The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 29, 2024, 04:21:40 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out all the spoilers from Series 7 in our dedicated spoiler section

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Poll: Rate & Review The Two Doctors

Poll
Question: Rate the story
5/5 - Absolutely amazing - 2 (20%)
4/5 - Really Good - 6 (60%)
3/5 - Not bad, not great - 2 (20%)
2/5 - Not impressed - 0 (0%)
1/5 - Shockingly bad - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 10

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Poll: Rate & Review The Two Doctors  (Read 171 times)
thebunnyinthetardis
Easily Exterminated
Favourite Doctor: David Tennant & Pat Troughton
Favourite Companion: Donna, Jamie & Zoe

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
50 Posts Poll Voter Level 2
« on: April 15, 2012, 07:27:04 am »

I watched The Two Doctors not that long ago and really enjoyed it over all.  Colin Baker is fantastic in this one--even when the script goes wonky (it gets a little preachy against those of us who aren't vegetarian), he's really quite amazing.  A very fine actor and a fine Doctor who got short changed in the role both because of poor scripts and BBC politics.  In fact, this particular story was one of those that really won me over as a Six fan.  As for Two, well, I simply adore Pat (the scenes with Two and Shockeye are hysterical--if farfetched) though I've always wondered why they didn't wash the grey out of his (Pat's) hair for this...  Jamie is always a bonus and I love the scene when Six finds him.  Well played by both.

There are some odd bits and some odd, out of character dialogue--Two's harsh response to Jamie's Scot's dialect bothers me, for instance.  The death scene seemed unnecessary and worse is the way Two and Six "get over it" and just lark off.  The Second Doctor's transformation is pretty lame, but Pat is so convincing I find I can just go with it.  Then, when Colin's Doctor begins to feel the repercussions (and even cats look tasty) is pretty entertaining.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: