The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 28, 2024, 08:59:00 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Follow our Facebook group, or check out the Doctor Who News site by hitting the links below

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

The Claws Of Axos Special Edition

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Claws Of Axos Special Edition  (Read 77 times)
The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Donna Noble

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
Third year Anniversary Level 6 Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« on: August 19, 2012, 05:59:37 pm »

An approaching Alien spaceship is detected on monitoring equipment at UNIT HQ, where the Brigadier is entertaining two visitors – Chinn, a civil servant making a security inspection, and Bill Filer, an American agent sent to discuss the threat of the Master. The Ship lands in England and the UNIT team, joined by Hardiman and Winser from the nearby Nuton power station, meet its occupants: beautiful golden-skinned humanoids called Axons.

The Axons claim that their ship, Axos, is damaged and that they need time in which to repair it. In return, they offer Axonite, a substance that can cause animals to grow to enormous sizes and thus end food shortages. The Doctor is suspicious, and rightly so: Axos, Axonite and the Axons – whose true appearance is hideous – are all part of a single parasitic entity brought to Earth by the Master to feed on the planet’s energy.

The Doctor manages to materialise his TARDIS, with the Master on board, at the centre of Axos. He offers to link the two ships together to make one giant time machine, on condition that Axos in return helps him to take revenge on the Time Lords for exiling him to earth. This is merely a trick, however, and Axos is locked in a time loop from which it can never escape. The Doctor returns to Earth in the TARDIS, where he reluctantly admits to the Brigadier that the Master may also have escaped.

Released on 22 October 2012.
Report Spam   Logged

Now and then, every once in a very long while, every day in a million days, when the wind stands fair and The Doctor comes to call, everybody lives.

Scott
TARDIS Traveller
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Jo Grant

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
One year Anniversary Poll Starter Level 4
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 01:32:21 am »

I really hope this is available down under. I was reading about the extras this week and they sound brilliant. Not one of my favourite stories but I think the bonus features will make it worth buying even though I have it already.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: