The Doctor In The TARDIS
April 20, 2024, 02:40:28 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Follow our Facebook group, or check out the Doctor Who News site by hitting the links below

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Torchwood - Mr Invincible

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Torchwood - Mr Invincible  (Read 269 times)
hannahcole93
Global Moderator
Master Of Galaxies
Favourite Doctor: 11 & 5
Favourite Companion: Amy Pond & Nyssa

"Fish fingers and custard..."

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Fifth year Anniversary 10000 Posts Fourth year Anniversary
« on: June 06, 2012, 09:39:38 am »

Tom Price reads this exclusive audio adventure set after the conclusion of "Miracle Day", featuring Captain Jack Harkness and Sgt Andy Davidson.

Ross Chapman is one of life's losers. So when he survives a point-blank shooting, dons a superhero costume and becomes a crime-busting vigilante, something strange is clearly going on. And Ross' transformation isn't the only odd thing happening in Cardiff.

Time is distorting - around the city, some people are aging, dying and decomposing in a matter of minutes, while others are reverting to childhood. Sgt Andy Davidson knows he's out of his depth - so when Jack Harkness sweeps into the police station, he's glad of the help that only Torchwood can provide.

But for Jack, the stakes are higher than ever. He's seen a vision of Gwen, dead, murdered by an unknown gunman. And if he can't solve the mystery of Mr Invincible, he can't save her...

Written specially for AudioGO by Mark Morris, "Mr Invincible" is read by Tom Price, who played Sgt Andy Davidson in the hit BBC television series.

Due for release 7th June 2012. (Can only see it on Amazon at the moment)
Report Spam   Logged

"All of time and space; everything that ever happened or ever will…Where do you want to start?"
TheDoctorDonna
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven/Two
Favourite Companion: Donna/Barbara

Whatchoo Lookin' At?

View Profile
Super Poster 50 Posts in one day Super Poster 25 Posts in one day Level 5
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 09:58:42 pm »

I really need to catch up on the Torchwood audios. After Miracle Day I abandoned them because I was sort of over Torchwood but I've heard there are a couple of good new ones and this one sounds decent.
Report Spam   Logged

One! One word! Shake, milk-shake, milk! Milk! No? Not milk! Um, shake, shake, shake! Cocktail shake! What, d'you want a Harvey Wallbanger?
Twisted-Sister
Faithful Companion

View Profile
Super Poster 50 Posts in one day Super Poster 25 Posts in one day Poll Voter
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 12:31:55 am »

I really need to catch up on the Torchwood audios. After Miracle Day I abandoned them because I was sort of over Torchwood but I've heard there are a couple of good new ones and this one sounds decent.

You've not missed much. They've been very hit and miss.
Report Spam   Logged

hannahcole93
Global Moderator
Master Of Galaxies
Favourite Doctor: 11 & 5
Favourite Companion: Amy Pond & Nyssa

"Fish fingers and custard..."

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary 10000 Posts Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012, 08:57:33 am »

You've not missed much. They've been very hit and miss.

TS is right, they've all been a bit unpredictable lately. Some are good, some are bad, some are average. As soon as my exams are out the way I'll try and pick up a copy of this and give it a review. Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

"All of time and space; everything that ever happened or ever will…Where do you want to start?"
Kovarians-Eye-Patch
TARDIS Traveller
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Martha Jones

View Profile
Search One year Anniversary Level 4
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2012, 12:47:30 am »

It's actually better than I expected it to be. The story is good and it moves along at a good pace. It's better than a lot of the other more recent ones have been. The massive downside for me is that Tom Price's voice goes right through me. He's very difficult to listen to.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: