The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 28, 2024, 12:13:44 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Head over to 76 Totters Lane and check out all the latest merchandise

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Timelash - The Sixth Doctor

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Timelash - The Sixth Doctor  (Read 287 times)
Aneurin
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: River

Formally River Song

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 6 Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« on: June 04, 2012, 07:52:34 pm »

I've not seen it yet but it's reputation is famous. Anyway, I'm not here to talk about the story, as such, but did anyone read the interview with the guy who wrote it in this months DWM?

What a horrid sounding man he came off as. He basically blamed absolutely everyone involved in the show for messing up his amazing story. He accused people of rewriting it and making it bad, the script editor for not making it better, the director for not making it as he wished, the actors for not being very good and pretty much everyone else for anything else that was wrong with it. Never once did he acknowledge having anything to do with the fact that it was bad. Then, to top it all off he ended the interview by saying Trial of a Timelord was his idea but after all this time Eric Saward would never admit or acknowledge it, but he's too big a man to ask for royalties. He was quite smarmy about it, too. He said something along the lines of 'I understand how you can come up with an idea and convince yourself it's yours, but really it isn't.'

He didn't come off well at all.
Report Spam   Logged

Twisted-Sister
Faithful Companion

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Super Poster 50 Posts in one day Super Poster 25 Posts in one day Poll Voter
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 10:09:16 pm »

I read that. He doesn't come off very well at all. I think it probably still cuts a little that his one contribution to the show has been rubbished throughout fandom but that doesn't really justify what he said, or at least the way he came off in what he was trying to say.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: