The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 29, 2024, 09:35:52 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out all the spoilers from Series 7 in our dedicated spoiler section

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Night Terrors Rewatch - Wednesday 7th September 8pm (UK time)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Night Terrors Rewatch - Wednesday 7th September 8pm (UK time)  (Read 726 times)
Exterminate
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Do Not Blaspheme!

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #120 on: September 09, 2011, 08:44:37 pm »

There were less people this week, but it felt a lot more chattier don't you think?
Report Spam   Logged

Aneurin
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: River

Formally River Song

View Profile
Level 6 Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #121 on: September 09, 2011, 08:46:18 pm »

Well we had to make up for all the girls rabbiting on, didn't we Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Exterminate
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Do Not Blaspheme!

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 09, 2011, 08:46:48 pm »

Haha Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Peri-Peri
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Doctor: Five
Favourite Companion: Peri

Circular logic will only make you dizzy, Doctor

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #123 on: September 09, 2011, 08:47:07 pm »

Oi!! Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

It eats you, starting with your bottom

Exterminate
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Do Not Blaspheme!

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 09, 2011, 08:47:38 pm »

It's just generally been a lot quieter around here lately, don't you think?
Report Spam   Logged

Aneurin
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Formally River Song

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 09, 2011, 08:48:46 pm »

Definately. It's a shame but I can't really work out why. The show is back on the air and there is plenty of news and stuff, but people seem to be coming on less. Though I suppose I am to blame too because as a result I have been coming on less
Report Spam   Logged

Exterminate
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Do Not Blaspheme!

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 09, 2011, 08:49:39 pm »

Maybe they have all found somewhere else to go or something? I don't even bother looking elsewhere anymore. Every experience I have had with fandom outside of here has been shitty, so I just stick to what I like now
Report Spam   Logged

Aneurin
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Formally River Song

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 09, 2011, 08:53:48 pm »

It's not even that people aren't coming on though. There are still loads of posts every day, just less than before. People still come here. You can see that by the logins at the bottom of the main page. Some people log in every day but have never posted. What I think is more irritating though is that there are times when I am on here and you see people signed in, people who you know post regularly, but they just don't speak. Even some moderators do it. I was on here the other day posting for ages, in general discussion stuff, but also putting down some spoilers and merch stuff too, but the whole time I was on, about 90 minutes, I was the only one posting anything. I wasn't the only one on. Some of the others were on the whole time. They just didn't bother speaking. Hardly helpful
Report Spam   Logged

Exterminate
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Do Not Blaspheme!

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 09, 2011, 08:58:28 pm »

Yea that's happened to me too. Some people are just generally less chatty though. If it is someone you perhaps haven't spoken too much they might just be a bit shy about speaking up with someone they are unfamiliar with. Most of us all have been talking to each other for a year now so we are familiar enough to just chat, but others are newer and might not feel so relaxed.

One thing that frustrates me is that I used to post a lot of spoilers and film reports and set stuff, but I hardly bother now because most people don't seem interested. It makes no difference to me I suppose, I just share because I know it, but when something brand new gets posted but hardly raises an eyebrow, let alone a 'thank you for sharing' or whatever, it just feels a bit like I wasted my time
Report Spam   Logged

hannahcole93
Global Moderator
Master Of Galaxies
Favourite Doctor: 11 & 5
Favourite Companion: Amy Pond & Nyssa

"Fish fingers and custard..."

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary 10000 Posts Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #129 on: September 09, 2011, 08:59:33 pm »

Boo! Yeah I understand about that people logging on and not posting. I usually open the forum when I get home and then take a look reply to a couple of things then come back to things after I've done some work... And if I'm bored in frees in college I do just pop on on my phone... Like I am now...

Like over the summer holidays for example I was on here pretty much all day and it was so quiet... Deffos been quieter...

Sorry I couldn't get there tonight... Was supposed to be at my friend's on Wed (her parents see me as their 'adopted daughter') but was pretty ill on Wed so changed it til tonight and intended to be home for this but I got distracted because I've been home alone for the last 10 days and get bored... So hence why I'm still here at the moment...

And sorry PP for not helping stick up for the girls! Sad Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

"All of time and space; everything that ever happened or ever will…Where do you want to start?"
Peri-Peri
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 09, 2011, 09:07:16 pm »

The thing you need to realise though guys is while the Doc is busy away from the forum, it has left Emma alone on the blog, which means less stuff is getting posted there as it is down to one person and she is busy as well. As a result more people are coming here to check for updates instead but don't always have the time to post as well. I come on to the site several times a day most days but I don't really post until the evenings because I am busy in work and just checking on whats new or if anything needs sorting etc. Its not that all people are deliberately being quiet, but sometimes they just don't have time. I only ever post in the daytime if I have little work to do or I am skiving.

The forum has been quiet of late and I do hope it picks up again, because I know its turning the Doc grey lately. The mods, however little they sometimes appear to be on, all put a lot of work in to various sections and it is very disheartening to see them go quiet or get no notice at all, but it is just part of forum life I guess. There will be peaks and troughs and we just need to ride it out, but in the meantime, especially if you want to keep the forum going, we need to make sure that everyone is posting and joining in and helping things to move. Ex, I have been in the same boat as you were I post stuff and it gets overlooked, but it's not personal. People will post when they have stuff to say. The trick is to give people stuff to say because it is easy to absorb a spoiler or set report without feeling the need to comment. I always try to ask questions or spark a debate in a new thread to get people to share those opinions and feelings. Thats the best way that I find to get the ball rolling Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Peri-Peri
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 09, 2011, 09:09:19 pm »

Haha that's ok Hannah Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Aneurin
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Formally River Song

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 09, 2011, 09:10:38 pm »

I always try when I am on to post, even if it is only one or two just to say hello or whatever. I agree with PP though that there needs to be more in the way of discussion. One thing that I notice in a lot of threads is that people will come in and post an opinion, and it could be a really busy thread with lots of opinion, but it doesn't flow as a conversation. Does that make sense?
Report Spam   Logged

Exterminate
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Do Not Blaspheme!

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 09, 2011, 09:14:05 pm »

Yea I get what you mean. Its more like people are replying to the OP rather than to each other.

PP, I definately agree with most of what you said. Don't get me wrong, I am not singling any one person out and I have no issues with anyone, but, and I know this sounds cheesy, I do really love coming here and chatting to people about the show. Its such a cool bunch, and when it is busy with lots going on its a lot more fun because everyone is interacting, but now for the most part when I come on, with the exception of the watchathons, there is nobody else to talk to and I end up leaving to do something else instead of sticking around to post more. You all know what I am like, I am never short of stuff to say, I just don't often have anyone to say it to and I gave up starting loads of discussions because people seemed to give up replying
Report Spam   Logged

Peri-Peri
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 09, 2011, 09:15:53 pm »

Th only thing I can suggest is to stick at it. The more you post, the more there is to reply to and the more people will start interacting again. Nobody can be forced to post but if we all stick at it then the forum will be back to normal in no time
Report Spam   Logged

Exterminate
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Do Not Blaspheme!

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: September 09, 2011, 09:18:25 pm »

I suppose it doesn't help that filming has been delayed this year, so whereas we would normally have all that to discuss, we only have the once a week episodes to speak about
Report Spam   Logged

Aneurin
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Formally River Song

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 09, 2011, 09:19:59 pm »

Yea that's another thing. This time last year we had the Christmas special filming to discuss and then the main series right after, but we haven't had that this year, so perhaps less people are on the lookout for spoilers and stuff
Report Spam   Logged

Peri-Peri
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 09, 2011, 09:22:20 pm »

Exactly. It will pick up. Just don't give up otherwise there will ve nobody to discuss stuff. Ride it out and it will be fine.

And on that note I am off for a glass of wine. If you need anything just shout me Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Exterminate
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Do Not Blaspheme!

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 09, 2011, 09:22:28 pm »

Night PP Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Aneurin