The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 28, 2024, 08:48:48 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join The Infinite Quest - This Week's Story: Black Orchid

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Welcome to the Water Cooler

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Welcome to the Water Cooler  (Read 278 times)
poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: The Ponds

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Level 6
« on: August 30, 2010, 04:07:04 pm »

Hello & welcome to the Water Cooler - this is where you can talk about anything & everything so start your own threads & have fun.

Maybe while you're on this one though you might like to introduce yourself to everyone - just a thought.
Report Spam   Logged

"He is ever after only one thing: power. And also helmets with horns ... he's really into those."
poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 04:18:08 pm »

So,

Hi I'm poprockgeek - I'm using the same name on here as I do on Twitter so some of you may know me already.

If not, I'm a geek girl - I love Sci-Fi, TV, Films, Music, Books, Games, History - ooh & chocolate.

If you want to know anymore ask - I don't mind.

Have fun here  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

"He is ever after only one thing: power. And also helmets with horns ... he's really into those."
The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Companion: Donna Noble

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
Third year Anniversary Level 6 Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 04:21:41 pm »

Well I guess I should say something too....

I am the guy behind The Doctor In The Tardis and @TardisSpoilers, and now I am the Administrator on here as well.

I'm Doctor Who obsessed as you all know, and that is about as interesting as I get Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

Now and then, every once in a very long while, every day in a million days, when the wind stands fair and The Doctor comes to call, everybody lives.

Vampyros Adric
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: 4/6/7
Favourite Companion: Jo Grant

He is also vain, ego-centric and quite mad

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Mobile User Search
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 06:05:50 pm »

I am Chris (my user name is also my Twitter name cunningly disguising my real identity lol) and I am an avid Sci Fi geek, Dr Who is my favourite but I love Star Trek, Torchwood, Battlestar Galactica, Futurama. In fact, if its got space ships or alien tech in it, then I probably like it!

I used to read for fun but now I can't as 'work reading' takes up my time these days. I also am a bit of a sports fan so when I'm not watching sci-fi chances are i'm watching cricket or football. I do like a good political/philosophical discussion as well and I am relentlessly cheerful.

I am quite old and I also talk too much.
Report Spam   Logged

BlueRose

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2010, 06:21:12 pm »

I made it! w00000t

I am a professional and hobby geek, knitting a Doctor Who scarf of my own (details on my Ravelry acct, username BlueRose156), and have a Seal of Rassilon tat. Nuff said.

Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
chrissymarieb
Faithful Companion
Favourite Companion: Rory Williams and Donna Noble

View Profile
Search Apple User Poll Voter
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2010, 08:09:00 pm »

My name is Christine and my user name here is also the same as on Twitter.  I am proud to be a geek and I like all geeky things.  Doctor Who, Comic stuff, Vampire stuff, all that, and I love to read.  I also have a Doctor Who related tattoo that I got about a month ago - it's a Gallifreyan symbol that I liked and my husband is still mad at me for getting it Smiley 

I have a 2.5 year old daughter and I love that that Autumn is upon us so that I can start baking again Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

"It's smaller on the outside"
BlueRose

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2010, 08:09:59 pm »

My name is Christine and my user name here is also the same as on Twitter.  I am proud to be a geek and I like all geeky things.  Doctor Who, Comic stuff, Vampire stuff, all that, and I love to read.  I also have a Doctor Who related tattoo that I got about a month ago - it's a Gallifreyan symbol that I liked and my husband is still mad at me for getting it Smiley 

I have a 2.5 year old daughter and I love that that Autumn is upon us so that I can start baking again Smiley

You like vamp stuff? I may have to introduce you to my series. Cheesy

And welcome! ^_^
Report Spam   Logged
poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2010, 08:14:50 pm »

Hi Christine - welcome to the site. Always pleased to make the acquaitance of a fellow geek  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

chrissymarieb
Faithful Companion

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2010, 08:15:20 pm »

And welcome! ^_^

Oh I like it all!  Thanks!
Report Spam   Logged

BlueRose

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2010, 08:17:51 pm »

And welcome! ^_^

Oh I like it all!  Thanks!

http://www.adriannebrennan.com/books.html#darkmoon

Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
DAK
TARDIS Traveller
Favourite Doctor: Eleven!
Favourite Companion: River!

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2010, 02:51:30 am »

Whoops, I guess I should have posted here first, huh?  Smiley

I'm DAK (my initials, same name I use over on the TREKBBS if anyone posts there).  I'm, well, over 40  Wink and have been a Doctor Who fan for over 30 years.  Wow.  Married 20 years and mom of a 17-year-old boy about to start his senior year of high school tomorrow.  I live in Maryland, USA.

I love "The Doctor in the TARDIS" site; I check it every day for news and other fun stuff.  Thanks for starting this forum!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2010, 08:48:18 am »

Hi DAK

Welcome to the forum - glad you're liking it so far - feel free to start your own threads on the site  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

TheDoctorDonna
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven/Two
Favourite Companion: Donna/Barbara

Whatchoo Lookin' At?

View Profile
Super Poster 50 Posts in one day Super Poster 25 Posts in one day Level 5
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2010, 02:27:55 pm »

Hi, I'm Josh and I am new around here. I don't know anyone yet but I like that this place is new. It's easier to get talking to people that way. I am a member of another forum, but I never speak. Lots of people there act as though they own Doctor Who and shout you down if you say stuff that they dont like or agree with or whatever, or just treat you like a fool. Well, not me personally, but I have seen how they speak to other members and it put me off speaking up so I just lurk. I only spoke up here because of what it said in the rules and I figured that with there being less people it would be easier.

Anyway, I ramble a lot....
Report Spam   Logged

One! One word! Shake, milk-shake, milk! Milk! No? Not milk! Um, shake, shake, shake! Cocktail shake! What, d'you want a Harvey Wallbanger?
poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2010, 02:35:21 pm »

Hi Josh - you are very welcome here. Yes we were very clear on what we wanted our rules to be about that - if you do encounter any of those kind of problems though just let me or one of the other mods know & we'll sort it out (we're all listed in the TARDIS help desk section called The Moderators).

And you ramble away - join in threads, start your own - whatever you want to do  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

TheDoctorDonna
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven/Two
Favourite Companion: Donna/Barbara

Whatchoo Lookin' At?

View Profile
Super Poster 50 Posts in one day Super Poster 25 Posts in one day Level 5
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2010, 03:28:14 pm »

Ok thanks.

It all seems straight forward so far, so I should be ok, but if I get stuck I will ask someone for help Wink
Report Spam   Logged

One! One word! Shake, milk-shake, milk! Milk! No? Not milk! Um, shake, shake, shake! Cocktail shake! What, d'you want a Harvey Wallbanger?
chrissymarieb
Faithful Companion

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2010, 02:38:57 am »

Hi, I'm Josh and I am new around here. I don't know anyone yet but I like that this place is new. It's easier to get talking to people that way. I am a member of another forum, but I never speak. Lots of people there act as though they own Doctor Who and shout you down if you say stuff that they dont like or agree with or whatever, or just treat you like a fool. Well, not me personally, but I have seen how they speak to other members and it put me off speaking up so I just lurk. I only spoke up here because of what it said in the rules and I figured that with there being less people it would be easier.

Rambling is good!  Nice to meet you!
Report Spam   Logged

PandoricaPond
RP Moderator
Tin Dog
Favourite Doctor: Ten/Eleven
Favourite Companion: Amy Pond

View Profile WWW
Windows User Poll Voter Level 3
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2010, 02:22:15 pm »

Nice to meet a fellow rambler. Wink
Report Spam   Logged

#Doctor: Amy was frightened. I was frightened. But we survived, you know, and the relief of it... And so she kissed me. #Rory: And you kissed her back. #Doctor: No, I kissed her mouth. #Rory: Funny.

#Companions; DOCTOR!!!

#Doctor: RUN!!!

#Doctor: Bowties are cool.

#Doctor: Fezzes are cool
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: