The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 28, 2024, 11:56:59 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join The Infinite Quest - This Week's Story: Black Orchid

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Was it a TARDIS

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Was it a TARDIS  (Read 85 times)
Tardis-Console
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Amy

Say it. Everybody does!

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Third year Anniversary Search Second year Anniversary
« on: September 09, 2012, 02:42:36 pm »

I can't shake the feeling that what we were seeing wasn't Oswin in a Dalek, or even her dreams but her inside a TARDIS. I can't really link it all up to make sense in my head but it's just a feeling I got after watching it. Maybe something happened so that she didn't remember it was or how to work it and so the Daleks used it as her prison instead. Maybe a time lady trying to infiltrate the Asylum? A perfect disguise. And we know from past stories that the Doctor wouldn't necessarily recognise it right off the bat. It would explain how she could broadcast her normal voice but when speaking directly has the voice of the thing she is disguised as. It would also put a logical explanation in place as to why she suddenly had the power to control so much stuff. She may be a genius but she is still only a Dalek and they have limited means, obviously, or they would all be controlling everything. I think it will also go a way to explaining how she survives and becomes/becomes the ancestor or Clara.

Maybe silly, but that's my thought.
Report Spam   Logged

My Series 6 Ratings (so far):
TIA 10/10 | DOTM 10/10 | COTBS 8/10 | TDW 10/10 | TRF 9/10 | TAP 10/10 | AGMGTW 10/10 | LKH 8/10 | NT 4/10 | TGWW 10/10
Tardis-Console
Timelord
Favourite Companion: Amy

Say it. Everybody does!

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Second year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 03:04:16 pm »

I'm bumping this because it's got lost under all the older threads
Report Spam   Logged

My Series 6 Ratings (so far):
TIA 10/10 | DOTM 10/10 | COTBS 8/10 | TDW 10/10 | TRF 9/10 | TAP 10/10 | AGMGTW 10/10 | LKH 8/10 | NT 4/10 | TGWW 10/10
Nyki
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Jon Pertwee
Favourite Companion: Leela

View Profile
Third year Anniversary 5000 Posts Second year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 05:27:32 pm »

It's an interesting theory - certainly a TARDIS with a working CC might disguise itself as a Dalek, and you're right about the voice.  The big hole in the theory is that Oswin remembered being dalekised (if that's not a word, it is now) after the Doctor had jogged her memory.  That could have been an implanted memory, of course, but it seems to tie in with everything else.  Certainly something worth keeping in mind.
Report Spam   Logged

Twisted-Sister
Faithful Companion

View Profile
Super Poster 50 Posts in one day Super Poster 25 Posts in one day Poll Voter
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 05:56:13 pm »

It's a really cool theory and something like that wouldn't surprise me at all, but unless she has a fob watch or amnesia I can't think of a reason as to why she would be so clueless about what was happening and we can't blame the Daleks because they had no idea what it was and it's unlikely they would send a Timelord to rescue another. I can buy that she perhaps had implanted or fake memories though so perhaps there is something more to it than what meets the eye(stalk).
Report Spam   Logged

Kovarians-Eye-Patch
TARDIS Traveller
Favourite Companion: Martha Jones

View Profile
Search One year Anniversary Level 4
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 02:01:59 am »

I think that this is a great theory. There's lots of holes in it, but then you get that in a lot of the stories anyway so I don't think that would stop it from being the case. I don't think that is what it is, but I do think it's a cool idea.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: