The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 28, 2024, 04:17:05 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out all the spoilers from Series 7 in our dedicated spoiler section

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Poll: Army of Ghosts/Doomsday

Poll
Question: Rate the story
5/5 - Absolutely amazing - 3 (17.6%)
4/5 - Really Good - 10 (58.8%)
3/5 - Not bad, not great - 2 (11.8%)
2/5 - Not impressed - 2 (11.8%)
1/5 - Shockingly bad - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 17

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Poll: Army of Ghosts/Doomsday  (Read 742 times)
awkward91
Tin Dog
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Amy

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Poll Voter Level 3 Second year Anniversary
« on: November 12, 2010, 07:27:34 pm »

Hello, going to resurrect this after just watching Doomsday for the third time. I watched it twice the first week it was on in a desperate attempt to like it, but it's impossible. And on the third time, still awful. What a pathetic excuse for an episode. Every hackneyed RTD trope in the book, nothing new, nothing interesting, corners cut (why were the Daleks and Cybermen fighting with a black backgroud? Why were only daleks seen being sucked into the void? what the hell was the yvonne cyberman all about?), and at many points a direct transplant of Parting of the Ways ("Oh no, he's not doing that to me again", says Rose...). Genesis ark built up as something brilliant, only to be a load of daleks. And then the big one: those four minutes or so when Rose/Doc are opening the void. Literally nothing that happens in that time makes any sense at all. Somehow the anne-droid, I mean yvonne is not a proper cyberman and buys them time. Somehow Rose's switch starts to go offline. Somehow when she puts it back she isn't just sucked straight into the void, despite having to hang on for dear life with the heavy-things. Somehow she puts the lever back, and it is "locked". Nice work not doing that before, Doc. And worst and most ridiculously of all, somehow Pete randomly pops back to their world, doesn't get sucked into the void and is able to take both him and Rose back with just one button (something Mickey literally said was impossible earlier). No explanation, no clue as to how this possibly makes sense. I literally laughed at the sheer stupidity of it the first time I watched, and I doubt RTD was going for that sort of vibe. The emotion of the Doc and Rose's separation is wrecked by the total bewilderment of what just happened. Ten's characterisation is at its very worst for pretty much the entire episode. And then the bride... fair enough they were going for a lead-in ending, but when it's a well-known comedienne popping up with no further context it can only be seen as some sort of crazy joke. Worst series finale by an absolute mile.
Report Spam   Logged

Sometimes impossible things happen and we call them miracles...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: