The Doctor In The TARDIS
April 20, 2024, 01:41:46 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out all the spoilers from Series 7 in our dedicated spoiler section

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Best Season of Torchwood

Poll
Question: Which is your favourite season of Torchwood?
Season 1 (Meet the Gang) - 0 (0%)
Season 2 (Cap'n John et al) - 5 (31.3%)
Season 3 (Children of Earth) - 11 (68.8%)
Season 4 (Miracle Day) - 0 (0%)
None of them. I don't like Torchwood - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 16

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Season of Torchwood  (Read 460 times)
Exterminate
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Do Not Blaspheme!

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2012, 03:06:01 pm »

I think s.3 was magical it was intelligent, dramatic and actually said something. RTD hit all of the buttons on that story. IMHO he'd have been better completely leaving "British" Torchwood and starting from scratch in the US

Really? I think that would have been even worse than what we got. Bring it completely back to Britain I say

I agree that TW was wonderful when it was set in Cardiff. But with the funding that was in place, there was no way that the US TV company was going to stump up the cash for, essentially, a British venture. I also think that - at the time - RTD wanted to do stuff with a US flavour (or should the be flavor) to try and "crack" America. (Though very sadly that looks on hold for the foreseeable future.)

At least if it had been a totally US venture then it could have had a clean slate and not been the ghost of TW that we saw. I think what I was probably advocating was an "all or nothing" approach rather than the half-arsed compromise that Miracle Day turned out to be.

It depends what you mean about clean slate though? Complete reboot (no Jack and Gwen) or perhaps Jack relocating and starting over?

Also, why is it unlikely about RTD?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: