The Doctor In The TARDIS
April 19, 2024, 07:49:35 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Celebrate 50 years of Doctor Who with us in our Top Ten Of Everything section

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

How I Met Your Mother

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How I Met Your Mother  (Read 116 times)
PandoricaPond
RP Moderator
Tin Dog
Favourite Doctor: Ten/Eleven
Favourite Companion: Amy Pond

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
Windows User Poll Voter Level 3
« on: October 07, 2010, 01:21:36 pm »

Shock horror! I started to lose my interest in HIMYM. So I knew the only solution was to pull out the box sets and re-watch. I am glad I did. I'd forgotten how great the show was. And since re-watching the first 2 seasons, I decided it was about time to get the rest. I have now enjoyed four seasons of Barney, Ted, Marshall, Lily and Robin. And lets not forget, Ranjit. My plan of action from here is to get season 5. I didn't know quite how much I could miss Barney's catchphrases. From "Suit Up!" to "Legen... wait for it...Dary!" I think the show's ace! This thread is to discuss your fave characters, episodes and catchphrases/quotes. My personal fave? #Barney: "Legen... wait for it, and I hope your not lactose intolerant because the next part of this word is... Dary!"   Grin
Report Spam   Logged

#Doctor: Amy was frightened. I was frightened. But we survived, you know, and the relief of it... And so she kissed me. #Rory: And you kissed her back. #Doctor: No, I kissed her mouth. #Rory: Funny.

#Companions; DOCTOR!!!

#Doctor: RUN!!!

#Doctor: Bowties are cool.

#Doctor: Fezzes are cool
Exterminate
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Do Not Blaspheme!

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 04:17:06 pm »

My other half is obsessed with this show, but I dont see the fuss personally. I also cant see Alyson Hannigan as anything other than Willow anymore Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

PandoricaPond
RP Moderator
Tin Dog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 01:51:10 pm »

Update: I'll be ordering HIMYM season 5 tomorrow. So excited! I'll let you guys know what I think of it. As it's not Doctor Who related, even though we're in the water cooler section, I won't give you an episode by episode commentary of my opinions. I'll just watch the whole season and tell you guys, briefly, what I thought. Due to post HIMYM excitedness, my post will probably go something like this. - OMG OMG OMG THAT SEASON WAS AWESOME!!! AND THE SUIT SONG! OMFG! Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh? Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided :-* Cry - Just a friendly warning lol. Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

#Doctor: Amy was frightened. I was frightened. But we survived, you know, and the relief of it... And so she kissed me. #Rory: And you kissed her back. #Doctor: No, I kissed her mouth. #Rory: Funny.

#Companions; DOCTOR!!!

PandoricaPond
RP Moderator
Tin Dog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2012, 05:31:58 pm »

I... haven't been here in too long. XD Ok, so, since I last posted in this tread I've caught up with all seven seasons. I just... I love this series so much. And I felt so bad for Robyn in season 7. Cry
Report Spam   Logged

#Companions; DOCTOR!!!

Joshua
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Donna

View Profile
Third year Anniversary 2500 Posts Super Poster 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 01:08:18 pm »

To be honest I think the show has really gone downhill since about Season 4/5. Season 7 barely made me smile let alone laugh. A shame, since it was once so good.
Report Spam   Logged

TV Addict|Lost|Grey's Anatomy|Parks & Rec|Game of Thrones|Community|Cougar Town|Doctor Who|Member of the Month Nov 2011
Joshua
Global Moderator
Timelord

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2012, 03:05:59 pm »

Has anybody caught the S8 premiere yet? What did you think?
Report Spam   Logged

TV Addict|Lost|Grey's Anatomy|Parks & Rec|Game of Thrones|Community|Cougar Town|Doctor Who|Member of the Month Nov 2011
Blazin Goliath
Faithful Companion
Favourite Doctor: 12
Favourite Companion: Rory Williams

"Where I stand is where I fall.”

View Profile
Level 6 Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2012, 03:57:53 am »

I haven't, but I mean to. I'm hoping it'll pick back up and be like it was of old.
Report Spam   Logged

"Wonderful chap, all of them"
Joshua
Global Moderator
Timelord

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2012, 05:52:07 pm »

For me the first episode wasn't. I'm half tempted to save it and watch it all in one go so it's hopefully a bit better that way? I don't know. I'll never stop watching because I want to see how it ends, but I don't find it funny any more.
Report Spam   Logged

Blazin Goliath
Faithful Companion
Favourite Doctor: 12
Favourite Companion: Rory Williams

"Where I stand is where I fall.”

View Profile
Level 6 Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2012, 08:38:45 pm »

I'm half tempted to save it and watch it all in one go so it's hopefully a bit better that way

I might do this... perhaps it'll help
Report Spam   Logged

"Wonderful chap, all of them"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: