The Doctor In The TARDIS
April 20, 2024, 05:42:44 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Head over to 76 Totters Lane and check out all the latest merchandise

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Random Facts About.... Gridlock

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Random Facts About.... Gridlock  (Read 183 times)
The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Donna Noble

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
Third year Anniversary Level 6 Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« on: February 12, 2012, 12:58:53 pm »

If you know anything random or interesting about Gridlock then jot it down in here to share with the forum.

Report Spam   Logged

Now and then, every once in a very long while, every day in a million days, when the wind stands fair and The Doctor comes to call, everybody lives.

Tardis-Console
Timelord
Favourite Companion: Amy

Say it. Everybody does!

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Second year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 02:03:30 pm »

The gap between the Macras last appearance and this one is the longest of any character/alien/race in the history of the show.
Report Spam   Logged

My Series 6 Ratings (so far):
TIA 10/10 | DOTM 10/10 | COTBS 8/10 | TDW 10/10 | TRF 9/10 | TAP 10/10 | AGMGTW 10/10 | LKH 8/10 | NT 4/10 | TGWW 10/10
Roranicus
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Companion: Rory

Rory FTW

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 08:12:18 pm »

Gridlock is the 727th broadcast episode of Doctor Who, surpassing the 726 instalments accumulated by the Star Trek franchise (although Trek's record was set through the broadcasts of six seperate series)
Report Spam   Logged

Oh my god Karen, you can't just ask someone why they're white!
Peri-Peri
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Doctor: Five
Favourite Companion: Peri

Circular logic will only make you dizzy, Doctor

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 12:59:09 pm »

Gridlock is the 727th broadcast episode of Doctor Who, surpassing the 726 instalments accumulated by the Star Trek franchise (although Trek's record was set through the broadcasts of six seperate series)

I know they had lots of different series, but I had no idea Star Trek as a whole had that many episodes.
Report Spam   Logged

It eats you, starting with your bottom

Aneurin
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Companion: River

Formally River Song

View Profile
Level 6 Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 10:11:05 pm »

Yea I thought there was only about 2-300 Star Trek episodes. I don't suppose it really counts though since they are technically all different series.
Report Spam   Logged

poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Companion: The Ponds

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2012, 12:04:44 pm »

Yea I thought there was only about 2-300 Star Trek episodes. I don't suppose it really counts though since they are technically all different series.

But still all part of the same franchise - if you look up Star Trek it will give you info about them all as they aren't really classed as spin-offs. They all have the Star Trek title, they all take place in the same universe, major characters (and the actors playing them) are consistent across them, they use the same rules & the ones that were on simultaneously crossed over with each other & the major events in one touched on what was going on in others (& the films too when they came along). To me, they count.
Report Spam   Logged

"He is ever after only one thing: power. And also helmets with horns ... he's really into those."
Nyki
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Jon Pertwee
Favourite Companion: Leela

View Profile
Third year Anniversary 5000 Posts Second year Anniversary
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2012, 10:29:28 pm »

Yes, I'd agree it counts - though, by that count, maybe we should add TW & SJA to Doctor Who's total.
Report Spam   Logged

Tardis-Console
Timelord

Say it. Everybody does!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2012, 10:32:37 pm »

I've never watched Star Trek so I don't know any better, but even though they have different titles are they essentially a continuation of the 60's series like classic Who and NuWho, or are they more like what Torchwood and SJA is to DW? Same 'whoniverse' but essentially different. I always assumed it was like one long series that kept ending and coming back and ending and coming back, just with umbrella titles, but on wikipedia it says some of the series were on the air at the same time. Its so confusing. I watched the movie a few months back. The newest one. It was pretty good. I'm tempted to get started but 700+ episodes is a lot. Are any missing like Doctor Who?

So off topic, sorry Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

TIA 10/10 | DOTM 10/10 | COTBS 8/10 | TDW 10/10 | TRF 9/10 | TAP 10/10 | AGMGTW 10/10 | LKH 8/10 | NT 4/10 | TGWW 10/10
poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2012, 11:31:22 pm »

Yes, I'd agree it counts - though, by that count, maybe we should add TW & SJA to Doctor Who's total.

Personally I wouldn't - they aren't branded as Doctor Who & major events aren't cross referenced. Just my take though.

I've never watched Star Trek so I don't know any better, but even though they have different titles are they essentially a continuation of the 60's series like classic Who and NuWho, or are they more like what Torchwood and SJA is to DW? Same 'whoniverse' but essentially different. I always assumed it was like one long series that kept ending and coming back and ending and coming back, just with umbrella titles, but on wikipedia it says some of the series were on the air at the same time. Its so confusing. I watched the movie a few months back. The newest one. It was pretty good. I'm tempted to get started but 700+ episodes is a lot. Are any missing like Doctor Who?

So off topic, sorry Tongue

In that they continue the story of the United Federation of Planets & it's allies & enemies yes it is a continuation though TNG, DS9 & Voyager are set about a century later. Events that happened in the original run are continued, resolved or referenced & original series characters & villains appear in the later shows. In the case of Enterprise (which is set before the original run) you get prequels to the later stories. They are in exactly the same universe - the same laws apply across the board. In the ones that were on simultaneously you get crossover characters & the Federation leadership is the same. For the best example that it's the same show I would anyone in the direction of the DS9 episode 'Trials & Tribble-lations' where the crew have to go back to stop events being changed that occurred in the original series episode 'The Trouble With Tribbles.'

I don't think any episodes are missing.

Hope that helps. If not, maybe we could move the discussion over to the Star Trek thread to continue discussing it rather than de-railing this thread any further  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

"He is ever after only one thing: power. And also helmets with horns ... he's really into those."
Tardis-Console
Timelord

Say it. Everybody does!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2012, 10:01:48 am »

Yea it makes sense. Sorry for derailing the thread.
Report Spam   Logged

poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2012, 12:16:05 pm »

Yea it makes sense. Sorry for derailing the thread.

No worries - it was kind off track before that anyway. Always happy to discuss Trek though  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Oh-Wise-One
Faithful Companion

View Profile
Super Poster 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2012, 12:25:07 pm »

The gap between the Macras last appearance and this one is the longest of any character/alien/race in the history of the show.

We might see that broken in the next series though, depending on who or what they are bringing back from the 60s
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: