The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 28, 2024, 03:20:49 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Vote in for the NuWho Episode Tournament in The Greatest Show In The Galaxy

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

OMG they just mentioned Doctor Who!!!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OMG they just mentioned Doctor Who!!!  (Read 3614 times)
poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: The Ponds

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2010, 10:02:19 am »

These are all excellent guys - keep them coming  Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

"He is ever after only one thing: power. And also helmets with horns ... he's really into those."
Sandiwich11
Faithful Companion
Favourite Companion: The Brig

View Profile WWW
Level 5 Third year Anniversary Windows User
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2010, 02:28:40 pm »

As I have no broadband atm I'm watching some stuff I have on the hard drive to see me through the cold evenings.  I went back to Leveridge last night (kinda like a poor mans Hustle, but with sexy lawyer from Angel, whose name I forget, in).  One of the team was complaining how slow the internet service was at the place they were staking out and he said that it took him over an hour to download the latest Doctor Who ep.  Made me smile Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Companion: Donna Noble

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
Third year Anniversary Level 6 Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2010, 02:31:16 pm »

I was watching an rerun of Extras the other day and though they didnt mention DW, they did have a Dalek model in the office they were in
Report Spam   Logged

Now and then, every once in a very long while, every day in a million days, when the wind stands fair and The Doctor comes to call, everybody lives.

poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2010, 02:32:14 pm »

Still counts Doc - good spot  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

"He is ever after only one thing: power. And also helmets with horns ... he's really into those."
professoryard
Hatchling

View Profile WWW
Poll Voter Level 3 Webmaster
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2010, 09:41:11 pm »

In the show "Better off Ted" theres a Dalek in the warehouse:

Ah the criminally cancelled Better Off Ted - utter brilliance

As for Who references in shows:

In the Knight Rider remake Halloween episode, Billy dresses as Captain Jack (technically he refers to Torchwood but close enough!)
Doctor Where on Maths Trail
Lots of comedy sketches - the Spike Milligan Dalek one, Dr Eyes from End of Part One, The Lenny Henry one, the Real McCoy cybermen one, probably 20% of John Culshaw's output(!) and I think Dr Emu from Emu's Broadcasting Company
Report Spam   Logged

Somebody else wrote this then ran away...
The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2010, 10:06:37 pm »

Andrew mentioned Doctor Who on one of the Buffy episodes I watched last week. Cant remember which one of the top of my head though
Report Spam   Logged

Now and then, every once in a very long while, every day in a million days, when the wind stands fair and The Doctor comes to call, everybody lives.

thefifthdoctor
Faithful Companion
Favourite Doctor: Fifth
Favourite Companion: Peri

View Profile
Poll Starter Poll Voter Level 4
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2010, 09:49:41 am »

Slight hijack, but Leverage is a great show.
I wouldn't call it a poor man's Hustle, but that's maybe cos I've never watched Hustle - other than Napoleon Solo I didn't like the cast.

PS @Sigryn - it's Christian Kane aka Lindsey "evil hand" McDonald - guy is a legend.
Report Spam   Logged

poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2010, 10:16:06 am »

In the Knight Rider remake Halloween episode, Billy dresses as Captain Jack (technically he refers to Torchwood but close enough!)

Yeah Torchwood is more than close enough, but as Capt Jack has frequently been in DW too it's a double win  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

PandoricaPond
RP Moderator
Tin Dog
Favourite Doctor: Ten/Eleven
Favourite Companion: Amy Pond

View Profile WWW
Windows User Poll Voter Level 3
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2010, 12:51:05 pm »

Andrew mentioned Doctor Who on one of the Buffy episodes I watched last week. Cant remember which one of the top of my head though

It was season 6. When Spike found out he could hurt Buffy. Andrew, Jonathan and Spike were waiting for the results on Spikes chip. Andrew was trying, and failing, to make small talk. He aslo references Red Dwarf. Two of my fave shows mentioned in one scene. I was in heaven lol. Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

#Doctor: Amy was frightened. I was frightened. But we survived, you know, and the relief of it... And so she kissed me. #Rory: And you kissed her back. #Doctor: No, I kissed her mouth. #Rory: Funny.

#Companions; DOCTOR!!!

#Doctor: RUN!!!

#Doctor: Bowties are cool.

#Doctor: Fezzes are cool
Sandiwich11
Faithful Companion
Favourite Companion: The Brig

View Profile WWW
Level 5 Third year Anniversary Windows User
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2010, 05:42:18 pm »

Slight hijack, but Leverage is a great show.
I wouldn't call it a poor man's Hustle, but that's maybe cos I've never watched Hustle - other than Napoleon Solo I didn't like the cast.

PS @Sigryn - it's Christian Kane aka Lindsey "evil hand" McDonald - guy is a legend.

That's it, I have a crap memory for names I'm afraid, lol.

There was another Who mention in the episode I watched this afternoon, when looking through his fake ID cards that he had on him the lead actor said the ones he had were Peter Davison, Sylvester McCoy or Tom Baker  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2010, 10:50:00 pm »

This one is slightly more random (but I started the thread so I can tweak the rules  Tongue ) - this is from a concert though it has had a TV broadcast.

In her Showgirl Homecoming Tour late 06/early 07 Kylie Minogue had this section:

Act 7: Dance of the Cybermen
"Space Prequel" (Instrumental Interlude)
"Can't Get You Out of My Head" (contains excerpts from "Rise of the Cybermen" along with elements of the "Doctor Who Theme")
"Light Years"(contains excerpts from "Turn It Into Love" along with elements of the TARDIS dematerializing)

The dancers costumes were styled after the Cybermen (though mainly the headwear). I found these 2 vids - one for each song if you want to check it out (don't feel you have to - I know Kylie is not to everyone's taste!)

Love that she showed love for DW even before she appeared in the show.
Report Spam   Logged

The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2010, 11:04:46 pm »

Well that was the reason she got the gig. Her tour manager (or someone like that) is DW obsessed, and joked to RTD about getting her a part, and it went from there
Report Spam   Logged

poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2010, 11:08:53 pm »

Yeah Will Baker I believe - he was her stylist but he does a bit of everything these days.
Report Spam   Logged

Mind_Robber
TARDIS Traveller

View Profile WWW
Poll Voter Level 4 Webmaster
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2010, 02:16:57 pm »

Love the TARDIS dematerialization sound effect at the beginning of the second video
Report Spam   Logged

There's one thing you never put in a trap. If you're smart, if you value your continued existence, if you have any plans about seeing tomorrow, there's one thing you never, ever put in a trap... me!
poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2010, 02:54:56 pm »

Love the TARDIS dematerialization sound effect at the beginning of the second video

Me too - I have the album of this concert & it sounds fab through my MP3 headphones. Makes me smile every time - even if I'm walking down the street. People round here may think I'm mad!!! Which I am so ...
Report Spam   Logged

The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2010, 11:07:15 pm »

Just watching Phone Shop and the episode is called Doctor Who, but I have a feeling this one was mentioned already
Report Spam   Logged

poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2010, 10:09:10 am »

I don't remember seeing it mentioned before, but even it was it doesn't matter - bound to happen as the thread gets longer  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Iceman
Global Moderator
Faithful Companion
Favourite Doctor: The Doctor
Favourite Companion: Captain Jack Harkness

Hey, it's me!

View Profile WWW
Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2010, 07:13:58 pm »

In the most recent episode of Family Guy, there was another DW reference.

Peter wanted to bring his owl to his in-laws. Lois said no. He asked his mother-in-law if they could have accommodated an owl she said yes. Peter says to Lois:

"You owe Doctor Hoo an apology!"

Lol
Report Spam   Logged

Twitter: http://twitter.com/Iceman525

What a bunch of a-holes.
poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2011, 02:46:07 pm »

Just watched the episode of The Big Bang Theory that was broadcast in the UK last night (The Justice League Recombination) and spotted comic book store owner Stewart's costume at the New Year's Eve Party. No mention was made of the show or the character but I think it was quite clear who he is meant to be  Smiley

Report Spam   Logged

Nyki
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Jon Pertwee
Favourite Companion: Leela

View Profile
Third year Anniversary 5000 Posts Second year Anniversary
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2011, 03:22:05 pm »

It was season 6. When Spike found out he could hurt Buffy. Andrew, Jonathan and Spike were waiting for the results on Spikes chip. Andrew was trying, and failing, to make small talk. He aslo references Red Dwarf. Two of my fave shows mentioned in one scene. I was in heaven lol. Tongue

He wasn't sufficiently geeky about it, though.  He claimed to have seen every episode which, unfortunately, he couldn't have.

Incidently, there was a reference in the article to both shows having a planet Vulcan.  At one time (I think off the top of my head it was late 19th or early 20th century) there was believed to be a planet inside the orbit of Mercury that was given the name Vulcan.  It was seen a few times, then disappeared, so maybe it was an asteroid being pulled into the sun, or something.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: