The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 29, 2024, 12:08:19 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Follow our Facebook group, or check out the Doctor Who News site by hitting the links below

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Hello Sweetie. ;D Your theories on River Song.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello Sweetie. ;D Your theories on River Song.  (Read 638 times)
PandoricaPond
RP Moderator
Tin Dog
Favourite Doctor: Ten/Eleven
Favourite Companion: Amy Pond

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
Windows User Poll Voter Level 3
« on: October 06, 2010, 06:16:32 pm »

I'm interested to know your theories on River Song. Not just who she is, but where she's from, her first adventure with the Doctor ect. My theory. I say they do get married. But not coz they want to (although I'm sure River wouldn't complain lol) only coz they have to. I haven't quite figured out why yet lol. So, yeah, theories? Smiley Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

#Doctor: Amy was frightened. I was frightened. But we survived, you know, and the relief of it... And so she kissed me. #Rory: And you kissed her back. #Doctor: No, I kissed her mouth. #Rory: Funny.

#Companions; DOCTOR!!!

#Doctor: RUN!!!

#Doctor: Bowties are cool.

#Doctor: Fezzes are cool
The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Donna Noble

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
Third year Anniversary Level 6 Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 06:19:49 pm »

I have no idea where she is from, but I dont think they are married. I think that would be too easy. I think perhaps she is the TARDIS. Or perhaps she and the Doctor start out as enemies but then she realises how awesome he is and turns to the good side Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Now and then, every once in a very long while, every day in a million days, when the wind stands fair and The Doctor comes to call, everybody lives.

Tardis-Console
Timelord
Favourite Companion: Amy

Say it. Everybody does!

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Second year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 06:42:00 pm »

I think she could be his wife. I love all the mystery surrounding her though so I try not to think about it too much. I cant wait for it to be revealed though. I also dont think she is from earth. Or has that been proven already?
Report Spam   Logged

My Series 6 Ratings (so far):
TIA 10/10 | DOTM 10/10 | COTBS 8/10 | TDW 10/10 | TRF 9/10 | TAP 10/10 | AGMGTW 10/10 | LKH 8/10 | NT 4/10 | TGWW 10/10
DAK
TARDIS Traveller
Favourite Doctor: Eleven!
Favourite Companion: River!

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 05:26:05 am »

I've read a bunch of crazy theories over the past couple of months.  I doubt she's something as obvious as his wife - what use would a Time Lord have for the earth custom of marriage anyway?  One theory I read on another forum is that she's the last incarnation of the Doctor.  If you think about it, it makes some sort of strange twisted ironic sense.  LOL
Report Spam   Logged
poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Companion: The Ponds

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2010, 09:56:19 am »

I have actually heard that 'She's The Doctor' theory before - I forget where though!
Report Spam   Logged

"He is ever after only one thing: power. And also helmets with horns ... he's really into those."
chrissymarieb
Faithful Companion
Favourite Companion: Rory Williams and Donna Noble

View Profile
Search Apple User Poll Voter
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2010, 12:18:53 pm »

I really hope that she is not The Doctor's wife and I also hope that she is not The Doctor in a future regeneration.  I don't know what she is, but I will pretty much be happy so long as she is not those!
Report Spam   Logged

"It's smaller on the outside"
Sandiwich11
Faithful Companion
Favourite Companion: The Brig

View Profile WWW
Level 5 Third year Anniversary Windows User
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2010, 02:48:47 pm »

I quite like the 'she's a living TARDIS' idea.  I'm not so keen on the wife, later doc or killing the doc ones thou, unless her killing him is a ruse that they both set up.
I really want to meet younger River and get to see how she becomes so kickass Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Companion: Donna Noble

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
Third year Anniversary Level 6 Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2010, 02:52:21 pm »

Ive seena lot of 'Jack is River' theories, but I doubt thats it
Report Spam   Logged

Now and then, every once in a very long while, every day in a million days, when the wind stands fair and The Doctor comes to call, everybody lives.

Sandiwich11
Faithful Companion
Favourite Companion: The Brig

View Profile WWW
Level 5 Third year Anniversary Windows User
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2010, 02:55:07 pm »

Haha yeah, I've seen a few of them.  I quite like that idea, the sweetie comments alone would make that hilarious XD
Report Spam   Logged

One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Triptych
Hatchling

So yeah, I'm pretty much a big deal.

View Profile
Multiple Badge Holder Level 2 Level 1
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2010, 10:49:09 pm »

I really hope that she is not The Doctor's wife and I also hope that she is not The Doctor in a future regeneration.  I don't know what she is, but I will pretty much be happy so long as she is not those!

Can't be a future regeneration. I know they did that mock up thing for BBC children in need where he meets Peter Davison in that god-awful outfit he wore, but in "fathers day" (series 1 or 27, depending on how you look at it, broadcast in 2005) he says that you can't cross your own time line.

Although when you think about it, he wouldn't really be crossing it. Just, meeting along the way?

Plus if she is a future incarnation of the doctor, why does she have that poxy book with all the crap they've done in it?
Report Spam   Logged

Warning. Going to sleep on Sunday will cause Monday. Please note that staying awake all night does not prevent Monday. There is no cure.
chrissymarieb
Faithful Companion
Favourite Companion: Rory Williams and Donna Noble

View Profile
Search Apple User Poll Voter
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2010, 06:07:19 pm »

Can't be a future regeneration. I know they did that mock up thing for BBC children in need where he meets Peter Davison in that god-awful outfit he wore, but in "fathers day" (series 1 or 27, depending on how you look at it, broadcast in 2005) he says that you can't cross your own time line.

Although when you think about it, he wouldn't really be crossing it. Just, meeting along the way?

Plus if she is a future incarnation of the doctor, why does she have that poxy book with all the crap they've done in it?

Heck - I figure she can't be a future Doctor because she's a woman.  I figured that male Time Lords regenerate into men and women into women.  But I have heard others speculate otherwise.  But what do I know?  I am new to all this Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

"It's smaller on the outside"
PandoricaPond
RP Moderator
Tin Dog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2010, 02:20:47 pm »

I recently heard this theory that I've become obsessed with. By obsessed, I mean if it's /not/ this, I'll scream. Tongue Just kidding. I heard a theory that she's the daughter of Rose Tyler and the Meta Doctor.
Report Spam   Logged

#Doctor: Amy was frightened. I was frightened. But we survived, you know, and the relief of it... And so she kissed me. #Rory: And you kissed her back. #Doctor: No, I kissed her mouth. #Rory: Funny.

#Companions; DOCTOR!!!

TheDoctorDonna
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven/Two
Favourite Companion: Donna/Barbara

Whatchoo Lookin' At?

View Profile
Super Poster 50 Posts in one day Super Poster 25 Posts in one day Level 5
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2010, 10:47:11 am »

Though I love this idea in theory, I think if it actually turned out to be who she is I would probably hate it. Not because its a stupid idea but because I am just totally over Ten/Rose and I think the less said about that the better. If we could have this without a big throwback to that pairing then it would be ok, but I imagine they would have to do a fair bit of explaining about it all if it were true
Report Spam   Logged

One! One word! Shake, milk-shake, milk! Milk! No? Not milk! Um, shake, shake, shake! Cocktail shake! What, d'you want a Harvey Wallbanger?
PandoricaPond
RP Moderator
Tin Dog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2010, 02:15:27 pm »

Though I love this idea in theory, I think if it actually turned out to be who she is I would probably hate it. Not because its a stupid idea but because I am just totally over Ten/Rose and I think the less said about that the better. If we could have this without a big throwback to that pairing then it would be ok, but I imagine they would have to do a fair bit of explaining about it all if it were true

I don'r really consider the Meta as Ten. To me, they've always been different. However, part of me is saying this only to see the return of Tennant lol
Report Spam   Logged

#Companions; DOCTOR!!!

Hyacathusarillistad
Tin Dog
Favourite Doctor: Third or Eleventh
Favourite Companion: Jo Grant or Amy Pond

Extant Time Lord

View Profile
Level 4 Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2011, 08:57:34 pm »

There are definitely some ludicrous theories out there, chief among them the idea that she's Susan. I simply can't understand how that theory came to be. If the Doctor's grand-daughter started calling her grandfather "sweetie" and flirting incessantly with him, I'd be more than a little concerned about the direction the show is taking. Maybe it's just me, but incest simply doesn't have a place in Doctor Who, even in the 21st century.

As for who she is (as opposed to who she isn't), I'm happy to say that I have absolutely no idea. And I hope I don't learn until the Doctor does. I ruined the return of the Master for myself a few years ago, and promised myself I'd never go looking for such spoilers again in the future. I'm very pleased that all the theories I've seen so far have been insane to the point of laughable (ie she's Susan, she's Donna, she's Amy, etc). But this is Moffat we're talking about. I don't think River will turn out to be anyone we've seen before, and certainly not anyone we've seen in NuWho; possibly Classic (maybe the Rani?), but I don't think it's likely.
Report Spam   Logged

Torchwood Five

Episode I - The Brainstem Murders
Episode II - Vanishing Act
Episode III - Side Effects
Episode IV - The Villieneuve Incident
Episode V - Ritardando
Episode VI - Body Count
The Silence
Hatchling

Favourite Doctor: The 10th
Favourite Companion: Rose Tyler

View Profile
Level 1 First Post One year Anniversary
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2011, 02:02:20 pm »

This is who I think River Song is:

After thinking for a bit, I realized that River must be Amy's daughter.
Amy, in my opinion is a time lord, therefore that would explain the little girl at the end of DAY OF THE MOON regenerating. The girl in the astronaut suit is River and she kills the Doctor. That would mean that Octavian was telling the truth, that River killed a good man. I think that's why Steven Moffat named episode 7 in series 6 A GOOD MAN GOES TO WAR. And, I think Amy was kidnapped from her home when she was a little girl by the Silence, they took snapshots from the history Roman book and the Pandora's Box Book, trapped her in the little white room for years until she was pregnant, and replaced real Amy with the flesh Amy, making the Doctor take her away with him on his travels, whilst the real Amy is with the eye patch lady. I'm sorry if that's a bit confusing, but I couldn't put it in a simpler way. Ooh, and here's another thing...

Isn't it a coincidence that it's Amy POND and RIVER Song. They have similarities, at least.

Just something to think about...

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: