The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 28, 2024, 06:51:07 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join The Infinite Quest - This Week's Story: Black Orchid

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Official Convention

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Convention  (Read 110 times)
poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: The Ponds

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Level 6
« on: November 14, 2011, 01:18:20 pm »

This was announced towards the end of last week:

The OFFICIAL Doctor Who Convention is finally here!

The Official Doctor Who Convention is the ultimate event for Doctor Who enthusiasts. With unparalleled access to the cast and crew, this event offers fans a one-off chance to immerse themselves behind the scenes of the world’s longest running sci-fi show.

No other Doctor Who event gets you closer. Delve, as never before, into the creative minds behind the hit TV show, with unique opportunities to witness experts demonstrate how the special effects and prosthetics have created some of the iconic scenes and characters. Interactive panel discussions with cast and crew, photo and autograph sessions and a show case of official costumes and props, will give every true fan the chance to celebrate and share their passion for all things Doctor Who.

Already confirmed are Matt Smith and Steven Moffat, with more special guests to be announced in the coming weeks!

Your ticket includes:

Interactive Q&A panel discussions with the cast and crew
Prosthetics & special effects demonstrations
Official props and costume displays
Official merchandise & collectables

The Official Doctor Who Convention is a one day Convention, whereby the programme of events is the same for Saturday and Sunday. Visitors are therefore encouraged to choose which day they would like to attend.

Autograph and photo opportunities with the main cast members will be available as an upgrade option on a first come first served basis.

Tickets are strictly limited to this brand new event and include unique Official Doctor Who Convention 2012 merchandise – check out the TICKET INFO page for details and to book your tickets today.

The Time Lord awaits!

The dates are March 24th & 25th 2012.

Tickets go on sale today & are priced at £99 (upgrades are extra).

Visit the website here: http://dwconvention.com/
Report Spam   Logged

"He is ever after only one thing: power. And also helmets with horns ... he's really into those."
Tardis-Console
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Amy

Say it. Everybody does!

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Second year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 01:30:53 pm »

I was reading about this the other day. I really want to go but doubt that I could afford it. As well as tickets I'd have to pay for flights and hotels and whatnot. Would cost a fortune and the tickets are expensive enough on their own
Report Spam   Logged

My Series 6 Ratings (so far):
TIA 10/10 | DOTM 10/10 | COTBS 8/10 | TDW 10/10 | TRF 9/10 | TAP 10/10 | AGMGTW 10/10 | LKH 8/10 | NT 4/10 | TGWW 10/10
Vampyros Adric
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: 4/6/7
Favourite Companion: Jo Grant

He is also vain, ego-centric and quite mad

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Mobile User Search
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 01:28:00 pm »

I missed the Longleat Convention in 1983 and it looks like I'll miss this one as well Sad
Report Spam   Logged

hannahcole93
Global Moderator
Master Of Galaxies
Favourite Doctor: 11 & 5
Favourite Companion: Amy Pond & Nyssa

"Fish fingers and custard..."

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary 10000 Posts Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2011, 08:42:27 pm »

Could be tempting but (although I have enough money from a birthday) it's an awful lot of money and I'd have to get there and back myself, not going to happen Sad

Had it have been in London I'd be more likely to think about going, but sadly not Sad
Report Spam   Logged

"All of time and space; everything that ever happened or ever will…Where do you want to start?"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: