The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 29, 2024, 08:01:30 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Vote in for the NuWho Episode Tournament in The Greatest Show In The Galaxy

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Missing Episode Discussion

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Missing Episode Discussion  (Read 5903 times)
Oh-Wise-One
Faithful Companion

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Super Poster 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #160 on: August 30, 2013, 09:32:39 am »

I read his reasons, believe me, and all they made me think is that somewhere like this is easier to get away with it than somewhere like Outpast Skaro or Gallifrey Base, where they would probably laugh him out of the thread. If you are going to try pull a hoax, do it where you are less likely to get it torn to shreds so that it can last longer.

And you're right. Spoilers leak and if this is true then no doubt it would leak, too. But why him, why here and why now? Why should we believe he has done anything more than reading other peoples posts and repost them as his own information? Even if this rumour is all true and we will all be sitting down to enjoy Marco Polo in six months time, he hasn't given us a shred of evidence that he even has a 'source', let alone that what this supposed source is saying is actually true.

Seriously, wake up! Stop being stupid and see this for what it is. A wind up!
Report Spam   Logged
Peri-Peri
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Doctor: Five
Favourite Companion: Peri

Circular logic will only make you dizzy, Doctor

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #161 on: August 30, 2013, 09:33:58 am »

Guys, debate the claims as much as you like and by all means share your thoughts on whether you believe it, but if you don't keep it civil and stop with the personal remarks I'm going to lock the thread. I won't say it again
Report Spam   Logged

It eats you, starting with your bottom

Aneurin
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: River

Formally River Song

View Profile
Level 6 Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #162 on: August 30, 2013, 09:42:36 am »

And if we follow your example then he is in a position where he can't win. Let's say for example what he is saying is right, then surely you could understand why he is being shady about who is passing on the information. So instead, you want proof that he has a source in the first place. How the hell is he supposed to do that? He can't put a name, picture, job role or anything else, so how exactly does he prove it? Perhaps he could get his source to reveal something not currently known, but then all you would do is accuse him of making it up. No matter what he says you will call him a liar and if what he is saying does turn out to be true, as your previous posts suggest you are just going to say that he has copied it from somewhere else and still he can't win. So if you are unmovable and nothing he can do will convince you, then why are you even bothered either way?
Report Spam   Logged

Aneurin
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Formally River Song

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 30, 2013, 09:42:45 am »

Sorry PP.
Report Spam   Logged

Oh-Wise-One
Faithful Companion

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 30, 2013, 09:48:53 am »

It's not a case of not being able to win. There is nothing to win. I just like some hard facts with my rumours and this guy has given us none. You think stuff like this is new? The Blackpool Hoaxer, The Rogue Cyberman, The Private Collector, all well known stories that have done the rounds over the last ten years, plus countless others, who have made this **** up just for kicks or notoriety. People do it. It's not nice, but they do anyway. Jeez, in the 1990's the BBC got so taken in with one guy's lies they even got Michael Craze in to record and introduction to The Tenth Planet in anticipation of it finally being complete with the return of episode 4. It was all a big hoax and even the BBC fell for it, so someone trying to pull something on a forum like this isn't so hard to believe is it? I'd wager that it is a lot more plausible than some guy claiming his friend has been sitting down watching episodes of a show lost for 45 years!!
Report Spam   Logged
Aneurin
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Formally River Song

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: August 30, 2013, 09:55:09 am »

But you've said yourself, this is a tiny, tiny section of fandom and there are places that have thousands more active members than we do, so why here? Why bother. Who the hell is going to notice. You think this guy is sitting behind his computer screen somewhere, rubbing his hands together and laughing maniacally because he's made a handful of people believe something or argue about it? What's the point? Now what? What is achieved? He's not making any money, nobody has any idea who he is and so there is no glory involved and there are only two of us currently debating it. It's hardly the London riots. So what's the achievement? If he wants fights, go somewhere where it's more likely to happen. If he wants glory, go somewhere where more poeple will actually be listening. If it is all just a lie for the sake of it then it's the most pointless one we've ever had around here. I am in no doubt whatsoever that what he is saying could be totally wrong, but based on his actions so far I would at least assume that it is because he has been misinformed rather than he woke up one day and decided to go onto a website with a handful of regular members hoping to blow something up. Doesn't sound likely to me.
Report Spam   Logged

Oh-Wise-One
Faithful Companion

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 30, 2013, 10:05:48 am »

People who want to take the ****, cause arguments, tell lies, don't always need a reason. Sometimes they just do it. Stop being so naïve! You don't have to have a reason to be a troublemaker, some people just enjoy it. Ever heard of the Yoko Factor? Where is he now? Why isn't he here defending his stance? He comes, stirs the pot and now the debate is going on and he is nowhere to be seen. I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out he is lurking, reading and laughing along that we have taken this so seriously, either in belief or disbelief, that this has descended to trading blows.

Look, I am being intensely sceptical here and seeing the worst case scenario, and there is every chance that he is being honest or passing on information that is wrong, etc. but I think that the more likely thing going on here is that he is at the very least pulling information from around the net and posting it here as his own. I won't try to work out his reasoning, but just like he 'believes' that these stories are coming back, I 'believe' that he isn't being entirely honest with us here, and probably other people elsewhere. And so you are right, he can probably do nothing to convince me
Report Spam   Logged
Aneurin
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Formally River Song

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 30, 2013, 10:11:40 am »

The Yoko Factor? Seriously? All due respect, but that is a bit dramatic, don't you think? Most of the people on this forum haven't even posted in here, let alone been taken in by it and started arguing about it so much that the forum has to be disbanded. I find that a very odd statement to make. I've no doubt that people have read it all. This conversation alone is probably causing people to get the popcorn out, but hardly anyone is actually posting or taking much interest. If this guy is right then everyone gets something cool out of it, and if he is telling a pack of lies do you really expect there to be a huge fallout from it? People will keep on posting whatever they post and the forum will carry on as it ever dead. Tomorrow's chip paper and all that!
Report Spam   Logged

Oh-Wise-One
Faithful Companion

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 30, 2013, 10:12:17 am »

It may be dramatic, but it doesn't make it any less true!
Report Spam   Logged
Aneurin
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Formally River Song

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 30, 2013, 10:13:00 am »

It may be dramatic, but it doesn't make it any less true!

And would you accept that as a response from The Rutan Host?
Report Spam   Logged

Oh-Wise-One
Faithful Companion

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 30, 2013, 10:14:20 am »

Touché!

But no, I wouldn't. Because the fact of the matter is that, as sad as it is, he is more likely to be lying than we are to be watching 90+ missing episodes of Doctor Who this time next year.
Report Spam   Logged
Aneurin
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Formally River Song

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 30, 2013, 10:18:01 am »

Again, you are twisted the facts of the thread. At no point has he said that there is 90+ episodes coming our way. In fact he has stated over and over again that he doesn't know this information despite the fact that it is being claimed as fact elsewhere around the internet. If he is trying to go around forums and blogs and twitter and wherever else, hoovering up information to pass off as his own, why wouldn't he then state that as a fact also? Why just pinpoint one tiny aspect of a much larger rumour and say this bit is definitely true but the rest could be lies? If he wants to get everyone into a tizz then why not say 'OMG guys, 90 episodes have been found. FACT!'. I'm sure that would have stirred up more debate than what he has actually claimed.
Report Spam   Logged

Oh-Wise-One
Faithful Companion

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 30, 2013, 10:22:57 am »

You're asking me to provide the intentions of someone who isn't me, which you know I cannot do. I don't know why people do the things they do and what sort of kick they get out of them, but that doesn't change the fact that it happens. You are defending this guy as though we are in court and yet you have no basis to do so and he has said nothing (publicly, at least) that provides you with any more proof than what I have read, too, and yet you fail to see that.
Report Spam   Logged
Aneurin
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Formally River Song

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 30, 2013, 10:27:14 am »

You keep saying that, but it's just not the case. I'm not blindly defending him. In fact, I haven't once said that I totally believe him and he is definitely telling the truth. I am just open to the fact that he could be, and you are not. That is the only fact here and you are being a lot more forceful with your opinion than he has ever been. You call me stupid and blind and unable to see the truth because I don't agree with you 100%. You are saying 'HE IS LYING, DON'T YOU SEE!!!' and I am saying that perhaps he is, perhaps he isn't, but until we know we should treat him with respect. You have stated your point and I take it on board, but yet you need to keep reiterating it! Why?
Report Spam   Logged

The Rutan Host
Easily Exterminated

View Profile
50 Posts Topic Starter Level 2
« Reply #174 on: August 30, 2013, 10:35:42 am »

I can assure you that while I have read everything posted so far, I have not been watching and laughing and rubbing my hands in glee at this debate.

When I first posted I stated that I fully expected people to say I was talking crap, so I am not going to get wound up because someone has come out and said it. I can't expect, and don't really care either, if the whole forum believes me. The reason behind me sharing it isn't because I want glory and it's not because I want trouble. It's because I love the show and I want to discuss it. I have been lucky enough to come into information that I find awesome and exciting and I want to be able to chat about it to people who will also be excited about it. I didn't come here and state it as a fact and then sit back and watch everyone go at it. I joined in with discussions, answered questions that were asked of me, was honest about what I don't know or have little knowledge of and generally enjoyed the discussion.

I have been told something awesome and I believe it without question. I am relaying the information as it has been given to me and I can't be more honest than that. I truly have been told this. If I have been lied to then I am the only one who will be posting in this thread with egg on my face, but I am so sure that my person is telling me the truth that I am confident there will be no egg on face, just a load of happy fans and a wealth of cool discussions and debates and topics. What's the harm in that? I don't want to dupe, just share what I know and believe to be true and be as excited about it as any other fan. I know being the one to say it puts me in the firing line and you won't ever hear me gloat down the line when I am proved right. My intentions are decent, I assure you. I don't know what else I can say to prove that to you, even if you don't believe the actual content of my posts.
Report Spam   Logged
Oh-Wise-One
Faithful Companion

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 30, 2013, 10:39:36 am »

You talk about respect, but I honestly don't think I have been disrespectful to him. Ok, calling him a liar isn't the most friendly thing I could do, but my belief is that he is lying and I can't relay that to you if I don't say as much. That is my opinion. I can be perfectly civil about it, which I think I have been, and still make my claim that all of this is rubbish.
Report Spam   Logged
Aneurin
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Formally River Song

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 30, 2013, 10:40:54 am »

So do you believe there is any truth to this rumour at all? Taking his claims out of it, do you believe that there could be some truth to it?
Report Spam   Logged

Oh-Wise-One
Faithful Companion

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 30, 2013, 10:50:41 am »

I can assure you that while I have read everything posted so far, I have not been watching and laughing and rubbing my hands in glee at this debate.

When I first posted I stated that I fully expected people to say I was talking crap, so I am not going to get wound up because someone has come out and said it. I can't expect, and don't really care either, if the whole forum believes me. The reason behind me sharing it isn't because I want glory and it's not because I want trouble. It's because I love the show and I want to discuss it. I have been lucky enough to come into information that I find awesome and exciting and I want to be able to chat about it to people who will also be excited about it. I didn't come here and state it as a fact and then sit back and watch everyone go at it. I joined in with discussions, answered questions that were asked of me, was honest about what I don't know or have little knowledge of and generally enjoyed the discussion.

I have been told something awesome and I believe it without question. I am relaying the information as it has been given to me and I can't be more honest than that. I truly have been told this. If I have been lied to then I am the only one who will be posting in this thread with egg on my face, but I am so sure that my person is telling me the truth that I am confident there will be no egg on face, just a load of happy fans and a wealth of cool discussions and debates and topics. What's the harm in that? I don't want to dupe, just share what I know and believe to be true and be as excited about it as any other fan. I know being the one to say it puts me in the firing line and you won't ever hear me gloat down the line when I am proved right. My intentions are decent, I assure you. I don't know what else I can say to prove that to you, even if you don't believe the actual content of my posts.

There is absolutely no harm in discussing this, and if indeed all you want is a place to chat about it, assuming you really do have insider information, why not just be happy you have the information and then discuss it here like it's still speculation with everyone else. You probably would have had more chats about it then. You may have noticed that since you placed your claims the number of people posting in this thread has dwindled down to you and two or three others. Where are all the regulars like PRG or The Doc or Nyki or PP or anyone else who would normally take an interest in the speculation here? My assumption is that they'd all rather not be brought into a debate they too likely think is a load of bull. I can't speak on their behalf of course, but it's interesting that people who post here a lot are suddenly avoiding a thread that is one of the most active.
Report Spam   Logged
Oh-Wise-One
Faithful Companion

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 30, 2013, 10:52:22 am »

So do you believe there is any truth to this rumour at all? Taking his claims out of it, do you believe that there could be some truth to it?

Is it possible? Of course. Is it likely? No. But what are you trying to prove? If I say yes I think there could be truth to it is still doesn't change the fact that I think The Rutan Host is piggybacking on it and not providing information from a 'source'.
Report Spam   Logged
Aneurin
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Formally River Song

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 30, 2013, 10:56:13 am »

Where are all the regulars like PRG or The Doc or Nyki or PP or anyone else who would normally take an interest in the speculation here? My assumption is that they'd all rather not be brought into a debate they too likely think is a load of bull. I can't speak on their behalf of course....

And yet you have!!

Maybe they haven't read it, maybe they don't care, maybe they'd rather stay out, maybe it's none of your business. Why focus on who isn't posting here when there is enough people who have posted here to take hits at and quote. Why does it matter if 50 people or just one person believes it. He wanted conversation and to share his information and he has just done that. As well as telling him that he is a liar, you are also saying how he should go about his posts!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: