The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 28, 2024, 04:39:23 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join The Infinite Quest - This Week's Story: Black Orchid

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Sarah Jane

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sarah Jane  (Read 127 times)
Saber
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Liz Shaw

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Second year Anniversary Apple User Mobile User
« on: October 05, 2011, 11:55:58 am »

Now that they have sort of brought an end to the Brigadiers character with his death, and the relatively smooth reaction it got in the finale from fans, do you think they should do the same thing with Sarah Jane?
Report Spam   Logged
hannahcole93
Global Moderator
Master Of Galaxies
Favourite Doctor: 11 & 5
Favourite Companion: Amy Pond & Nyssa

"Fish fingers and custard..."

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary 10000 Posts Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 11:09:29 am »

I was thinking that while watching it, yes now that they've addressed it for the Brig I think it is definitely possible to do it for Sarah Jane, and it really really should be done in a similar way. I can just imagine the Doctor arriving at Bannerman Road and seeing Luke and him breaking the news to the Doctor....

But yes definitely should be done in a similar way Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

"All of time and space; everything that ever happened or ever will…Where do you want to start?"
Saber
Timelord
Favourite Companion: Liz Shaw

View Profile
Second year Anniversary Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 03:39:17 pm »

I suppose it also comes down to how SJA ends. They have filmed an ending to the series but I doubt it will be too much of a 'closing'.

They could always just not mention it. I know SJS was one of the most important companions but the Doctor often goes years without ever mentioning his past assistants so they may go down the route of just never mentioning it.
Report Spam   Logged
Kovarians-Eye-Patch
TARDIS Traveller
Favourite Companion: Martha Jones

View Profile
Search One year Anniversary Level 4
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 04:36:27 pm »

I'm not sure the best way to handle it really, but I really don't think they should go down the road of just not mentioning her anymore. That would seem awful. It would probably be best to just have her off living somewhere. I can't imagine the Doctor would just let her die without at least going to be with her or something, which unless it's done offscreen is something they just can't do now.
Report Spam   Logged
TheDoctorDonna
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven/Two
Favourite Companion: Donna/Barbara

Whatchoo Lookin' At?

View Profile
Super Poster 50 Posts in one day Super Poster 25 Posts in one day Level 5
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2011, 12:34:36 pm »

I wouldn't be surprised if they just left it open to be honest. It's not as if she was over the hill so we don't need a story about how she passed away from old age and I think having her die in battle would be selling the character short considering all she has faced and overcome. There would be nothing wrong with having her out there in the background saving the world with an odd mention here or there. I don't see any need to kill her off, I really don't.
Report Spam   Logged

One! One word! Shake, milk-shake, milk! Milk! No? Not milk! Um, shake, shake, shake! Cocktail shake! What, d'you want a Harvey Wallbanger?
Tardis-Console
Timelord
Favourite Companion: Amy

Say it. Everybody does!

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Second year Anniversary
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 02:10:57 pm »

I think they should just let her live on. Other actors who have played companions have passed away and I am sure within the DW universe some of them would have passed away too and nothing has ever been mentioned to my knowledge. I know she was popular and well known but there is no reason that they should do a big death story, or even mention the passing of the character. Leaving her alive and out there doing her thing is far better I think.
Report Spam   Logged

My Series 6 Ratings (so far):
TIA 10/10 | DOTM 10/10 | COTBS 8/10 | TDW 10/10 | TRF 9/10 | TAP 10/10 | AGMGTW 10/10 | LKH 8/10 | NT 4/10 | TGWW 10/10
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: