The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 29, 2024, 09:39:29 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Vote in for the NuWho Episode Tournament in The Greatest Show In The Galaxy

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Tom Milligan Support Team

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tom Milligan Support Team  (Read 432 times)
RiverandTheDoctor
Hatchling

Favourite Doctor: Tenth Doctor
Favourite Companion: River Song

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Topic Starter Level 1 10 Posts
« on: April 28, 2011, 10:33:35 pm »

well people for Mickey/Martha is that so there are alike Mickey loved Rose but Rose fell for the Doctor Martha was in love with the Doctor the Doctor loved Rose.

This is my problem with the Martha/Mickey wrapup. I loved them both individually and I have no problem with them ending up with each other because they finally found in each other the right people who understood them and respected them inside and out the way they were never respected by The Doctor and Rose. But I don't think that was the intent of putting them together. It was shoddy, especially given Martha's buildup with Tom, which went as far as an engagement. So this means, in a matter of months after becoming engaged to Tom (since when she was on her honeymoon on TW, it was meant to be with Mickey), that she broke up with Tom and jumped into marriage with Mickey. It reflects badly on Martha's character, IMO, which really upsets me, and completely ruins things with Tom (and I wasn't even necessarily a Martha/Tom shipper, although they seemed nice enough in the S3 finale).

***Comment Removed by The Doc***

But I digress. From the little bit we saw of and heard about Tom, he was pretty awesome  Afro, and it's too bad they didn't have a proper conclusion between him (and Martha). An off screen breakup was a disservice to him, especially when they had made it all the way to an engagement, not just the dating phase of a relationship.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: