The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 29, 2024, 08:56:09 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Vote in the Classic Episode Battles in The Invasion of Time

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Ratings, Overnights, Audience Share & AI's

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ratings, Overnights, Audience Share & AI's  (Read 293 times)
The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Donna Noble

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
Third year Anniversary Level 6 Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« on: August 18, 2012, 03:19:58 pm »

This is the thread for discussion of the overnight ratings, the official ratings, audience share, AI, iPlayer hits and anything else to do with ratings for this episode.

The initial ratings, share and AI will be from the UK, though these may be expanded upon later to take into account figures from elsewhere in the world such as the US and Australia.

If you want to see how this episode rates in comparison to previous series, then you can find that information HERE. Please feel free to discuss the ratings and share your thoughts on how well this episode is doing. For ratings relating to other episodes, please check the relevent threads.

If you need any help understanding how the ratings and AI is calculated, then feel free to ask and either a moderator or fellow member will advise you.
Report Spam   Logged

Now and then, every once in a very long while, every day in a million days, when the wind stands fair and The Doctor comes to call, everybody lives.

poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Companion: The Ponds

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 11:17:34 am »

The overnights are in & according to SFX magazine they are 6.6million - the highest so far this series.

They are attributing it to the return of Strictly, which may of course be true. Could also be that the Paralympics have finished IMO.

Either way, it's good news  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

"He is ever after only one thing: power. And also helmets with horns ... he's really into those."
Exterminate
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Do Not Blaspheme!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 11:29:54 pm »

Going by the officials for last week and the overnights for this week it could be that the show is just simply pulling people in regardless of whatever else is on.
Report Spam   Logged

Exterminate
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Do Not Blaspheme!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 11:31:12 pm »

I just checked and AI was 85. Lower than the last two but still considered 'excellent' on the AI scale.
Report Spam   Logged

Kovarians-Eye-Patch
TARDIS Traveller
Favourite Companion: Martha Jones

View Profile
Search One year Anniversary Level 4
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 02:21:23 am »

85 isn't bad at all and the overnights are healthy too. I saw a report about the overnights today, I think on Digital Spy, where they reported them as though they were officials. They put a positive spin on things by saying they were the best ratings for 29 months (I have no idea if this is true of overnights), however they didn't mention anything about the difference between overnights and officials and so it very much made it sound like 6.6m was the best that Doctor Who had done in over 2 years.
Report Spam   Logged
Tardis-Console
Timelord
Favourite Companion: Amy

Say it. Everybody does!

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Second year Anniversary
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2012, 09:32:16 am »

Going by the officials for last week and the overnights for this week it could be that the show is just simply pulling people in regardless of whatever else is on.

I'd like to think that this is the reason
Report Spam   Logged

My Series 6 Ratings (so far):
TIA 10/10 | DOTM 10/10 | COTBS 8/10 | TDW 10/10 | TRF 9/10 | TAP 10/10 | AGMGTW 10/10 | LKH 8/10 | NT 4/10 | TGWW 10/10
Scott
TARDIS Traveller
Favourite Companion: Jo Grant

View Profile
One year Anniversary Poll Starter Level 4
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2012, 01:35:54 am »

I came in to comment on something awesome I read about these ratings today but they haven't been posted, so to begin...

Officials in the United Kingdom were 8.57m and it placed at number 7 for the whole week across all channels.

What I read, which I thought was really cool and goes to show that the journos over there need a course in actual journalism, is that this is the only series of Doctor Who so far where the first three episodes have placed in the top ten.

So much for the falling ratings!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: