The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 29, 2024, 11:48:15 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out all the spoilers from Series 7 in our dedicated spoiler section

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

warehouse 13

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: warehouse 13  (Read 134 times)
thefifthdoctor
Faithful Companion
Favourite Doctor: Fifth
Favourite Companion: Peri

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Poll Starter Poll Voter Level 4
« on: July 31, 2011, 10:14:42 pm »

The series follows United States Secret Service Agents Myka Bering (Joanne Kelly), Peter Lattimer (Eddie McClintock) and ATF agent Steve Jinks (Aaron Ashmore) when they are assigned to the government's secret Warehouse 13, which houses supernatural "artifacts". It is located in a barren landscape in South Dakota, and they initially regard the assignment as punishment. As they go about their assignments to retrieve missing Warehouse 13 artifacts and investigate reports of new ones, they come to understand the importance of what they are doing.

Starring Eddie McClintock, Joanne Kelly, Saul Rubinek, Allison Scagliotti & Genelle Williams.

Thought I'd make a topic for discussion as seems we've a good few fans on here!
Report Spam   Logged

poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: The Ponds

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 10:52:53 pm »

I love it - only seen S1 & 2 so far - 3 starts this week in the UK.

I got into it when they started re-showing S1 on Virgin1 but they stopped showing them with 2 eps left to go. At that point Syfy were a week away from running S2 so I did a mad dash out to the shops to get the boxset so I was all up to date.

I really like Eddie McClintock as Pete (I'd previously seen him in a minor recurring role in Bones & liked what he did in that) & I think Claudia (Alison Scagliotti) was a great addition to the team.

It's a really fun show & I especially find the 'artifacts' fascinating - some of them kind of go over my head because I don't know the real world link (though they are always explained anyway), but the ones that I do I just love - the way they are used & the stories created for them are really quite clever sometimes. Can't wait to see what else they have stored in there  Smiley

Also I love the crossover with EuReka - although I'm way behind on that show  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

"He is ever after only one thing: power. And also helmets with horns ... he's really into those."
Roranicus
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Companion: Rory

Rory FTW

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 10:45:26 pm »

I've never watched this, but some girlfriends of mine have recommended it. I think I will have to put it on my 'must watch' list.
Report Spam   Logged

Oh my god Karen, you can't just ask someone why they're white!
Jamdog
Earthling
Favourite Doctor: Richard E Grant
Favourite Companion: Astrid Peth

View Profile
Level 4 Poll Voter Level 3
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 11:45:12 pm »

I have watched every episode of Warehouse 13, and download them as soon as they are available (hours after they are shown in USA, which is usually several months before we get them in the UK).  I also do the same with Eureka and Chuck, which are both also excellent series.

It's tough to choose which of these I like best;  ask me at different times and you'll get different answers, but I think Warehouse 13 is the one I would miss most if it were to be cancelled.

It's now up to Series 3 episode 3, and the only gripe I have is that it is starting to get a little crowded.

In S1E1, Warehouse 13 was manned only by Artie Nielsen (masterfully played by the excellent Saul Rubinek), but by the end of that first episode, he'd recruited Pete Lattimer and Myka Bering as two new Warehouse Agents.

In the 4th episode, Claudia Donovan joined the crew, rapidly becoming my favourite character in the show.

Through the 1st and 2nd seasons, a few ex-Agents appeared (HG Wells, Rebecca St Clair, James MacPherson, Hugo Miller), but these were all fairly short-lived, but now with the start of the 3rd season, we have another new Agent (Steve Jinks, played by Aaron Ashmore), Leena, the guest-house owner and Mrs Frederic are both in virtually every episode, and ex-Agent Hugo Miller (played by the great Rene Auberjonois) is re-appearing.

I just hope it doesn't become a case of too many characters spoil the show.  It's nice to have ex-agents make an occasional re-appearance, but now we have 5 regular agents, when 3 or 4 worked so well for so long.
Report Spam   Logged

thefifthdoctor
Faithful Companion

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2011, 11:00:27 am »

Yeah, it does feel like it's slowly turning into a Star Trek sized ensemble, which isn't what W13 needs.
I don't know if Jimmy Olsen is gonna be in the whole series or not, but he hasn't added anything to the show in my opinion.

Still, series 3 is off to a good start (not watched this week's yet)
Report Spam   Logged

thefifthdoctor
Faithful Companion

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2011, 05:22:06 pm »

Excitement!
HG is back this week!
(and Ianto is in it too...)

http://video.syfy.com/shows/warehouse13
Report Spam   Logged

Jamdog
Earthling

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2011, 12:54:02 am »

Just watched this week's episode (Series 3, Episode 6, "Don't Hate the Player")

[spoiler]Another Eureka! crossover!  Douglas Fargo returns to Warehouse 13.

A great, but quite surreal episode, as most of it is set inside a virtual reality game.

Also, there is a big cliffhanger at the end.  Has the warehouse been compromised?[/spoiler]

Wow, can't wait for next week now...
Report Spam   Logged

poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2011, 11:46:49 am »

Thanks for using the spoiler tags Jamdog  Smiley

Just popped in to say that W13 has been renewed for a fourth season. Eureka, of course, was not so lucky  Sad
Report Spam   Logged

"He is ever after only one thing: power. And also helmets with horns ... he's really into those."
thefifthdoctor
Faithful Companion

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2011, 08:51:32 am »

Don't start me on Eureka.
Bl00dy syfy idiots.
Gotta churn out yet more Mockbusters I guess.

W13 is just getting better & better, this week (US for me) was ****, a great Myka episode guest starring one Charles Gunn....can't say much more for fear of spoilers yet though...has it aired in the UK yet?

Edit: crack1ng? REALLY?
Report Spam   Logged

poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2011, 09:59:22 am »

I think we're 4 or 5 eps behind over here, so that would be a no!  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Jamdog
Earthling

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2011, 01:23:28 pm »

No, it hasn't aired in the UK yet, but as I download the episode from eztv a few hours after it aired in the US, I'm as up-to-date as I can get, and agree with TheFifthDoctor, this weeks was a really great episode.
[spoiler]
The whole episode centered on Myka, returning right back to the first ever episode of Warehouse 13, when her partner, Sam, was killed.  We see the interesting dynamic between Myka and Sam's ex-wife (Myka was having an affair with Sam when he died), and the guy who killed Sam had never been caught.  With Myka's Warehouse experience, and some help from Pete, she realises that an artifact is involved, and finally gets the man who killed her partner.

I expected more on the other big Warehouse story though.  Steve Jinks and Claudia Donovan retrieved an artifact, then were knocked unconscious by darts and spent the episode trying to find who took the artifact.  As expected, Sally Stukowski is the culprit, but no mention is made of her plague of electronic flies that infested the Warehouse at the end of the previous episode, which was frustratingly disappointing.
[/spoiler]
Report Spam   Logged

thefifthdoctor
Faithful Companion

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2011, 04:59:45 pm »

We're totally on the same wavelength Jam, the last thing you said, I was wondering that the whole episode!
Also, eztv rocks!
 Afro
Report Spam   Logged

Jamdog
Earthling

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2011, 06:57:53 pm »

Just popped in to say that W13 has been renewed for a fourth season. Eureka, of course, was not so lucky  Sad
Seems that Eureka! will be returning for a Christmas special, and then a full season in 2012, but it will be the final season (see this season trailer at syfy.com).

I'm also really enjoying the new series from Steven Spielberg, Terra Nova.
Report Spam   Logged

Peri-Peri
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Doctor: Five

Circular logic will only make you dizzy, Doctor

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2011, 08:25:55 pm »

Terra Nova has it's own thread in here somewhere. You should check it out Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

It eats you, starting with your bottom

Jamdog
Earthling

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2011, 09:22:49 pm »

Terra Nova has it's own thread in here somewhere. You should check it out Smiley
Thanks, I'd missed it!  Found it here (for anyone else looking for it)
Report Spam   Logged

Oh-Wise-One
Faithful Companion

View Profile
Super Poster 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2012, 03:45:30 pm »

I started downloading this today and I plan to make a start on it over the weekend. I've heard good things so I hope it lives up to the hype. I noticed on wiki that the next series has been extended to 20 episodes so I guess thats a good sign.
Report Spam   Logged
Roranicus
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Companion: Rory

Rory FTW

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2012, 09:44:49 pm »

I started downloading this today and I plan to make a start on it over the weekend. I've heard good things so I hope it lives up to the hype. I noticed on wiki that the next series has been extended to 20 episodes so I guess thats a good sign.

I tried a couple of episodes because some friends were going on about it but I couldn't get into it. It wasn't bad I just feel pulled in.
Report Spam   Logged

Oh my god Karen, you can't just ask someone why they're white!
Saber
Timelord
Favourite Companion: Liz Shaw

View Profile
Second year Anniversary Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2012, 09:24:00 pm »

I've had this downloaded for months and never made a start on it. Its just one of many shows that are on my hard drive that I intend to get around to at some point.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: