The Doctor In The TARDIS
April 18, 2024, 10:41:53 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Follow our Facebook group, or check out the Doctor Who News site by hitting the links below

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Missing Episode Discussion

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Missing Episode Discussion  (Read 5934 times)
Nyki
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Jon Pertwee
Favourite Companion: Leela

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Third year Anniversary 5000 Posts Second year Anniversary
« Reply #180 on: September 01, 2013, 03:47:41 pm »

OK, I've finally had the chance to read through this entire thread (and I'd point out that claims of people being "missing" were after only about two days - people have reasons to pop in and out here).

First, I'd like to thank TRH for all the posts - whether the information turns out to be true or false, it's been interesting to read, especially all the stuff about the distribution of the stories.  Obviously, I don't know TRH's source, and I don't know enough about the process of recovering stories to be able to assess the probability of this being true, so I can't actually say I believe the information given.

On the other hand, I don't find it implausible.  If this kind of worldwide search has been going on, a great deal might be turning up, and it's certainly believable that no announcements would be made while negotiations are ongoing.  I also think it adds credibility that TRH is making varied claims for different rumours, all the way from fact to suggestions he's sceptical about.  The claim about MP/EOTW/WOF does seem to be coming from a lot of different sources, so I'm cautiously optimistic about that.  The claims about lots of episodes being found - it's not impossible, but I'll believe that when I see it.

Overall, I think, I take the same position as Saber, as I said much earlier in this thread - that it's emotionally safer to be sceptical and get a lovely surprise if it's all true, but that certainly doesn't mean I actually believe it's untrue.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: