriend79
Earthling
Favourite Doctor: The 4th
Favourite Companion: Sarah Jane Smith

View Profile WWW
Topic Starter Multiple Badge Holder Level 2
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2011, 03:22:10 am »

If I was Amy, I would not be happy until my baby was back in my arms...To heck with what it would do to the time lines and the future.
Report Spam   Logged

"It may be irrational of me, but human beings are quite my favorite species."- Tom Baker As 'Doctor Who'
Peri-Peri
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Doctor: Five
Favourite Companion: Peri

Circular logic will only make you dizzy, Doctor

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2011, 11:19:45 am »

If I was Amy, I would not be happy until my baby was back in my arms...To heck with what it would do to the time lines and the future.

Exactly. Surely it would be every mothers instinct to do everything she could to get the baby back there and then and not be concentrating on the fact that she is safe in the future. I do hope they continue to at least look, even if they never find her
Report Spam   Logged

It eats you, starting with your bottom

Twisted-Sister
Faithful Companion

View Profile
Super Poster 50 Posts in one day Super Poster 25 Posts in one day Poll Voter
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2011, 11:37:14 am »

Amy and Rory are being way too calm about it all as it is if you ask me. Having recently given birth myself, I can say without a shadow of a doubt that if someone took my baby away, even if I knew they would ultimately be ok, I wouldn't give a damn about the rights and wrongs of it, I would be out there searching for my baby every moment I could and I wouldn't rest until I had found him. Amy and Rory may not be able to search the galaxies, but they didn't even seem to be that concerned
Report Spam   Logged

Tardis-Console
Timelord
Favourite Companion: Amy

Say it. Everybody does!

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Second year Anniversary
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2011, 02:32:59 pm »

I suppose she can only go where the Doctor takes her though so if she isn't searching but knows that ultimately she will be fine, then it allows for a certain amount of calm in the situation
Report Spam   Logged

My Series 6 Ratings (so far):
TIA 10/10 | DOTM 10/10 | COTBS 8/10 | TDW 10/10 | TRF 9/10 | TAP 10/10 | AGMGTW 10/10 | LKH 8/10 | NT 4/10 | TGWW 10/10
Slfriend79
Earthling
Favourite Doctor: The 4th
Favourite Companion: Sarah Jane Smith

View Profile WWW
Topic Starter Multiple Badge Holder Level 2
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2011, 04:46:34 pm »

Amy and Rory are being way too calm about it all as it is if you ask me. Having recently given birth myself, I can say without a shadow of a doubt that if someone took my baby away, even if I knew they would ultimately be ok, I wouldn't give a damn about the rights and wrongs of it, I would be out there searching for my baby every moment I could and I wouldn't rest until I had found him. Amy and Rory may not be able to search the galaxies, but they didn't even seem to be that concerned

Right!

I would not have let the Doctor take off to find my child without me, I would have chained myself to the TARDIS and made him take me through out all of space and time until I found her.
Report Spam   Logged

"It may be irrational of me, but human beings are quite my favorite species."- Tom Baker As 'Doctor Who'
DAK
TARDIS Traveller
Favourite Doctor: Eleven!
Favourite Companion: River!

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2011, 04:07:18 am »

There wasn't much they could do; the Doctor took off on his own and left River to get them home.  If you saw the prequel it seemed like Amy called the Doctor often asking if he'd found her, and you can hear the desperation in her voice.  That Doctor crop circle took a lot of planning, so it's not like they were sitting idly by and hitting the pubs every weekend.  They may still insist on finding their baby; now that they're on the TARDIS I don't think they'll go home again without a fight.  Of course the repercussions of Melody not being raised the way she was means River's whole future might change - she wouldn't be there to save the Doctor in the Library, or help reboot the universe for example. 
Report Spam   Logged
Vampyros Adric
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: 4/6/7
Favourite Companion: Jo Grant

He is also vain, ego-centric and quite mad

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Mobile User Search
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2011, 08:24:26 am »

This is my one real criticism of the whole season 6 story arc. If that was my little girl, I swear, I'd take Mel's gun as soon as she got out of the corvette and say "Let's stop ****ing about and find my daughter now!" I certainly wouldn't meekly accept "She's got to find her own way".... Errrr no she doesn't, I'm her Dad and I want to be there for every second I can.

I am sure the Doctor is so chilled out about it because he knows that they will get reunited. That's fine, I get that. (Although it re-emphasises his non-human nature that he seemingly can't understand what torture it must be for them.) But Amy and Rory's reaction have been so far away from what I would have expected of parents. And Rory I am particularly disappointed in - its his little girl.

I think if the story had been more focused on the parents missing their baby. Or even showed Amy and Rory as being more than just a little miffed, then I would have been able to relate to LKH significantly more than I did. Because for me, this was the missing element that stopped LKH from being great.
Report Spam   Logged

Exterminate
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Do Not Blaspheme!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2011, 03:40:09 pm »

Their response to it all seems to be one of the biggest criticisms of the episode I have read. I suppose we don't know how that will change or develop as the story goes on, but it's not looking good so far. It's odd that Moff, a father himself, doesn't seem so far to be getting that part right
Report Spam   Logged

DAK
TARDIS Traveller

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2011, 04:37:41 pm »

Of course they're desperate, but I wouldn't think grabbing a gun and pointing it at the one man who can find her would be a very good idea!

I get the feeling the Doctor may have already found her.  It shouldn't have been difficult; he said he knew where to find her.  He never answered Amy's question when she asked him if he'd found her yet.  If he was able to bring her back he would have done so, and with the TARDIS he could have brought her back to them months ago.  I don't think he will be able to change River's past.  Maybe that bit of news is what pushes Rory to that huge mistake he's supposed to make?
Report Spam   Logged
Exterminate
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Do Not Blaspheme!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2011, 04:49:25 pm »

Didn't he already make it? I thought the mistake was that was the stuff with Ganger Jen.
Report Spam   Logged

DAK
TARDIS Traveller

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2011, 05:05:53 pm »

I thought it was supposed to be a much more epic mistake than that?  I can't remember how the spoiler was worded, but it sounded like the consequences of his actions would be on a universal scale. 
Report Spam   Logged
Exterminate
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Do Not Blaspheme!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2011, 05:08:02 pm »

I just assumed it was that because Moff said it was in the first half of the series and that was really the only thing I could think of that he did which could be called a mistake
Report Spam   Logged

DAK
TARDIS Traveller

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2011, 05:31:26 pm »

OK, found it:  The spoiler said "...you will cry out in horror as Rory Williams stumbles to the brink of a tragic mistake."

I admit I've only seen those Ganger eps once because I really didn't care for them, but I don't remember crying out in horror (other than how bad I thought part 1 was!  Shocked ) and from what I can remember the stuff with Jen couldn't be called a 'tragic mistake'.  But you're right though, that was in the spoiler hints for the first half of the season.  Didn't some of the episodes get moved around?  I'm not sure if these clues were before or after that happened.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: