The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 28, 2024, 11:43:01 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out all the spoilers from Series 7 in our dedicated spoiler section

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Who is spoiler free?

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who is spoiler free?  (Read 3260 times)
poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: The Ponds

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #100 on: February 16, 2012, 10:51:35 pm »

I'm fine with following the little spoilers we get along the way, but I'd definitely try to avoid any huge leaks.

Pretty much sums me up too.
Report Spam   Logged

"He is ever after only one thing: power. And also helmets with horns ... he's really into those."
Vampyros Adric
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: 4/6/7
Favourite Companion: Jo Grant

He is also vain, ego-centric and quite mad

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Mobile User Search
« Reply #101 on: February 17, 2012, 11:35:56 am »

I like spoilers ("that little bit of spice that makes existence extra nice" to quote the Simpsons). And (unless they are pages of description like the ones that leaked out from the advanced screening of TIA) generally they get the debate going and spark lots of different little discussions. I will not be staying spoiler free because I love gearing myself up for the next series of adventures and finding out that my speculations are completely wrong Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Oh-Wise-One
Faithful Companion

View Profile
Super Poster 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #102 on: February 17, 2012, 11:44:38 am »

I'm pretty much the same as above. When it comes to spoilers I try to be quite picky. I don't want a complete A to Z of each episode, but stuff like that is rarely out there anyway and I can't say I have ever seen anything on here that is too spoilery. The kind of things I don't mind knowing include

-Guest stars
-Filming locations
-General plot outlines (eg, The Doctor and Amy travel to 16th century England and meet a deadly foe) or stuff to that effect
-Episode Titles
-Writers, directors etc
-Set photos
-'X' is returning

What I don't want is a total break down of every episode with all the twists and turns and conclusions spoiled.
Report Spam   Logged
hannahcole93
Global Moderator
Master Of Galaxies
Favourite Doctor: 11 & 5
Favourite Companion: Amy Pond & Nyssa

"Fish fingers and custard..."

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary 10000 Posts Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #103 on: February 17, 2012, 02:44:07 pm »

I'm really out of the Who loop at the moment, I had no idea about anything except the tiny little plot outlines on the TV guide for the second half of the series, and this time I'm doing the same I'm pretty much staying away from everything apart from the little little bits of info on a TV guide. I actually have no idea what's going on in the Who world at the moment (hence my lack of activity in anything much Who related at the moment)  Undecided
Report Spam   Logged

"All of time and space; everything that ever happened or ever will…Where do you want to start?"
Twisted-Sister
Faithful Companion

View Profile
Super Poster 50 Posts in one day Super Poster 25 Posts in one day Poll Voter
« Reply #104 on: February 21, 2012, 10:34:15 am »

I follow pretty much the same rules as OWO when it comes to spoilers. Part of me would love to be spoiler free. I'd love to be able to sit down for each new episode and literally know nothing about whats to come, but spoilers are my way of bridging what feels like enormous gaps between series.
Report Spam   Logged

Vampyros Adric
Global Moderator
Timelord

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: April 27, 2012, 12:55:15 pm »

There has been so much in terms of general spoilers coming out over the last few weeks. We know lots of different stuff and some of it has been in the mainstream media. Do we think that there has been too much? Some of the spoilers have been quite specific on plot details (see the General Spoilery Discussion for these titbits). Is anyone trying to maintain a resolute 'spoiler-free' approach?
Report Spam   Logged

Joshua
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Companion: Donna

View Profile
Third year Anniversary 2500 Posts Super Poster 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #106 on: April 27, 2012, 01:48:56 pm »

Is anyone trying to maintain a resolute 'spoiler-free' approach?

*waves hand*
Report Spam   Logged

TV Addict|Lost|Grey's Anatomy|Parks & Rec|Game of Thrones|Community|Cougar Town|Doctor Who|Member of the Month Nov 2011
poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 29, 2012, 02:38:42 pm »

There has been so much in terms of general spoilers coming out over the last few weeks. We know lots of different stuff and some of it has been in the mainstream media. Do we think that there has been too much? Some of the spoilers have been quite specific on plot details (see the General Spoilery Discussion for these titbits). Is anyone trying to maintain a resolute 'spoiler-free' approach?

I'm not remaining resolutely spoiler free, but for me some of the stuff we've had just lately has been a bit too much, esp with regard to episode 5. At first it felt like a little teaser, but now it feels like a bit like I know exactly what is going to happen. Maybe there will be some huge surprises in store with that ep, but for me at least I feel I know more than I would like. And it's ages away yet.
Report Spam   Logged

"He is ever after only one thing: power. And also helmets with horns ... he's really into those."
Vampyros Adric
Global Moderator
Timelord

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 01, 2012, 08:46:23 am »

Must confess PRG, I think they have been a little too free with information on Episode 5. The cynic in me thinks that this is just to keep discussion of the series "out there" - it is, after all, another possibly another 6 months before we see the new show on TV so it could be an attempt just to keep the newspapers interested in the show.

I think my approach is much the same as yours. I love the little bits and pieces that are out there but I wouldn't want too much more.
Report Spam   Logged

Saber
Timelord
Favourite Companion: Liz Shaw

View Profile
Second year Anniversary Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #109 on: August 10, 2013, 01:13:17 pm »

For the first time ever, I am pretty much spoiler free. For the anniversary at Christmas, at least. I kno very little, which is odd considering how much I usually dig for information.
Report Spam   Logged
Sparky
Earthling
Favourite Doctor: Nine
Favourite Companion: Rose

View Profile
100 Posts 50 Posts Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #110 on: August 14, 2013, 11:59:13 am »

For the first time ever, I am pretty much spoiler free. For the anniversary at Christmas, at least. I kno very little, which is odd considering how much I usually dig for information.

I'm completely with you on this. I have barely any idea what's happening.
Report Spam   Logged
Joshua
Global Moderator
Timelord

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 14, 2013, 01:49:14 pm »

Spoiler-free for the win!

It's just a shame they can't keep regenerations a secret. Imagine watching the ep having no idea we were losing 11 and getting Capaldi!! Same for the companions.
Report Spam   Logged

TV Addict|Lost|Grey's Anatomy|Parks & Rec|Game of Thrones|Community|Cougar Town|Doctor Who|Member of the Month Nov 2011
poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 14, 2013, 01:53:08 pm »

Spoiler-free for the win!

It's just a shame they can't keep regenerations a secret. Imagine watching the ep having no idea we were losing 11 and getting Capaldi!! Same for the companions.

When they announced Matt was leaving I actually tweeted to say I wished they could keep his replacement quiet til the regeneration - they are never going to do it, but it would be awesome if they did.
Report Spam   Logged

Joshua
Global Moderator
Timelord

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 14, 2013, 01:57:09 pm »

It would be the biggest shock and absolutely awesome, and harder to bear as you wouldn't have had time to get used to the idea. But you're right, it will never happen.
Report Spam   Logged

The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Companion: Donna Noble

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
Third year Anniversary Level 6 Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #114 on: August 14, 2013, 02:05:41 pm »

It's too much of a ratings draw for them to do it on the quiet. However the next episode should skyrocket, like what happened with 10.0 in Series 4. Got the highest non special ratings of any episode since the show returned.
Report Spam   Logged

Now and then, every once in a very long while, every day in a million days, when the wind stands fair and The Doctor comes to call, everybody lives.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: