The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 28, 2024, 10:25:40 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join The Infinite Quest - This Week's Story: Black Orchid

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Lost In Time

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lost In Time  (Read 189 times)
Tardis-Console
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Amy

Say it. Everybody does!

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Third year Anniversary Search Second year Anniversary
« on: February 08, 2012, 03:56:00 pm »

I have decided I want to invest. Is it worth it though? I haven't listened to many of the off air recordings and while I know that these are stand alone episodes, will there be much point in watching if I don't know whats going on? I know for example that there are three episodes of Daleks Master Plan, but thats a 12 episode story. Is there anything on there that is going to explain what I have missed so far, or would I have to look it all up online. I love the old black and white stories which is why I am feeling that I should get it, just so I can see more, but the cheapest I can find is €28 and that's a lot of money to spend if it's just a load of random bits and bobs stuck together on a DVD. I'm not expecting full stories, obviously, but I would want more than just a random episode of a story, stood alone with no sort of explanation or information with it, if you know what I mean.

Also, why aren't all the episodes on there that the BBC have? In the description I think it said there was about 16 or so episodes, but there are more than that in the archives, aren't there? I know the two they found before Christmas won't be on there, but surely all the others should, no?

Anyway, I have no problem spending the money but I sort of feel like I need convincing, so if anyone could give me more information about the set I would be grateful Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

My Series 6 Ratings (so far):
TIA 10/10 | DOTM 10/10 | COTBS 8/10 | TDW 10/10 | TRF 9/10 | TAP 10/10 | AGMGTW 10/10 | LKH 8/10 | NT 4/10 | TGWW 10/10
Tardis-Console
Timelord

Say it. Everybody does!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 03:56:36 pm »

Also, I put this in the classic section rather than the DVD section, but feel free to move it if you think it belongs elsewhere Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

TIA 10/10 | DOTM 10/10 | COTBS 8/10 | TDW 10/10 | TRF 9/10 | TAP 10/10 | AGMGTW 10/10 | LKH 8/10 | NT 4/10 | TGWW 10/10
Exterminate
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Do Not Blaspheme!

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 07:30:24 pm »

Its a good set and it's good to see bits of the lost stories, but I would say it's only really for the fan who wants to see all the available episodes. They are good to see, but there is very little on there in terms of linking the serial episodes together. There is something by William Russell for The Crusade episodes but off the top of my head I think thats it. I got mine for £9 about 2 years ago so it was a bargain. The episodes are good to watch and you can fill in the blanks with online story guides if you really want to. There is also a cool documentary on the last disc, but not much else in the way of extras other than commentaries. The big decider, I guess, is how much you want to see the episodes.
Report Spam   Logged

Nyki
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Jon Pertwee
Favourite Companion: Leela

View Profile
Third year Anniversary 5000 Posts Second year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 10:07:27 pm »

Yes, I'd agree it's for the dedicated 60s-era fan (like me - I love it).  Two of the stories, The Crusade and The Moonbase, are filled out with audio versions of the missing episodes, but the rest you have to find out from elsewhere how the episodes fit in.

The episodes they've included here are mainly the genuinely orphaned ones, not including the missing episodes from stories like The Reign of Terror, The Tenth Planet and The Ice Warriors (and The Invasion, of course) which will hopefully be released with animated replacements.
Report Spam   Logged

Tardis-Console
Timelord

Say it. Everybody does!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 04:13:09 pm »

I read this week that the Ice Warriors is being released this year, so I don't mind that not being on there. I know the Crusade is due, too. Or is it The Reign Of Terror? One of those two. It would be nice to see the others though.

Oh well. I've just ordered it. I just hope I like it enough when I get it.
Report Spam   Logged

Nyki
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Jon Pertwee
Favourite Companion: Leela

View Profile
Third year Anniversary 5000 Posts Second year Anniversary
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 12:15:38 am »

The Reign of Terror's definitely due, but I haven't heard anything about The Crusade.  Good to hear about The Ice Warriors.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: