The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 28, 2024, 11:51:10 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Vote in the Classic Episode Battles in The Invasion of Time

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Amy Williams?!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amy Williams?!  (Read 552 times)
Peri-Peri
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Doctor: Five
Favourite Companion: Peri

Circular logic will only make you dizzy, Doctor

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2011, 11:34:51 am »

Remember when Amy said that Melody Pond was the name of a super hero, while Melody Williams was the name of a geography teacher? I felt that it was referring back to that, that Amy isn't a super hero chasing danger around the stars anymore. Her own identity has changed by losing her faith in the Doctor. It is almost as if she has broken an addiction

I quite like that idea.
Report Spam   Logged

It eats you, starting with your bottom

Nyki
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Jon Pertwee
Favourite Companion: Leela

View Profile
Third year Anniversary 5000 Posts Second year Anniversary
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2011, 06:50:30 pm »

Actually, I don't recall "Mrs" being used at all in that scene, so the point isn't very relevant.  I normally use Ms as a default (eg in job application letters) unless someone's expressed a preference, and I was under the impression that's the norm.
Report Spam   Logged

DAK
TARDIS Traveller
Favourite Doctor: Eleven!
Favourite Companion: River!

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2011, 07:27:41 pm »

It is almost as if she has broken an addiction, and is going on to live a free life. {Not that I am saying that the Doctor is an addiction, although he could be  Cheesy}

Mmmm, yeah, yum!    Cheesy

Actually, I don't recall "Mrs" being used at all in that scene, so the point isn't very relevant.  I normally use Ms as a default (eg in job application letters) unless someone's expressed a preference, and I was under the impression that's the norm.

The title of "Mrs" comes along when a woman takes her husband's last name, doesn't it?  Or so I always thought; I don't know what to think any more.  LOL

Report Spam   Logged
Nyki
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Jon Pertwee
Favourite Companion: Leela

View Profile
Third year Anniversary 5000 Posts Second year Anniversary
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2011, 05:05:01 pm »

[

The title of "Mrs" comes along when a woman takes her husband's last name, doesn't it?  Or so I always thought; I don't know what to think any more.  LOL

Probably in a strictly legal sense, but in practice a married woman will choose whether to use Mrs or Ms.  What I was talking about was when someone I need to write to is given as , say "Jane Smith", in which case I'd address the letter "Dear Ms Smith".  If she was given as "Mrs Jane Smith" or "Miss Jane Smith", I'd assume that was her preference and use that.  Maybe it's the circles I move in, but I've always taken that as the norm.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: