The Doctor In The TARDIS
April 16, 2024, 05:52:45 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join The Infinite Quest - This Week's Story: Black Orchid

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

The Importance Of Family

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Importance Of Family  (Read 232 times)
Tardis-Console
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Amy

Say it. Everybody does!

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Third year Anniversary Search Second year Anniversary
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2011, 06:21:03 pm »

I'd just point out that, as far as this particular story is concerned, Amy and Rory actually see very little of the family stuff.  Rory sees the last moment, while Amy's a doll, then he and Amy find themselves back at the lift.  Yes, there could have been a mention, but I don't see it as a major flaw that there isn't.

Do they really need to see other families going through the motions though in order to start missing their own child? It's very sloppy on the writers' part I think to have them be so chilled out about the whole situation
Report Spam   Logged

My Series 6 Ratings (so far):
TIA 10/10 | DOTM 10/10 | COTBS 8/10 | TDW 10/10 | TRF 9/10 | TAP 10/10 | AGMGTW 10/10 | LKH 8/10 | NT 4/10 | TGWW 10/10
Nyki
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Jon Pertwee
Favourite Companion: Leela

View Profile
Third year Anniversary 5000 Posts Second year Anniversary
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2011, 02:23:36 am »

I'd just point out that, as far as this particular story is concerned, Amy and Rory actually see very little of the family stuff.  Rory sees the last moment, while Amy's a doll, then he and Amy find themselves back at the lift.  Yes, there could have been a mention, but I don't see it as a major flaw that there isn't.

Do they really need to see other families going through the motions though in order to start missing their own child? It's very sloppy on the writers' part I think to have them be so chilled out about the whole situation

Well, that was the original point of the thread, that what was going on here didn't affect them.
Report Spam   Logged

TheDoctorDonna
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven/Two
Favourite Companion: Donna/Barbara

Whatchoo Lookin' At?

View Profile
Super Poster 50 Posts in one day Super Poster 25 Posts in one day Level 5
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2011, 04:30:38 pm »

I don't think what was going on in this family is really comparible to what is going on with the Ponds, but I understand everyones points. My personal opinion is that while I don't want them to overdo it going on about the baby all the time, I do think that they should make more of a point of it.

This kind of thing though is exactly why is I don't like these ongoing arcs. Even when it isn't meant to it takes away from the story going on. I just want one off adventures in time and space. Its much more fun
Report Spam   Logged

One! One word! Shake, milk-shake, milk! Milk! No? Not milk! Um, shake, shake, shake! Cocktail shake! What, d'you want a Harvey Wallbanger?
Miss Wright
Tin Dog
Favourite Doctor: Eleven/One

View Profile
Level 4 Second year Anniversary Apple User
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2011, 07:21:02 pm »

Another thing is, while the Williams should be sad, and mourning, they can't get Melody back.

They met her in the beginning two parter, there was a small amount of time between that, and then, they grew up with her. Any rescuing would entirely mess up the timeline of Amy and Rory's childhood, how Amy realized Rory loved her, and, it might change River to the point that she wouldn't go the Library and save the Doctor. There would be no River, only Melody, if you see what I am saying.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: