The Doctor In The TARDIS
April 19, 2024, 11:42:20 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Vote in for the NuWho Episode Tournament in The Greatest Show In The Galaxy

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Changes To TIQ

Poll
Question: Please read before voting
Yes, add them in - 4 (40%)
I don't mind either way - 5 (50%)
I'd rather stick to the classics - 1 (10%)
Total Voters: 10

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Changes To TIQ  (Read 631 times)
The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Donna Noble

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
Third year Anniversary Level 6 Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« on: October 11, 2011, 03:16:44 pm »

A suggestion has been put forward to start incoprorating stories from NuWho into TIQ so we are putting this poll up to see how people would feel about that.

The stories would still remain random and the format would also remain the same but stories from 2005 onwards could also be chosen as story of the week to discuss in more depth alonside the classics.

The choice is in your hands so make sure to put your votes in and we will go with the majority. I will leave the poll open until Saturday and then make a decision.
Report Spam   Logged

Now and then, every once in a very long while, every day in a million days, when the wind stands fair and The Doctor comes to call, everybody lives.

Saber
Timelord
Favourite Companion: Liz Shaw

View Profile
Second year Anniversary Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 03:23:15 pm »

I voted to add them in. While I like the classic feel to the section and going through the old stories each week, its proven to be a great platform for getting people talking about the stories in more depth and it's all one big show so why not get everyone talking about the newer episodes in more depth too. I know this section started as a way of bringing more attention to the classics on the forum and introducing newer fans to them but I think after nearly 20 stories that has been achieved and bringing in the newer stories now will give people the chance to talk about stories they are perhaps more familiar with as well as mixing it up and giving more variety. Its also a good excuse to rewatch some of the newer stories that I haven't watched for a while.
Report Spam   Logged
Saber
Timelord
Favourite Companion: Liz Shaw

View Profile
Second year Anniversary Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 03:27:32 pm »

One thing I would suggest though is perhaps leaving out Series 6, since that has already been covered in much the same way in the Series 6 section.
Report Spam   Logged
Kovarians-Eye-Patch
TARDIS Traveller
Favourite Companion: Martha Jones

View Profile
Search One year Anniversary Level 4
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 05:37:00 pm »

I have only joined in with one story so far so perhaps my vote doesn't mean much but I think it would be cool to include the new stories as well.
Report Spam   Logged
Vampyros Adric
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: 4/6/7
Favourite Companion: Jo Grant

He is also vain, ego-centric and quite mad

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Mobile User Search
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2011, 08:45:15 pm »

My thought would be that we have really good coverage of Nu Who stories in The Satan Pit with the polls on the various stories and the chance to comment on them. I like the way that TIQ showcases the Classic Who stories. It reminds us of the rich heritage of the show, sometimes showing that there were amazing stories but also showing how far the show has evolved 2005 (see Delta and the Bannamen). I voted to keep TIQ a haven for the Classic Who stories.
Report Spam   Logged

Roranicus
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Companion: Rory

Rory FTW

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2011, 04:22:07 pm »

I voted 'I don't mind'. I like the way it is now, but I wouldn't be unhappy to see some new stories thrown in either.
Report Spam   Logged

Oh my god Karen, you can't just ask someone why they're white!
Nyki
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Jon Pertwee
Favourite Companion: Leela

View Profile
Third year Anniversary 5000 Posts Second year Anniversary
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2011, 12:33:44 am »

I voted I don't mind.  I sort of agree with VA, but I don't think it would be a huge deal.  The one thing I would point out is that the NuWho stories are generally shorter - 45 or 90 minutes, whereas only a few classic stories are shorter than 100 minutes.
Report Spam   Logged

poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Companion: The Ponds

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2011, 12:04:18 pm »

I voted the other day but forgot to say what I did. I voted to add them in  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

"He is ever after only one thing: power. And also helmets with horns ... he's really into those."
Peri-Peri
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Doctor: Five
Favourite Companion: Peri

Circular logic will only make you dizzy, Doctor

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2011, 07:53:01 pm »

I went with I don't mind. I think it could be good to have new stories thrown in as well, but I am happy with it just being the classics also. I'm good either way.

I'd agree though that if it goes ahead that we don't need anything later than The Big Bang included.
Report Spam   Logged

It eats you, starting with your bottom

Joshua
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Companion: Donna

View Profile
Third year Anniversary 2500 Posts Super Poster 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2011, 10:09:06 pm »

I need to catch up on TIQ still, so I feel a bit cheeky voting. Whilst I like that TIQ is older, it'd also be nice to discuss the newer stories again Smiley

So I went 'either way' Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

TV Addict|Lost|Grey's Anatomy|Parks & Rec|Game of Thrones|Community|Cougar Town|Doctor Who|Member of the Month Nov 2011
Peri-Peri
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Doctor: Five
Favourite Companion: Peri

Circular logic will only make you dizzy, Doctor

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2011, 12:20:53 pm »

Vote today if you haven't yet! Last chance to have input on the decision Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

It eats you, starting with your bottom

Exterminate
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Do Not Blaspheme!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2011, 11:16:06 am »

I really don't mind. It would be good to discuss the earlier new stories in more depth but I like it just being the classics, too. I'm good either way though.
Report Spam   Logged

The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2011, 11:20:19 am »

Ok, well the majority said yes or they don't mind so I guess we will start including the new series. I will run this weeks scheduled story as normal and then do a new list with all the stories from Rose through to The Big Bang included and then randomise them again.
Report Spam   Logged

Now and then, every once in a very long while, every day in a million days, when the wind stands fair and The Doctor comes to call, everybody lives.

The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2013, 09:58:19 pm »

This section of the forum keeps growing and as a result it is slowing down the forum. We need to find a way of making the stories easier to access while still keeping everything together. We already have nearly 60 sections on the main page and by the time we finish there will be over 200 so a decision has been made in order to keep it running smoothly while keeping everything together.

The main page will be changing so instead of having a section for each story, there will instead be sections for each season. The last 5 stories we go through will also be left on the main page for quick reference. All stories more than 5 weeks old will then be moved into their respective seasons.

A new thread will be created in here that will keep track of every story we have watched, their order in our run, the date they launched and a link to their section. This will hopefully make finding them much easier and keep the section neater without losing our random style of watching.

If you have any questions, queries or suggestions about other possible changes to the section, drop us a message below.
Report Spam   Logged

Tardis-Console
Timelord
Favourite Companion: Amy

Say it. Everybody does!

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Second year Anniversary
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2013, 02:33:40 pm »

I like the change. It seems neater and easier to locate stuff. It's easier to keep a track on what is missing two because we can see on the main board what stories are in (or not in) each season.
Report Spam   Logged

My Series 6 Ratings (so far):
TIA 10/10 | DOTM 10/10 | COTBS 8/10 | TDW 10/10 | TRF 9/10 | TAP 10/10 | AGMGTW 10/10 | LKH 8/10 | NT 4/10 | TGWW 10/10
Exterminate
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Do Not Blaspheme!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2013, 02:16:30 pm »

I like the new layout. Perhaps when it's all done they could be moved into the relevent sections on the board. That way they are always there for discussion without people seeing this section and thinking they missed the chance.
Report Spam   Logged

The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2013, 01:48:30 pm »

Another slight change has been made to the way that we view the stories in The Infinite Quest. Starting today, two stories will be posted each week. One from the classics and one from the new series. This is in an effort to save time and get through the stories as quickly as possible. If there are any issues or problems then please let us know.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: