The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 29, 2024, 06:37:01 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Celebrate 50 years of Doctor Who with us in our Top Ten Of Everything section

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Missing Episode Discussion

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Missing Episode Discussion  (Read 5900 times)
The Rutan Host
Easily Exterminated

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
50 Posts Topic Starter Level 2
« Reply #140 on: August 29, 2013, 05:18:34 pm »

Possibly.

A copy of the story was sent to Australia that didn't include episode 7, in the hope that they would buy and air it. They didn't, but there is no records about what happened to that copy. If it wasn't junked and is still in Oz, then there is every chance it could be recovered by whoever is doing the search effort, assuming it is going to Australia. If it came back to the UK, which is a possibility, then probably it is gone. But who knows, after ABC said no, perhaps the BBC asked them to pass it elsewhere for someone else to try out. If it exists, it could be anywhere. The paper trail for it though, dies in Oz.
Report Spam   Logged
Exterminate
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Do Not Blaspheme!

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #141 on: August 29, 2013, 05:24:28 pm »

I find all this so interesting. Annoying, but interesting. I live in hope.

Still can't get over the Blue Peter thing though Cry
Report Spam   Logged

Exterminate
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Do Not Blaspheme!

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 29, 2013, 05:27:23 pm »

Going back to your 'probability' comment, aside from the fact you say you are certain Marco Polo is back, the idea of three copies of it being found, as is rumoured upthread, seems a bit more likely in a big physical search, don't you think?
Report Spam   Logged

The Rutan Host
Easily Exterminated

View Profile
50 Posts Topic Starter Level 2
« Reply #143 on: August 29, 2013, 05:29:10 pm »

Yes, I suppose it does. Well, more possible but perhaps not more probably. I'm not sure the maths of it. I'm not that good at working out probabilities.

But we only need one, and luckily we now have it. Just you wait and see Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Exterminate
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Do Not Blaspheme!

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 29, 2013, 05:29:30 pm »

I will, don't you worry Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

Aneurin
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: River

Formally River Song

View Profile
Level 6 Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #145 on: August 29, 2013, 07:46:46 pm »

I sat just now, lurking and reading for nearly an hour. I like to do that so I can get right to posting when I sign in instead of looking ignorant and not talking. I can't believe just how this thread has gone boom. There may not be lots and lots of posters, but the information in it is awesome! Some of the information regarding junkings and findings is so interesting, but the thing I am most interested in is the episodes.

If they are coming back, pleeeeeease can you give us some sort of info on how long we will be waiting? I know you've given your own idea, but is there anything at all that you can pull from your source? Anything? Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Exterminate
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Do Not Blaspheme!

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 29, 2013, 07:53:01 pm »

Haha, way to look desperate dude Tongue

I can't see it happening, despite all the things he seems certain on, release dates is where he has been saying he has no clue. Worth a try though Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Oh-Wise-One
Faithful Companion

View Profile
Super Poster 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #147 on: August 29, 2013, 10:20:38 pm »

Well nobody else is saying it, so I will....

Pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffftttt!!!

I'm sorry, I don't know you, The Rutan Host, but I find this as hard to swallow as a Gatiss script!

I don't know your angle, if you have one at all, but I don't believe this for a second and you've shown me nothing to believe that what you are saying is right. I could come on here saying I have a source who I trust who has confirmed that the next Doctor will be played by Barbara Windsor, and who is to say I'm not being honest, but likewise who is to say I'm not making it up for kicks.

While you are convincing everyone that you believe wholeheartedly in your source and so we should believe what he/she is telling you, there is no guarantee that this source even exists in the first place.

My brother is a member of the restoration team who at this very moment is working on taking the scratches out of Tenth Planet 4 so that it can be put on sale in February for the whole world to see. I trust him because he told me he has seen it and because he is my brother and would never lie to me. You don't have to believe me, but I know it's true and you will all see in February when you go out an buy it. He's also told me that all four episodes of the Myth Makers are back too, and he would know because it's part of his job. You'll see!!

Except, as realistic as that story might be, I made it all up. Why? To prove a point. But I could have also come on here six months ago and said it for kicks. Not because I'm a prick, but because I'd think it was funny or because I think it would get me some online kudos or whatever.

What makes you any different? Why should I believe you?
Report Spam   Logged
Aneurin
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Formally River Song

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 30, 2013, 08:29:05 am »

Honestly, why do you always have to be so obnoxious with your posts? You can say what you want to say without bringing the whole thread down!
Report Spam   Logged

Oh-Wise-One
Faithful Companion

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 30, 2013, 08:46:48 am »

Always obnoxious? Oh, of course!

I'm sorry, but someone comes here proclaiming to have insider information and everyone is just jumping on board because he says he has a source!! It's ridiculous. As happy and fluffy as you want the world to be, people do just lie for the sake of it and there is nothing in these posts to tell me that this guy isn't doing just that!

If me pointing that out is bringing the thread down then you're obviously willing to believe anything that's written without question.
Report Spam   Logged
Aneurin
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Formally River Song

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: August 30, 2013, 09:00:08 am »

Well when it comes to logic, your leaps are impressive!

Your negativity is what brings the thread down, not your opposition. And how me pointing that out means I will believe anything is beyond me!! Even your reply to me was obnoxious. I'm certain that you are perfectly capable of coming on here and saying 'I don't believe this and this is why' without all the aggression and condescension in your tone.

I do understand your point, but why not just be polite about it? You don't believe him, fine, but what more can he do? The reason we aren't all jumping on him in the same way isn't because we are all gullible, but because he could be telling the truth. It could all be bollocks but until we know it's not hard to show some respect. Why not reserve your aggression until he has proved himself wrong, if indeed he is!
Report Spam   Logged

Oh-Wise-One
Faithful Companion

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 30, 2013, 09:08:19 am »

Erm, maybe he could give us some proof. That'd be a good start, don't you think?

Why are you so blind?! What exactly has he said here that is new information? You go back a few pages before he began posting and look at the updates that Exterminate posted about all of the rumours doing the rounds. He spends god knows however long putting things together from all over the web, posting them here and saying 'these are all the current rumours', even goes as far as to say which one is more prominent than the other and then suddenly we have some guy coming in, posting the 'popular' stuff from that post and he gets everyone's attention by saying 'FACT!'. And even if he didn't see it first here, these are legitimate rumours doing the rounds so who is to say he hasn't just read them elsewhere and then posted them here to get a bit of glory out of it!

Why is this not obvious to you!!! Are you blind?
Report Spam   Logged
Aneurin
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Formally River Song

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 30, 2013, 09:10:27 am »

And there you go again. No, not blind. But unlike some, not stupid either.

You think everyone here is so excited by this prospect that they aren't even stopping to doubt it's possibility? Really?
Report Spam   Logged

Oh-Wise-One
Faithful Companion

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 30, 2013, 09:11:16 am »

Yes. I think that's exactly what is happening. People want to believe stuff so bad they get stupid over it!
Report Spam   Logged
Aneurin
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Formally River Song

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 30, 2013, 09:12:04 am »

So now I'm stupid because I think there is a possible truth in this rumour?
Report Spam   Logged

Oh-Wise-One
Faithful Companion

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 30, 2013, 09:13:54 am »

That's not what I said. But someone who thinks it's only a possibility also doesn't say:

pleeeeeease can you give us some sort of info on how long we will be waiting?

Doesn't sound like your holding on to the fence to me.
Report Spam   Logged
Peri-Peri
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Doctor: Five
Favourite Companion: Peri

Circular logic will only make you dizzy, Doctor

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #156 on: August 30, 2013, 09:14:42 am »

Wrap it up guys!
Report Spam   Logged

It eats you, starting with your bottom

Aneurin
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Formally River Song

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 30, 2013, 09:18:11 am »

Randomly selecting one line from a larger post that I made is hardly conclusive evidence that I am stupidly believing anything that is told to me. The five words directly before that quote, which you decided to leave out, is where I said 'if they are coming back...'. If. IF! Why should I treat this with any less credibility than someone coming in here and saying John Hurt will be in the S7 finale? Leaks happen and IF this is true, why couldn't something from it also leak?
Report Spam   Logged

Oh-Wise-One
Faithful Companion

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 30, 2013, 09:20:36 am »

And it doesn't seem odd to you that someone would come here to make that announcement? There are forums out there for Doctor Who with 50,000+ members and you think someone will come here to make an announcement, not that they've heard a rumour, but that they have actual first hand evidence! Someone with that level of spoiler comes to this tiny corner of fandom with a handful of posters to share something that if true would be the biggest thing to hit Doctor Who in years. Does that sound likely to you?
Report Spam   Logged
Aneurin
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Formally River Song

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 30, 2013, 09:24:37 am »

People have posted spoilers here before that have broke before they have broken elsewhere. It happens. Perhaps not on a scale like this but it isn't outside the realm of possibility, is it. And if you weren't so selective about what you choose to read then you'd have read his reasons for posting here when he first started. He also stated that he isn't only posting here, but elsewhere.

I'm very aware that this could all be bollocks, but until it is proven to me that it is indeed bollocks then I will talk to him with respect and try to find out what he knows and if it adds up. It's not stupidity, it's courtesy!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: