The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 29, 2024, 07:05:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Follow our Facebook group, or check out the Doctor Who News site by hitting the links below

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Zoe Heriot

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zoe Heriot  (Read 236 times)
Peri-Peri
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Doctor: Five
Favourite Companion: Peri

Circular logic will only make you dizzy, Doctor

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« on: December 11, 2011, 10:46:30 pm »

Zoe Heriot was a brilliant young scientist from the 21st Century who accompanied the Second Doctor and Jamie McCrimmon in their travels aboard the Doctor's TARDIS.

Zoe was an astrometricist, first class, and astrophysicist on board Space Station W3, known as The Wheel, when she met the Doctor and Jamie. Zoe had a photographic memory, and was described by her colleagues as 'the librarian'. She was very bad at history, however. Her training left her emotionally underdeveloped, having been taught only the value of logic. When she met the Doctor, Zoe was presented with a case study in how illogical, intuitive, actions and instinct could be successful. From their first meeting on Space Station W3, Zoe often questioned the Doctor.

As Zoe became more aware that there was more to knowledge than mere facts, she decided to hide in the TARDIS. She realised that she had learnt as much as she could on the Wheel, where her abilities and role were compartmentalised and defined. Zoe had become ready to discover the universe, and her place in it. Before he felt ready to have her brave the terrors of the universe, however, the Doctor showed her a thought projection of his most recent encounter with the Daleks.

Despite knowing very little about the Doctor, she remained a loyal companion. She described him as old, clever and kind. Despite her apparent bravery, she was quick to call for assistance if she needed it.
Report Spam   Logged

It eats you, starting with your bottom

Nyki
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Jon Pertwee
Favourite Companion: Leela

View Profile
Third year Anniversary 5000 Posts Second year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2011, 12:42:41 am »

Jamie/Victoria and Jamie/Zoe are two of my favourite companion combinations, and I think they were very smart to make Zoe such a contrast with Victoria.  Zoe can be a little insufferable at times, but by this stage she'd become a lot more humanised than at the start, and all three of them play off each other brilliantly.
Report Spam   Logged

Saber
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Liz Shaw

View Profile
Second year Anniversary Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2011, 08:10:38 pm »

Sometimes I love Zoe. Sometimes she irritates me to high heaven. In this story I love her and as much as I absolutely love Liz, this story always makes me wonder how things would have been if she had agreed to stay on into the next series. I'm glad that she didn't but with more stories like this I think she would have been a lot more tolerable.
Report Spam   Logged
Roranicus
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Companion: Rory

Rory FTW

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2011, 03:48:05 pm »

I find Zoe quite hit and miss too. I like her more than I dislike her and she got lots better as her journey goes on.

I don't think I knew they wanted her to stay on though. If I did then I forgot. That would have made Pertwees first season very different, that's for sure.
Report Spam   Logged

Oh my god Karen, you can't just ask someone why they're white!
Peri-Peri
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Doctor: Five
Favourite Companion: Peri

Circular logic will only make you dizzy, Doctor

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2011, 03:41:37 pm »

I remember reading a rumour a long time ago that the reason she chose not to stay was because she was afraid of how she would look with the change to colour. In an interview I read with her though she just said how she wouldn't have felt right carrying on without FH and PT.
Report Spam   Logged

It eats you, starting with your bottom

Aneurin
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Companion: River

Formally River Song

View Profile
Level 6 Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2011, 09:51:49 pm »

I quite like Zoe. I know she is whiny and a bit of a know it all, but I do think she is quite likeable with it. She can be annoying at times, but so can most of the companions and I think she worked really well with Jamie and the Doctor.
Report Spam   Logged

Aneurin
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Companion: River

Formally River Song

View Profile
Level 6 Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2011, 09:52:02 pm »

I quite like Zoe. I know she is whiny and a bit of a know it all, but I do think she is quite likeable with it. She can be annoying at times, but so can most of the companions and I think she worked really well with Jamie and the Doctor.
Report Spam   Logged

Tardis-Console
Timelord
Favourite Companion: Amy

Say it. Everybody does!

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Second year Anniversary
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2011, 02:23:53 pm »

This I think sums up my feelings on her perfectly. I love Liz lots though so I am glad she didn't stay on.
Report Spam   Logged

My Series 6 Ratings (so far):
TIA 10/10 | DOTM 10/10 | COTBS 8/10 | TDW 10/10 | TRF 9/10 | TAP 10/10 | AGMGTW 10/10 | LKH 8/10 | NT 4/10 | TGWW 10/10
TheDoctorDonna
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven/Two
Favourite Companion: Donna/Barbara

Whatchoo Lookin' At?

View Profile
Super Poster 50 Posts in one day Super Poster 25 Posts in one day Level 5
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2011, 03:02:24 pm »

I don't think she would have worked alongside Pertwee to be honest. The Second Doctor had a lot more patience than Three did, and he wouldn't have put up with her whinging.
Report Spam   Logged

One! One word! Shake, milk-shake, milk! Milk! No? Not milk! Um, shake, shake, shake! Cocktail shake! What, d'you want a Harvey Wallbanger?
Nyki
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Jon Pertwee
Favourite Companion: Leela

View Profile
Third year Anniversary 5000 Posts Second year Anniversary
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2011, 10:49:40 pm »

I don't think she would have worked alongside Pertwee to be honest. The Second Doctor had a lot more patience than Three did, and he wouldn't have put up with her whinging.

I think the Third Doctor would also have much more competitive intellectually with her Cool
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: