The Doctor In The TARDIS
April 18, 2024, 12:10:28 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Vote in the Classic Episode Battles in The Invasion of Time

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Steven Moffat on Captain Jack

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steven Moffat on Captain Jack  (Read 258 times)
Iceman
Global Moderator
Faithful Companion
Favourite Doctor: The Doctor
Favourite Companion: Captain Jack Harkness

Hey, it's me!

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« on: November 17, 2010, 12:24:52 pm »

http://www.atvnewsnetwork.co.uk/today/index.php/atv-today/4671-russell-t-davies-reveals-steven-moffat-wants-captain-jack-in-doctor-who

Russell T. Davies has revealed that new Doctor Who  showrunner Steven Moffat wants to feature Captain Jack Harkness (John Barrowman) in the show at some point in the future. Davies made the comments in an interview with IGN where he also discussed how he and Moffat exchange storyline details on future plots on Doctor Who and its spin-off shows The Sarah Jane Adventures and Torchwood so nothing clashes between the three shows.

Well, Steven said he'd love to see Jack in Doctor Who. So if Steven says that, Steven will make it happen, I would think. That's not inside information, but I bet one day it will happen. I'd love to see it. It would be marvelous. - Russell T Davies in IGN.

The character of Captain Jack Harkness was first introduced in the first season two-part story The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances which was written by Moffat. The character appeared in five episodes of Season One and was subsequently given his own spin-off series, Torchwood. John Barrowman returned to Doctor Who as Captain Jack for the three-part series three finale and the two-part series four finale. He also had a cameo appearance in David Tennant's final story as the 10th Doctor, The End of Time.

As fans will already be aware Torchwood is due to return next year for a new ten-part series which will see Barrowman reprise his role of Captain Jack once more with Eve Myles back as Gwen Cooper. It's unlikely therefore we will see Jack back in Doctor Who anytime soon but with both Torchwood and Who filming in America next year who knows?

Grin Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Twitter: http://twitter.com/Iceman525

What a bunch of a-holes.
chrissymarieb
Faithful Companion
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Rory Williams and Donna Noble

View Profile
Search Apple User Poll Voter
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 12:51:14 pm »

YES!!!!  LOVE IT!!!!! 
Report Spam   Logged

"It's smaller on the outside"
Sandiwich11
Faithful Companion
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: The Brig

View Profile WWW
Level 5 Third year Anniversary Windows User
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 12:54:39 pm »

Sweet Cheesy

What do they mean by DW filming in America next year thou? lol
Report Spam   Logged

One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: