The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 28, 2024, 11:01:56 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Follow our Facebook group, or check out the Doctor Who News site by hitting the links below

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

The New Time Lord Order: the Return of the Time Lords

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The New Time Lord Order: the Return of the Time Lords  (Read 236 times)
Mind_Robber
TARDIS Traveller

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
Poll Voter Level 4 Webmaster
« on: September 24, 2010, 01:10:56 pm »

I'm still working on this - even the title is a work in progress - but this is the fist installment of a fanfic I was writing for fanfiction.net

Prologue: An Unwritten History

In the final days of its 150th cycle, the mighty planet Gallifrey was decimated, and its people – the Time Lords – exterminated in what became known as the Last Great Time War between the Dalek Alliance and Time Lord Resistance
Fatally injured and nearing the end of his eighth life, The Doctor – a child of two worlds – fled the remnants of his home planet and escaped to the only other planet on which he’d ever felt at home: Earth!
Once there, he would regenerate into a new, healthier form, and allow his ship – the TARDIS – to perform repairs on the extreme damage it had received during the war.

Believing himself to be the last surviving member of his now dead race, The Doctor took on the responsibility of travelling time and space – occasionally picking up a companion or two – and righting wrongs.
What he had never known – even after two further regenerations and two encounters with rival Time Lord The Master – was that he wasn’t as alone as he had thought.
Report Spam   Logged

There's one thing you never put in a trap. If you're smart, if you value your continued existence, if you have any plans about seeing tomorrow, there's one thing you never, ever put in a trap... me!
Mind_Robber
TARDIS Traveller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 01:13:05 pm »

Quick note: for the benefit of this story, 150 Gallifreyan cycles = 150 Earth centuries
Report Spam   Logged

There's one thing you never put in a trap. If you're smart, if you value your continued existence, if you have any plans about seeing tomorrow, there's one thing you never, ever put in a trap... me!
Tardis-Console
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Amy

Say it. Everybody does!

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Second year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 05:42:57 pm »

So are you gunna post the next part for us all?
Report Spam   Logged

My Series 6 Ratings (so far):
TIA 10/10 | DOTM 10/10 | COTBS 8/10 | TDW 10/10 | TRF 9/10 | TAP 10/10 | AGMGTW 10/10 | LKH 8/10 | NT 4/10 | TGWW 10/10
Mind_Robber
TARDIS Traveller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 07:55:52 pm »

I'm working on a couple of projects, including this one. And that's between tweeting, RPing and running my site. I'll try to update as soon as I can Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

BeeSC
Earthling
Favourite Doctor: 10th
Favourite Companion: Rose/Donna

I'm Not Mean. I'm Just Not Very Nice ™

View Profile
Search Level 4 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2010, 03:29:10 am »

Great start...I can see myself continuing reading this story.
Report Spam   Logged

MandyDuchovney
The Other Side Of Light
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: 10
Favourite Companion: Donna

View Profile
Poll Starter Poll Voter Level 4
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2010, 07:35:02 pm »

Well at least you got it off to a nice start Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Sarah Jane Smith: No.The universe has to move forward. Pain and loss, they define us as much as happiness or love. Whether it's a world, or a relationship. Everything has its time. And everything ends.
Mind_Robber
TARDIS Traveller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2010, 01:10:46 pm »

I assure you there will be a new installment of this story. I've been working on the next part. I've just hit a bit of a stumbling block in the story arc. As in, I don't have one... yet. I did have one, but it just didn't feel right, so I've been trying to think of a new one that did.
Report Spam   Logged

Mind_Robber
TARDIS Traveller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2011, 04:58:35 pm »

I've changed the name of this thread. I took the idea from Star Wars: Return of the Jedi.

I (sorta) have a plot, and if this fic goes well (i.e. if I can get any more chapters off the ground), I'll make this into a series. I'm just having trouble writing chapter 1 in such a way that it links smoothly into chapter 2.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: