The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 29, 2024, 02:59:58 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Follow our Facebook group, or check out the Doctor Who News site by hitting the links below

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Horror On Drezatine

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Horror On Drezatine  (Read 641 times)
Exterminate
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Do Not Blaspheme!

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2010, 05:05:43 pm »

Part 3

The Doctor, his companions and Sylvie turned and bolted towards the TARDIS, followed quickly by Firdhok and his troop. They could hear heavy boots thudding on the ground behind them and knew that they were catching up. The TARDIS was only a few feet away and as they approached its doors the Doctor started fumbling around in his pocket for the key.

'Doctor, you really need to hurry or we are going to get caught', Amy shouted breathlessly.

'But it's made out of wood', Sylvie proclaimed. 'We will never be safe. Even if they can't get in they will just burn us out.'

'It's perfectly safe. Just as long as we get in before they get to us', Rory added surprised at the bravery in his voice. He knew full well that he would usually be the most scared out of the group, but Sylvie's fear somehow made him feel less afraid that he, or even worse Amy, might not survive the latest travel.

They group could here their would-be captors closing in on them. They chanted as they ran and held their weapons high above their heads. As the Doctor fussed with the lock on the TARDIS, Sylvie turned to look at the approaching troop of monsters. She could tell by their expression that they meant business and all her hope of leaving this place was starting to fade.

'Ah there we go!' the Doctor exclaimed, pushing open one of the blue doors on his box. 'Now, all in. Wipe your feet and keep it orderly. And please, no shoving and pushing.'

Amy, Rory and Sylvie all rushed for the door at once and got themselves sort of stuck in its frame. The Doctor grabbed Amy by the back of her shirt and pulled her back, letting the others go through and then pushing her in before entering himself and slamming the doors behind him. Rory and Amy followed him to the console but Sylvie held back near the door staring in awe at her bright orange surroundings.

'Amy, take Sylvie down to the second floor medical room and get her cleaned up. Rory, come over here and type everything I say onto this typewriter.'

The Doctor signalled to the typewriter attached to the console board as he watched Amy guide Sylvie out of the console room. He started muttering instructions to himself as he pulled on the levers and moved the controls. Rory typed away as much as he could understand and hoped the Doctor wouldnt notice if he missed out a few words. The familiar noises of the engines starting up sounded around the room and within seconds they were in flight.

'Now, its been a very long time since I was last here but there was never any heart stealing on my last visit. In fact I was offered tea. Not something you generally get before a ritual heart taking. Or is it? Last one I went to was in 15th century Mexico and I dont think they even had tea back then but I did get a lovely cup of hot cocoa. No marshamallows though. Anyway, I think we need to head for the council buildings. If I can get inside then I can find out whats going on here.'

'You want to go inside? As in, get closer to the people who cut out hearts?' Rory asked.

'Well, hearts may be a metaphor. They could be talking about your tongue or your big toe. No, thats silly. What would anyone want with a big toe? They aren't even that pretty. Its far more likely that they were after whats in the bag.'

'The TARDIS part?'

'Exactly, Rory.' The Doctor replied. 'I think we have a race who are after a quick way to manipulate time travel. But that's my thing. We can't have them zooming around the universe showing off. It will make me look totally normal and boring, and there is one thing I am not, Rory Pond, and that is normal and boring.'

'Thats two th....', rory cut himself off before finishing when he saw the Doctor staring at him. 'Um, Doctor, Im typing everything that is being said here, but I can't see where the words are being printed.'

'Well of course you can't. That thing doesn't even have any ink in it. Thanks anyway. You've been a great help.'

The Doctor grinned and chuckled to himself as he carried on controling the TARDIS. Rory just stared with clenched teeth.

'Ok, so let me get this straight,' Sylvie said to Amy as they walked. 'This place flies around in space AND time and is infinate in size?'

'Well thats what the Doctor says, anyway,' she replied. 'Its pretty big though either way. We lost Rory for two days a few weeks ago. He only went to the toilet but ended up on the 17th floor about 6 miles east of the actual bathroom. The Doctor thought it would be fun to tell him the one next to the console room was out of order. If he hadnt found his way to the Bakery he would have starved. Oh, we need to go in here.'

'There's a bakery?' Sylvie questioned.

Amy directed Sylvie into the medical unit and pulled out some bandages and washcloths. She had spent a fair amount of time in this room since she started travelling with the Doctor so she knew her way around it well. She began getting Sylvie cleaned up and tending to her wounds.

'So do you make a habit of stealing?' Amy asked. Sylvie looked at her as though she was being accused of bank robbery.

'Im not a thief if that's what you're thinking. I didnt steal the bag. Just something about it made me want to touch it. I was mesmorised. I only wanted to look inside but as soon as I did I ended up here. It just happened to come with me I guess. Your friend seemed happy to see it anyway.'

'He would have been excited if there was a frozen chicken in that bag. Everything excites him. I guess after all that's happened though with his planet that he didnt expect to ever see something like that again.'

Sylvie was puzzled. 'What do you mean? What happened to his planet?'

'That's not for now.' Amy responded. 'So what about you. Any family? Anywhere we can take you back to? Not that I want to get rid of you, of course.'

'No one.' Sylvie didnt look sad, more proud that she has made it on her own. 'I was adopted as a child and always had to fend for myself. I trained to become an engineer and put myself through school. I look out for myself. I'm good with it though. It didnt screw me up, just made me stronger.'

'Ah, a strong woman. I've met a few of those.' The Doctors voice came over the tannoy in the room.

'Doctor, have you been listening to us?' Amy asked with a grin.

'Yes, and it was all very boring. I was waiting for you to say how great I am but you seem to have forgotten.' The Doctor laughed. 'Come on you two. We've landed and I have to tell you what I just made Rory do with the typewriter.'

'On our way' Amy replied and the two girls headed out of the medical unit.

On their arrival into the console room they could see Rory and the Doctor waiting for them. They headed over and the Doctor explained where they were. He assured Sylvie that she would be totally safe and headed for the door.

'Now, when we go outside, stealth is of the essence. The sooner we find out whats going on the sooner we can get Sylvie home and get ourselves somewhere with a beach. Stay behind me and we should be ok. The TARDIS will be safe on her own and I have parked her well out of the way so we should be able to get around without being noticed.'

The Doctor reached for the door and opened it. He took a step outside and walked straight into a pillar holding a vase. It crashed to the floor and smashed into tiny pieces sending a crashing noise echoing around the corridor. Within seconds the group were surrounded by Tridoks all pointing their weapons at the group. They all put their hands in the air and prepared for the worst.

The Doctor turned to face the others and looked bewildered. 'Yea, sorry about that'.

Report Spam   Logged

The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Donna Noble

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
Third year Anniversary Level 6 Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2010, 07:29:05 pm »

This is shaping up really well Exterminate. Is it just the one part left now?
Report Spam   Logged

Now and then, every once in a very long while, every day in a million days, when the wind stands fair and The Doctor comes to call, everybody lives.

Tardis-Console
Timelord
Favourite Companion: Amy

Say it. Everybody does!

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Second year Anniversary
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2010, 11:26:04 pm »

You have really captured the characters in the dialogue, Exterminate. I cant wait for the final part Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

My Series 6 Ratings (so far):
TIA 10/10 | DOTM 10/10 | COTBS 8/10 | TDW 10/10 | TRF 9/10 | TAP 10/10 | AGMGTW 10/10 | LKH 8/10 | NT 4/10 | TGWW 10/10
poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Companion: The Ponds

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2010, 05:18:25 pm »

Still loving this. Really can't wait to see how it all plays out.
Report Spam   Logged

"He is ever after only one thing: power. And also helmets with horns ... he's really into those."
Roranicus
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Companion: Rory

Rory FTW

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2010, 05:34:16 pm »

Ha, I love the reference to The Aztecs Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Oh my god Karen, you can't just ask someone why they're white!
MandyDuchovney
The Other Side Of Light
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: 10
Favourite Companion: Donna

View Profile
Poll Starter Poll Voter Level 4
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2010, 03:48:38 pm »

Have you actually finished the final part of this?  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Sarah Jane Smith: No.The universe has to move forward. Pain and loss, they define us as much as happiness or love. Whether it's a world, or a relationship. Everything has its time. And everything ends.
Exterminate
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Do Not Blaspheme!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2010, 11:10:11 am »

Yea pretty much. Just a few tweaks needed but ecause I broke my arm I didn't get it done in time. I'll put the final part up once the winner has been announced Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

MandyDuchovney
The Other Side Of Light
Timelord

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2010, 07:09:33 pm »

Not that there can ever be a 'good' time to break your arm but that was really bad timing Sad

Really enjoyed what you've done so far so looking forward to the final instalment..no pressure of course Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Sarah Jane Smith: No.The universe has to move forward. Pain and loss, they define us as much as happiness or love. Whether it's a world, or a relationship. Everything has its time. And everything ends.
Exterminate
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Do Not Blaspheme!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2010, 05:14:35 pm »

For thos of you who have been reading this, I will update with the final part once the winner of the competition has been revealed and had their glory Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Tardis-Console
Timelord

Say it. Everybody does!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2010, 10:53:21 am »

I cant believe you didnt get this finished on time. Would have been my choice as winner Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

TIA 10/10 | DOTM 10/10 | COTBS 8/10 | TDW 10/10 | TRF 9/10 | TAP 10/10 | AGMGTW 10/10 | LKH 8/10 | NT 4/10 | TGWW 10/10
Exterminate
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Do Not Blaspheme!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2011, 03:27:42 pm »

Now that the competition is out of the way, as soon as my arm is in a better state I will finish part four and get it uploaded

I cant believe you didnt get this finished on time. Would have been my choice as winner Smiley

That's really nice of you, thank you Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Tardis-Console
Timelord

Say it. Everybody does!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2011, 12:04:17 am »

Now that the competition is out of the way, as soon as my arm is in a better state I will finish part four and get it uploaded

Awesome, I look forward to it Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Exterminate
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Do Not Blaspheme!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2011, 09:19:46 pm »

My cast came off this week so I will finish off part four and finally wrap up this story Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

MandyDuchovney
The Other Side Of Light
Timelord

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2011, 10:50:15 am »

Good news on both scores Cool
Report Spam   Logged

Exterminate
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Do Not Blaspheme!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2011, 10:56:48 am »

Thanks Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Twisted-Sister
Faithful Companion

View Profile
Super Poster 50 Posts in one day Super Poster 25 Posts in one day Poll Voter
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2011, 02:28:31 pm »

I was reading this when I was a lurker and I have to say I thought it was great. When do you think you will get around to finishing it?
Report Spam   Logged

Aneurin
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Companion: River

Formally River Song

View Profile
Level 6 Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2011, 09:18:00 pm »

Exterminate, how much longer are we going to have to wait for the finale?? I want to know what happens to Sylvie Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

missadric2
TARDIS Traveller
Favourite Doctor: Peter Davison
Favourite Companion: Adric/ Amy Pond

Imagination is the key to Everything

View Profile
Topic Starter Multiple Badge Holder Level 3
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2011, 09:26:44 pm »

Wow this is amazing!!!! <3
Report Spam   Logged

'An apple a day keeps the.....oh never mind!' - fifth Doctor

The 5th Doctor will always have a special place in my heart and will always be MY Doctor

Exterminate
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Do Not Blaspheme!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2011, 10:52:41 pm »

Sorry I keep forgetting! I will definately get it done before the series starts Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

MandyDuchovney
The Other Side Of Light
Timelord

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2011, 11:08:44 am »

When you're ready Roll Eyes Tongue  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: