The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 29, 2024, 03:33:06 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Celebrate 50 years of Doctor Who with us in our Top Ten Of Everything section

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

The Cave Of Skulls

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Cave Of Skulls  (Read 105 times)
TheDoctorDonna
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven/Two
Favourite Companion: Donna/Barbara

Whatchoo Lookin' At?

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Super Poster 50 Posts in one day Super Poster 25 Posts in one day Level 5
« on: October 14, 2011, 12:58:04 pm »

Is Moff taking us back to the very beginning here?

In The Wedding Of River Song, the Doctor learns that the question is 'Doctor Who' whilst in the cave of skulls. If we go back 48 years, the first time the question is asked is in An Unearthly Child, in the episode 'The Cave Of Skulls.'

Ian: Just open the doors, Doctor Foreman.
The Doctor: Eh? Doctor Who?

Not exactly in the same context, but you see where I am going with this, surely. It might be a huge coincidence or perhaps Moff is trying to throw us off, or just maybe it's an enormous hint and something that needs looking into further? It's definately an interesting link though and at the very least an interesting place to ask the questions given the reference. Either way I thought it was an interesting link all the same. We know that it is 'hidden in plain sight', which this clearly is and another line of Ian's would also tie in nicely here.

Ian: That's not his name. Who is he? Doctor who? Perhaps if we knew his name we might have a clue to all this.

Perhaps if this is a genuine link then it's all already building up to the 50th anniversary in two years. It would certainly be a good reason for going all that way back for the sake of an arc.

On the other hand I could be clutching at straws and it might mean nothing at all. What do you think?
Report Spam   Logged

One! One word! Shake, milk-shake, milk! Milk! No? Not milk! Um, shake, shake, shake! Cocktail shake! What, d'you want a Harvey Wallbanger?
Miss Wright
Tin Dog
Favourite Doctor: Eleven/One

View Profile
Level 4 Second year Anniversary Apple User
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 11:54:28 pm »

This thought had kind of occurred to me. I like the idea of the 50th anniversary part, though, because it gives it alot more importance. I hate it when TPTB do stuff that doesn't actually mean anything, even though it sounds like it does.
Report Spam   Logged
Nyki
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Jon Pertwee
Favourite Companion: Leela

View Profile
Third year Anniversary 5000 Posts Second year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 01:08:17 am »

That hadn't occurred to me, but it's a brilliant idea.  I hope it is leading to something.
Report Spam   Logged

Tardis-Console
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Amy

Say it. Everybody does!

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Second year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 02:01:06 pm »

This is an excellent theory

*virtual pat on the back*

I can't believe hardly anyone has commented on it! It would be an awesome way to tie things together from the very beginning to right now, and a very clever bit of work on Moffs part too. It could of course be a giant coincidence, but its a very cool one if it is. The only issue is that perhaps having something so important to an arc be buried in 50 years worth of episodes that I would guess perhaps at least half the audience have probably never seen, might end up a bit confusing. For fans of the classics though it's an awesome tie in.
Report Spam   Logged

My Series 6 Ratings (so far):
TIA 10/10 | DOTM 10/10 | COTBS 8/10 | TDW 10/10 | TRF 9/10 | TAP 10/10 | AGMGTW 10/10 | LKH 8/10 | NT 4/10 | TGWW 10/10
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: