The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 28, 2024, 04:27:20 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out all the spoilers from Series 7 in our dedicated spoiler section

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Doctor Who Comics Coming To The US of A

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Doctor Who Comics Coming To The US of A  (Read 110 times)
The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Donna Noble

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
Third year Anniversary Level 6 Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« on: October 09, 2010, 08:24:13 pm »

If you are a fan of Doctor Who and you live in the United States, I have some news that may excite you. IDW have decided to launch a series of Doctor Who comics featuring the travels of the Eleventh Doctor, Rory and Amy.

The comics will launch in January 2011 and issue 1, which will be written by Tony Lee, will see the Doctor and his companions, Amy Pond and Rory Williams off on their time travelling adventures. The art in the first comic comes courtesy of Andrew Curry, with cover art designed by Tommy Lee Edwards.

IDW's Doctor Who editor Denton J. Tipton had this to say:

Storylines for the new book include holographic spam fighting, Mad Max-esque mercenaries, Victorian Jack The Ripper suspense, penalty shoot-outs against Vikings and Cybernetic Space Pirate Dinosaurs. There's going to be something for everyone. For example, fans of the classic series should be on the look out for a classic Doctor Who villain! I could tell you who they are, but I'd have to kill you," adds Lee. "Let's just say we've been given special dispensation to use them, and we have a killer story in all senses of the word!

The comics are priced at $3.99 but as of yet there are no plans for a UK release.
Report Spam   Logged

Now and then, every once in a very long while, every day in a million days, when the wind stands fair and The Doctor comes to call, everybody lives.

Exterminate
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Do Not Blaspheme!

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 11:27:20 am »

I love comics. I hope they end up releasing it over here. I read this morning that there are legal issues about it being released in the UK, so hoefully they will get resolved. Otherwise I am going to have to look for some sort of import
Report Spam   Logged

TheDoctorDonna
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven/Two
Favourite Companion: Donna/Barbara

Whatchoo Lookin' At?

View Profile
Super Poster 50 Posts in one day Super Poster 25 Posts in one day Level 5
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 12:53:37 pm »

I suppose we cant really complain. We get lots of Doctor Who goodies that people overseas never get to see/read/watch etc
Report Spam   Logged

One! One word! Shake, milk-shake, milk! Milk! No? Not milk! Um, shake, shake, shake! Cocktail shake! What, d'you want a Harvey Wallbanger?
Sandiwich11
Faithful Companion
Favourite Companion: The Brig

View Profile WWW
Level 5 Third year Anniversary Windows User
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2011, 05:43:17 am »

I couldn't see a topic for his yet, apologises if there is.  I've found a sneak preview of the first issue, there's the 3 covers and the first few pages.

http://www.mtv.com/photos/doctor-who-1-exclusive-preview/1655876/5597428/photo.jhtml

I love the MS Word joke on page 7 Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Companion: Donna Noble

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
Third year Anniversary Level 6 Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2011, 12:01:39 pm »

Is this the one that is only being issued in the US? I hope it comes to the UK! The artwork on it is great

Sandi, I've moved this thread to 'Silence In The Library'. I think there might be a thread for it already but I will let Chris or Peri dig for it and merge them if there is Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Now and then, every once in a very long while, every day in a million days, when the wind stands fair and The Doctor comes to call, everybody lives.

Peri-Peri
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Doctor: Five
Favourite Companion: Peri

Circular logic will only make you dizzy, Doctor

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2011, 12:10:08 pm »

There is a thread for an IDW comic, but I think it is a different issue. Could always merge them and just give the thread the umbrella title of IDW Comics or something?
Report Spam   Logged

It eats you, starting with your bottom

Sandiwich11
Faithful Companion
Favourite Companion: The Brig

View Profile WWW
Level 5 Third year Anniversary Windows User
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2011, 02:30:49 pm »

Cheers Doc and Double P.

AFAIK it is only a North American release, but I have to say I'm gonna try and get my mitts on a copy as I want to know what happens next, lol.  Amy seems a lot more sorted in it, and I love the idea that using the universal phone infects the TARDIS with every spam email ever, brilliant idea Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Peri-Peri
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Doctor: Five
Favourite Companion: Peri

Circular logic will only make you dizzy, Doctor

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2011, 08:54:27 pm »

Sandi, I found the other thread for this so I have now merged the two Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

It eats you, starting with your bottom

chrissymarieb
Faithful Companion
Favourite Companion: Rory Williams and Donna Noble

View Profile
Search Apple User Poll Voter
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2011, 07:44:28 pm »

Cheers Doc and Double P.

AFAIK it is only a North American release, but I have to say I'm gonna try and get my mitts on a copy as I want to know what happens next, lol.  Amy seems a lot more sorted in it, and I love the idea that using the universal phone infects the TARDIS with every spam email ever, brilliant idea Cheesy

https://shop.idwpublishing.com/comics/series/doctor-who/ongoing-series/doctor-who-ongoing-volume-2-1.html

It was released today and on the website it says 'Only Available for Purchase in North America'.  If you don't have more highly technical ways of getting it, I can always mail it to you as a last resort Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

"It's smaller on the outside"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: