The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 28, 2024, 07:52:26 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Vote in for the NuWho Episode Tournament in The Greatest Show In The Galaxy

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Who is spoiler free?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who is spoiler free?  (Read 3258 times)
MandyDuchovney
The Other Side Of Light
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: 10
Favourite Companion: Donna

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Poll Starter Poll Voter Level 4
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2010, 01:33:28 pm »

Well by some miracle on the whole I am  Cool

I tend to lala myself through spoilery stuff and what I do pick up makes no sense out of context...so..fingers crossed.... I should get to see most things as they were intended Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Sarah Jane Smith: No.The universe has to move forward. Pain and loss, they define us as much as happiness or love. Whether it's a world, or a relationship. Everything has its time. And everything ends.
TheDoctorDonna
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven/Two
Favourite Companion: Donna/Barbara

Whatchoo Lookin' At?

View Profile
Super Poster 50 Posts in one day Super Poster 25 Posts in one day Level 5
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2010, 01:44:16 pm »

Well by some miracle on the whole I am  Cool

I tend to lala myself through spoilery stuff and what I do pick up makes no sense out of context...so..fingers crossed.... I should get to see most things as they were intended Tongue

I really wish I could be spoiler free. I think the surprise would be great, but I just cant stop myself anymore
Report Spam   Logged

One! One word! Shake, milk-shake, milk! Milk! No? Not milk! Um, shake, shake, shake! Cocktail shake! What, d'you want a Harvey Wallbanger?
The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Donna Noble

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
Third year Anniversary Level 6 Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2010, 01:45:20 pm »

None of you should be spoiler free. It will put me out of business Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Now and then, every once in a very long while, every day in a million days, when the wind stands fair and The Doctor comes to call, everybody lives.

MandyDuchovney
The Other Side Of Light
Timelord

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2010, 02:44:15 pm »

None of you should be spoiler free. It will put me out of business Tongue

Oh okay....I...AM..NOT...REALLY...SPOILER....FREE...AT....ALL  Roll Eyes  Tongue :-* Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Sarah Jane Smith: No.The universe has to move forward. Pain and loss, they define us as much as happiness or love. Whether it's a world, or a relationship. Everything has its time. And everything ends.
Aneurin
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Companion: River

Formally River Song

View Profile
Level 6 Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2010, 03:14:52 pm »

I understand the point of people wanting to be spoiler free, but I dont think it takes away fromt he overall enjoyment. If its written and acted well then thats all that matters to me. Even when I see spoilers, I still end up shocked when its on screen because its never quite how it played out in my head. On the other hand, sometimes the return of certain characters I think would be better with a bit of surprise.
Report Spam   Logged

MandyDuchovney
The Other Side Of Light
Timelord

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2010, 04:13:27 pm »

I don't think there is anything wrong with wanting to be either to be honest. I just think it is worse when you are spoilered when you don't want to be than it is to not have any spoilers when you want them. They're called spoilers for a reason and it's because they CAN and DO.

I was one of the very few people I knew at the time that didn't know about the fake regeneration even though I was amidst the spoiler community/'in crowd'. I experienced that episode as it was intended and it taught me a lot about what I needed/didn't need to know.

I.... where possible avoid them...simples Cool

Report Spam   Logged

Aneurin
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Formally River Song

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2010, 05:27:55 pm »

I didnt know about the fake regen either and I am a spoiler hound. That one just went right by me
Report Spam   Logged

Tardis-Console
Timelord
Favourite Companion: Amy

Say it. Everybody does!

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Second year Anniversary
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2011, 04:26:51 pm »

I started this thread because I couldnt quite grasp why people wouldnt want to know everything but I am seriously considering jumping on the wagon for series 6. I knew everything about the Christmas special and while I really, really enjoyed it, part of it didnt feel like it was new like when I was watching series 5. I already know some stuff about series 6 but I figure if I stop looking, even if only for a while, then there will still be plenty of surprises when its actually on the tv
Report Spam   Logged

My Series 6 Ratings (so far):
TIA 10/10 | DOTM 10/10 | COTBS 8/10 | TDW 10/10 | TRF 9/10 | TAP 10/10 | AGMGTW 10/10 | LKH 8/10 | NT 4/10 | TGWW 10/10
Roranicus
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Companion: Rory

Rory FTW

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2011, 07:36:09 pm »

Good luck with that. I could probably go without the spoilers if I hadnt even started but I could never do it now I've started. My addiction runs too deep
Report Spam   Logged

Oh my god Karen, you can't just ask someone why they're white!
Aneurin
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Formally River Song

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2011, 09:55:46 pm »

I couldnt do it. I get just as excited from finding out a great spoiler as I do about watching a new episode (well, nearly) and the excitement of finding stuff out fills the gaps while waiting for new episodes
Report Spam   Logged

Vampyros Adric
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: 4/6/7
Favourite Companion: Jo Grant

He is also vain, ego-centric and quite mad

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Mobile User Search
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2011, 11:47:07 pm »

I stayed spoiler free for the Xmas special and I have to confess I didn't actually enjoy it. Part of the fun of the new series now involves me getting all of the spoilers, from the confirmed set reports and photos through to the wild and insane speculation ('Dodo Chaplet's half-Terileptile, Ice Warrior Love Child played by Megan Fox' type of rumour). Then I sit down, watch the show and see how it all fits into place. I am building myself up into an insane frenzy over seasons 6 & 7 and this, for me, is now part of the fun. And I will say, IMHO even processing all of the spoilers, you generally only get half the picture - context is everything.

As always my motto is 'To each their own' and anyone staying spoiler free has my respect... but having done it for Xmas, it is not a road I will choose again.
Report Spam   Logged

The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Companion: Donna Noble

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
Third year Anniversary Level 6 Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2011, 11:50:12 pm »

But even though you didnt enjoy going cold turkey with the spoilers, was it worth it (and a different experience) when you sat down and watched?
Report Spam   Logged

Now and then, every once in a very long while, every day in a million days, when the wind stands fair and The Doctor comes to call, everybody lives.

Vampyros Adric
Global Moderator
Timelord

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2011, 12:15:18 am »

But even though you didnt enjoy going cold turkey with the spoilers, was it worth it (and a different experience) when you sat down and watched?

It really was different - felt very strange not having the first clue where the story was going - and I'm glad I did it for the Xmas special just to see what it was like. I think for me, spoliers and guesswork are actually as much part of the fun as watching the final show. The Eleventh Hour is the perfect example. I was pretty well up to speed with all the spoilers but nothing could prepare me for how brilliant it actually was. The biggest spoiler/source of worry for me was Amy's job as a kissogram but actually I was amazed how little I cared when I was watching. Spoliers are echoes and pointers but as with so much of life, context is king and even the most detailed spoilers generally lack the context of the whole story.
Report Spam   Logged

TheDoctorDonna
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven/Two
Favourite Companion: Donna/Barbara

Whatchoo Lookin' At?

View Profile
Super Poster 50 Posts in one day Super Poster 25 Posts in one day Level 5
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2011, 12:39:57 am »

I don't think I could do it. For all the reasons Chris put above and because I just love spoilers too much. Not because if gives the plot away but because they give enough plot detail to let you mind run wild with speculation, which is always fun. Nobody wants a full scale synopsis, but teasers are always great
Report Spam   Logged

One! One word! Shake, milk-shake, milk! Milk! No? Not milk! Um, shake, shake, shake! Cocktail shake! What, d'you want a Harvey Wallbanger?
PandoricaPond
RP Moderator
Tin Dog
Favourite Doctor: Ten/Eleven
Favourite Companion: Amy Pond

View Profile WWW
Windows User Poll Voter Level 3
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2011, 12:47:27 am »

I couldn't seek spoilers. I try my hardest to avoid any and all spoilers that fly past me on twitter. Hell, I don't even look at the radio times anymore. Well, except for the pics of Matt and Karen lol. Although, I had one moment of weakness. I looked at some series 6 spoilers on the forumi. Regreted it instantly. I'm just worried that now I've got that first taste of seeking spoilers, I won't be able to go back. Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

#Doctor: Amy was frightened. I was frightened. But we survived, you know, and the relief of it... And so she kissed me. #Rory: And you kissed her back. #Doctor: No, I kissed her mouth. #Rory: Funny.

#Companions; DOCTOR!!!

#Doctor: RUN!!!

#Doctor: Bowties are cool.

#Doctor: Fezzes are cool
Vampyros Adric
Global Moderator
Timelord

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2011, 12:55:40 am »

I couldn't seek spoilers. I try my hardest to avoid any and all spoilers that fly past me on twitter. Hell, I don't even look at the radio times anymore. Well, except for the pics of Matt and Karen lol. Although, I had one moment of weakness. I looked at some series 6 spoilers on the forumi. Regreted it instantly. I'm just worried that now I've got that first taste of seeking spoilers, I won't be able to go back. Tongue

Haha - that is exactly what spoliers are like. You start off with a little nibble and you can't help but follow the trail of breadcrumbs. Thats how it started for me. Just a sneaky peak to see if anything interesting popped up... Now (as you see above) I'm a fully paid up spoiler junkie Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

PandoricaPond
RP Moderator
Tin Dog
Favourite Doctor: Ten/Eleven
Favourite Companion: Amy Pond

View Profile WWW
Windows User Poll Voter Level 3
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2011, 01:50:31 am »

Haha - that is exactly what spoliers are like. You start off with a little nibble and you can't help but follow the trail of breadcrumbs. Thats how it started for me. Just a sneaky peak to see if anything interesting popped up... Now (as you see above) I'm a fully paid up spoiler junkie Smiley

Nooooooo! I've set up for my own downfall now haven't I? *Sobs* Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

#Doctor: Amy was frightened. I was frightened. But we survived, you know, and the relief of it... And so she kissed me. #Rory: And you kissed her back. #Doctor: No, I kissed her mouth. #Rory: Funny.

#Companions; DOCTOR!!!

#Doctor: RUN!!!

#Doctor: Bowties are cool.

#Doctor: Fezzes are cool
Peri-Peri
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Doctor: Five
Favourite Companion: Peri

Circular logic will only make you dizzy, Doctor

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2011, 07:26:29 pm »

I'm pinning this to the top of the forum. That way its easier to see if anyone comes in here who is new and is a silence seeker Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

It eats you, starting with your bottom

Tardis-Console
Timelord
Favourite Companion: Amy

Say it. Everybody does!

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Second year Anniversary
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2011, 11:58:35 pm »

Well you lot have put me right off. It sounds like staying spoiler free is more of a nightmare than its worth so I will just keep spoiling instead Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

My Series 6 Ratings (so far):
TIA 10/10 | DOTM 10/10 | COTBS 8/10 | TDW 10/10 | TRF 9/10 | TAP 10/10 | AGMGTW 10/10 | LKH 8/10 | NT 4/10 | TGWW 10/10
Vampyros Adric
Global Moderator
Timelord

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2011, 01:59:58 pm »

Well you lot have put me right off. It sounds like staying spoiler free is more of a nightmare than its worth so I will just keep spoiling instead Tongue

The way I look at it is spoilers are like Jaffa Cakes: as much as you might not want to, when you've had one there is little option but to guzzle the whole lot Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: