The Doctor In The TARDIS
April 19, 2024, 01:28:34 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Vote in the Classic Episode Battles in The Invasion of Time

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Twists

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Twists  (Read 329 times)
PandoricaPond
RP Moderator
Tin Dog
Favourite Doctor: Ten/Eleven
Favourite Companion: Amy Pond

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
Windows User Poll Voter Level 3
« on: October 07, 2010, 07:23:54 pm »

This thread is for people to share their experiences of twist endings. What you thought of them? Could they be better? And have you ever had a twist spoiled?

I think the best twist ending I would've enjoyed was the sixth sense. I had known for years what the twist was, without knowing it was a twist. So when I finally decided to watch it this year, I was ready for something completely different to what I got. Only when it got towards the end did I realise that the twist was a twist, and not a fact that's stated early on in the movie.

That was hard to do without saying what the twist is. I know most people have already seen it but in case 1 person comes on and sees this that's not seen the sixth sense. I wish I could have my memory wiped so I could enjoy the movie properly. Boy, I just don't shut up lol.
Report Spam   Logged

#Doctor: Amy was frightened. I was frightened. But we survived, you know, and the relief of it... And so she kissed me. #Rory: And you kissed her back. #Doctor: No, I kissed her mouth. #Rory: Funny.

#Companions; DOCTOR!!!

#Doctor: RUN!!!

#Doctor: Bowties are cool.

#Doctor: Fezzes are cool
poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: The Ponds

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 11:32:19 am »

Mine would probably have to be the bit towards the end of The Empire Strikes Back where Darth Vader makes his revelation to Luke.

I'm assuming that everyone's seen it but I won't say more than that just in case.

Would be curious to know if there is anyone in the world who hasn't seen it. Anyone want to own up? I won't judge honest  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

"He is ever after only one thing: power. And also helmets with horns ... he's really into those."
PandoricaPond
RP Moderator
Tin Dog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 11:48:55 am »

Would be curious to know if there is anyone in the world who hasn't seen it. Anyone want to own up? I won't judge honest  Wink

I hadn't seen it til, like, 2006-7 Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

#Doctor: Amy was frightened. I was frightened. But we survived, you know, and the relief of it... And so she kissed me. #Rory: And you kissed her back. #Doctor: No, I kissed her mouth. #Rory: Funny.

#Companions; DOCTOR!!!

poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2010, 11:58:55 am »

At least you got there in the end - it's never too late  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

"He is ever after only one thing: power. And also helmets with horns ... he's really into those."
PandoricaPond
RP Moderator
Tin Dog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2010, 12:03:50 pm »

At least you got there in the end - it's never too late  Smiley

What about Star Trek? Is it too late for me to get into that? (Only seen 1 ep  Embarrassed) Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

#Companions; DOCTOR!!!

poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2010, 12:29:16 pm »

One of my friends says 'it's never too late to discover a great film.' I've adapted that to TV as well as & use it as my philosophy. Star Trek is massive (I've seen most of it but by no means all) just like Doctor Who but it's well worth leaping on board if you're into sci-fi.

In simple terms - go for it  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Mind_Robber
TARDIS Traveller

View Profile WWW
Poll Voter Level 4 Webmaster
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2010, 01:50:12 pm »

One of my favourite twists has to be the last episode of Sarah Jane Adventures season one.

Most people on here have probably seen SJA s1 by now, but just in case, I won't reveal the twist. Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

There's one thing you never put in a trap. If you're smart, if you value your continued existence, if you have any plans about seeing tomorrow, there's one thing you never, ever put in a trap... me!
PandoricaPond
RP Moderator
Tin Dog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2010, 01:53:43 pm »

One of my favourite twists has to be the last episode of Sarah Jane Adventures season one.

OMFG! That twist was awesome! Lips sealed. Lips Sealed
Report Spam   Logged

#Companions; DOCTOR!!!

MandyDuchovney
The Other Side Of Light
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: 10
Favourite Companion: Donna

View Profile
Poll Starter Poll Voter Level 4
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2010, 01:56:30 pm »

The Mist  Cool

Not so much a twist but it has to be the most mindblowing ending to a film I've ever seen Shocked
Report Spam   Logged

Sarah Jane Smith: No.The universe has to move forward. Pain and loss, they define us as much as happiness or love. Whether it's a world, or a relationship. Everything has its time. And everything ends.
PandoricaPond
RP Moderator
Tin Dog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2010, 02:03:44 pm »

The so called "twist" at the end of "The village" was lame. about a 3rd of the way through, I'd already figured it out. About the only thing I didn't figure out was.... oops, almost gave it away. Watch it, it's a good movie. regardless of crappy twists. Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

#Companions; DOCTOR!!!

Mind_Robber
TARDIS Traveller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2010, 02:11:56 pm »

Gee, thanx for that. I just started watching the Sarah Connor Chronicles, and now I wanna watch The Village
Report Spam   Logged

There's one thing you never put in a trap. If you're smart, if you value your continued existence, if you have any plans about seeing tomorrow, there's one thing you never, ever put in a trap... me!
TheDoctorDonna
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven/Two
Favourite Companion: Donna/Barbara

Whatchoo Lookin' At?

View Profile
Super Poster 50 Posts in one day Super Poster 25 Posts in one day Level 5
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2010, 02:15:26 pm »

I liked the one at the end of a film called The Skeleton Key. You knew there was one coming, but couldn't work out what it was. Great film
Report Spam   Logged

One! One word! Shake, milk-shake, milk! Milk! No? Not milk! Um, shake, shake, shake! Cocktail shake! What, d'you want a Harvey Wallbanger?
PandoricaPond
RP Moderator
Tin Dog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2010, 02:16:20 pm »

Gee, thanx for that. I just started watching the Sarah Connor Chronicles, and now I wanna watch The Village

Roll Eyes Gee, sorry.  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

#Companions; DOCTOR!!!

Iceman
Global Moderator
Faithful Companion
Favourite Doctor: The Doctor
Favourite Companion: Captain Jack Harkness

Hey, it's me!

View Profile WWW
Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2010, 02:29:16 pm »

Well since I'm part of SpoilerTV theres not a lot of twists I don't know about Tongue

But, I have a friend who fell for the fake regen in 4.12. She was sooooo angry  Cheesy It was great Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Twitter: http://twitter.com/Iceman525

What a bunch of a-holes.
MandyDuchovney
The Other Side Of Light
Timelord

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2010, 02:33:19 pm »

Well since I'm part of SpoilerTV theres not a lot of twists I don't know about Tongue

But, I have a friend who fell for the fake regen in 4.12. She was sooooo angry  Cheesy It was great Tongue

So did I   Shocked Cry ....AND YOUR POINT??? Angry Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Sarah Jane Smith: No.The universe has to move forward. Pain and loss, they define us as much as happiness or love. Whether it's a world, or a relationship. Everything has its time. And everything ends.
Iceman
Global Moderator
Faithful Companion
Favourite Doctor: The Doctor
Favourite Companion: Captain Jack Harkness

Hey, it's me!

View Profile WWW
Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2010, 02:45:23 pm »

Lol, I wish I would have. I had seen "Planet of the Dead" before that episode, so I knew it wasn't true. But it's probably one of the greatest twists ever.
Report Spam   Logged

Twitter: http://twitter.com/Iceman525

What a bunch of a-holes.
MandyDuchovney
The Other Side Of Light
Timelord

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2010, 06:48:12 pm »

Lol, I wish I would have. I had seen "Planet of the Dead" before that episode, so I knew it wasn't true. But it's probably one of the greatest twists ever.

That's kind of why I like to stay spoiler free  Wink I enjoy getting the full impact of the show as it's MEANT to be  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

MandyDuchovney
The Other Side Of Light
Timelord

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2010, 06:51:57 pm »

I liked the one at the end of a film called The Skeleton Key. You knew there was one coming, but couldn't work out what it was. Great film

Brillant film. Very nicely played Cool
Report Spam   Logged

Exterminate
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Do Not Blaspheme!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2010, 11:39:43 pm »

I agree. That film is awesome and the ending is great. I really didnt see it coming.
Report Spam   Logged

Mind_Robber
TARDIS Traveller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2010, 12:00:55 pm »

I agree. That film is awesome and the ending is great. I really didnt see it coming.
I guess I know what I'm watching when I get home Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: