The Doctor In The TARDIS
April 19, 2024, 10:37:05 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Vote in for the NuWho Episode Tournament in The Greatest Show In The Galaxy

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Doctor Who P.S.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Doctor Who P.S.  (Read 76 times)
poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: The Ponds

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Level 6
« on: October 11, 2012, 05:04:42 pm »

The DW website has announced a new short video to be released tomorrow filling in some info on Brian & the Ponds post TATM. Here's the announcement:

Rory’s dad, Brian Williams, only appeared in two episodes but swiftly established himself as a favourite amongst Doctor Who’s audience. After Amy and Rory’s heart-breaking departure in The Angels Take Manhattan we received many emails asking what happened next to Brian. Did he ever find out what took his son and daughter-in-law? If so, how? And would Brian – and viewers - ever learn more about Amy and Rory’s life after the Doctor?

A special scene was written by Chris Chibnall that revealed some of the answers but sadly, the sequence was never shot. However, we’re happy to announce that we’ll be bringing you the scene tomorrow. Using animated storyboards and a voice-over specially recorded by Arthur Darvill, we’ll discover more about Brian and the Ponds, post-Angels.

It begins with Brian alone, doing what he once told the Doctor must be done – watering the plants. But his life is about to change forever…

Doctor Who’s Executive Producer, Caro Skinner, said, ‘We’re delighted we can present this lovely scene written by Chris Chibnall. People took Rory’s dad, Brian, to their hearts very quickly, so it’s fitting we can give the character a degree of closure in this poignant piece.’

Source

I'll try to get it up on here asap  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

"He is ever after only one thing: power. And also helmets with horns ... he's really into those."
poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Companion: The Ponds

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 01:17:40 pm »

Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWU6XL9xI4k&list=PL31D7AEABF6309D03&index=1&feature=plpp_video

Cry
Report Spam   Logged

"He is ever after only one thing: power. And also helmets with horns ... he's really into those."
DAK
TARDIS Traveller
Favourite Doctor: Eleven!
Favourite Companion: River!

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2012, 04:05:57 am »

That was great, very reminiscent of "Blink". 

Still, I think news like that should have come from the Doctor.  He owed Brian that much.  Plus, he could have met his other grandchild!   Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Nyki
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Jon Pertwee
Favourite Companion: Leela

View Profile
Third year Anniversary 5000 Posts Second year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2012, 02:35:58 pm »

I thought of Blink too.  And it didn't occur to me till DAK's last comment that River's Brian's granddaughter.

That was a nice scene, although I can't really see where it would have fitted into the episode.
Report Spam   Logged

Tardis-Console
Timelord
Favourite Companion: Amy

Say it. Everybody does!

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Second year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2012, 06:21:01 pm »

I think that would have been nice as an after credits sequence, or something like that. It's a nice little scene and it's nice that Brian was sort of addressed, though I don't think the episode lacked anything because of it wasn't included.
Report Spam   Logged

My Series 6 Ratings (so far):
TIA 10/10 | DOTM 10/10 | COTBS 8/10 | TDW 10/10 | TRF 9/10 | TAP 10/10 | AGMGTW 10/10 | LKH 8/10 | NT 4/10 | TGWW 10/10
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: