The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 28, 2024, 04:25:04 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join The Infinite Quest - This Week's Story: Black Orchid

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Missing Episode Discussion

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Missing Episode Discussion  (Read 5886 times)
Peri-Peri
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Doctor: Five
Favourite Companion: Peri

Circular logic will only make you dizzy, Doctor

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« on: March 04, 2012, 09:28:24 pm »

That's potentially very interesting and exciting. I have lots of thoughts on it, I'll start with the negative.

1. It's unsourced, which makes it more dubious as it could have been made up by any random fan, though that can be said of any source that isn't official.
2. It doesn't specifically say missing episodes (though obviously I can see why the thought was come to because of the number)

On the other hand though, who cares about the negatives? This is far too exciting to overlook. It may very well be nonsense but it's exciting to think we might soon have a 'significantly lower' number of missing episodes. Those are the two words that are most exciting.

The guy who found the last two episodes in his collection only found them by accident and didn't even know they were missing from the archives. In one of his interviews he said he had over a thousand tape reels and didn't know what was in a lot of them. Who's to say he doesn't have another 2. Or 5. Or 50? Even one would be brilliant, but if he's had a proper sort through and turned up a shedload then I can understand why they would hold off for a big announcement or something. I'm off on a proper tangent now, but if he hypothetically did have more hanging around then perhaps the two that we now know about were the only solo/orphan episodes he had and the others make up partially or complete stories. You never know, this time next year we may be watching an entire Daleks Master Plan or Tenth Planet or something. Perhaps that Ice Warriors release that's scheduled isn't being animated after all?

I'm aware this may not even have anything to do with missing serials, or could be false even if it is, but I can't help getting really excited at the thought.
Report Spam   Logged

It eats you, starting with your bottom

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: