The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 29, 2024, 01:35:54 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Celebrate 50 years of Doctor Who with us in our Top Ten Of Everything section

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

The Date

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Date  (Read 77 times)
Nyki
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Jon Pertwee
Favourite Companion: Leela

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Third year Anniversary 5000 Posts Second year Anniversary
« on: October 03, 2012, 10:01:40 pm »

It occurred to me that, after all the speculation about time passing and the Ponds having their tenth anniversary etc, the Doctor specifically referred to the present as 2012.  It's possible, of course, that they'd gone back to New York in 2012 from whichever year they were in, but it doesn't seem like it.  Which means none of the other stories can be any later either, unless the Doctor's somehow got into an alternative timeline and has been visiting the might-have-been Ponds.
Report Spam   Logged

Aneurin
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: River

Formally River Song

View Profile
Level 6 Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 10:09:03 pm »

I think that from the Doctor's POV, this story came first and Asylum came last. We already know that TPO3 came before (or sort of wrapped around) Mercy, so perhaps he lost them here and went and had a couple more visits. It would explain why he was sad about the thought of being the death of Amy in Asylum and his general anger throughout the stories about losing people and whatnot and why he was asking them for more adventures and dropping in sporadically, but from Amy's POV it was happening in normal order in her timeline.

However, during filming the paper Amy was reading in Central Park was seen as dated 2018. It never came up in the episode so perhaps it's relevance was cut.
Report Spam   Logged

Blazin Goliath
Faithful Companion
Favourite Doctor: 12
Favourite Companion: Rory Williams

"Where I stand is where I fall.”

View Profile
Level 6 Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 01:40:58 am »

I was going to suggest that maybe 2018 is when she finally kicked the bucket, but it really wouldn't make sense for her name to already be one the gravestone in 2012.
Report Spam   Logged

"Wonderful chap, all of them"
Tardis-Console
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Amy

Say it. Everybody does!

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Second year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2012, 06:25:22 pm »

I like the idea of the Doctor going backwards to visit them. That will always be the get out of jail card for bringing them back, because they can just come from any point before they were zapped back by the Angels.
Report Spam   Logged

My Series 6 Ratings (so far):
TIA 10/10 | DOTM 10/10 | COTBS 8/10 | TDW 10/10 | TRF 9/10 | TAP 10/10 | AGMGTW 10/10 | LKH 8/10 | NT 4/10 | TGWW 10/10
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: