The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 29, 2024, 07:55:01 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Follow our Facebook group, or check out the Doctor Who News site by hitting the links below

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Colin Baker: I'll Never Forget Doctor Who

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Colin Baker: I'll Never Forget Doctor Who  (Read 64 times)
Peri-Peri
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Doctor: Five
Favourite Companion: Peri

Circular logic will only make you dizzy, Doctor

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« on: September 25, 2010, 11:58:47 am »

Colin Baker has admitted that he is not bothered by being forever linked with Doctor Who.

Baker, who played the show's title character between 1984 and 1987, told Wales Online that he has no desire to end his association with the long-running sci-fi series.

"I don't think I'll ever move away from that and to be honest, I have no particular desire to move away from it," the actor stated. "I don't understand those who are precious about these things. I don't get it when actors say, 'Oh that's something I did 20 years ago, I don't want to talk about'."

He also expressed satisfaction that the BBC now seems to value the franchise more highly than it did during his tenure as The Doctor.

He further explained: "Let's be honest, Doctor Who is special, it's played a huge part in the British public's consciousness. It's good to see the BBC appreciating it and valuing it now, which they didn't do during my time in the late '80s.

"I've enjoyed immensely watching it. However when I left, the ratings were exactly the same, 5 to 6 million, as they are now, they were no different. I know the television landscape has changed but it's ironic nonetheless."

Despite the abuse he often gets, it is nice to know he is still fond of his time on the show. He has a very hazy view of the ratings though. Perhaos he still is a teency bit bitter Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

It eats you, starting with your bottom

Dame Roger
TARDIS Traveller
Favourite Doctor: Second
Favourite Companion: Ace

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Windows User Poll Voter
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 09:50:44 pm »

He still seems to love being referred to as the Doctor. Anyone else remember him showing up on Top Gear in character once?

(if I remember right Richard Hammond held his coat while he did a lap of the track)
Report Spam   Logged

"I'm reversing the jelly baby of the neutron flow."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: