The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 29, 2024, 04:01:50 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join The Infinite Quest - This Week's Story: Black Orchid

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Revolution

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Revolution  (Read 323 times)
Tardis-Console
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Amy

Say it. Everybody does!

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Third year Anniversary Search Second year Anniversary
« on: October 13, 2012, 03:31:32 pm »

Revolution takes place in a post-apocalyptic dystopian future. Fifteen years earlier, an unknown phenomenon disabled all technology dependent on electricity on the planet, ranging from computers and electronics to car engines, jet engines, and batteries. People were forced to adapt to a world without functioning technology. Due to the collapse of government and public order, many areas are ruled by warlords and militias. The series focuses on the Matheson family, who possess a special device resembling a flash drive that is the key to not only finding out what happened fifteen years ago, but also a possible way to reverse its effects. However, they must elude Sebastian Monroe the General and President of the Monroe Militia who wants to possess that power for himself.
Report Spam   Logged

My Series 6 Ratings (so far):
TIA 10/10 | DOTM 10/10 | COTBS 8/10 | TDW 10/10 | TRF 9/10 | TAP 10/10 | AGMGTW 10/10 | LKH 8/10 | NT 4/10 | TGWW 10/10
Tardis-Console
Timelord
Favourite Companion: Amy

Say it. Everybody does!

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Second year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2012, 03:33:26 pm »

There haven't been many shows this year that have made me want to watch, unlike last year where everything seemed awesome, but I decided to give this one a go based on the fact it was given a full season pickup almost immediately and I am really glad I did. It's four episodes in at the moment and it's been brilliant. It's not a particularly new idea but its got some great twists and turns and some likeable characters too. Anyone been watching? What do you think?
Report Spam   Logged

My Series 6 Ratings (so far):
TIA 10/10 | DOTM 10/10 | COTBS 8/10 | TDW 10/10 | TRF 9/10 | TAP 10/10 | AGMGTW 10/10 | LKH 8/10 | NT 4/10 | TGWW 10/10
Exterminate
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Do Not Blaspheme!

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 12:53:42 pm »

I'm hooked. I thought we were just going to get another show like Lost, and the connections are definitely there with the flashbacks and even some of the cast, but it's so far very different in terms of plot and premise and I am glad of that. I just hope that it keeps on top of the ratings because this doesn't strike me as something that can be wrapped up in one season.
Report Spam   Logged

Saber
Timelord
Favourite Companion: Liz Shaw

View Profile
Second year Anniversary Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, 11:51:55 am »

I like it, but I'm concerned that it's going to run out of steam and get too self involved. Not a lot is happening so far so the plotlines are being stretched out a little thinly.
Report Spam   Logged
Peri-Peri
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Doctor: Five
Favourite Companion: Peri

Circular logic will only make you dizzy, Doctor

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2012, 11:30:11 pm »

It's the only new show I have picked up this year and I love it so far. I really hope it survives the season.
Report Spam   Logged

It eats you, starting with your bottom

Roranicus
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Companion: Rory

Rory FTW

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2012, 12:44:28 pm »

I've watched quite a few of these, though not all, and I am really enjoying it so far. The problem I have with it though is that while the premise is really good, the story is sort of paper thin. They aren't doing a lot with it. Even if the ratings hold up I am finding it hard to imagine that it will have a very long run because they seem to already be stretching the plot right out. I can't see it getting beyond 2 seasons.
Report Spam   Logged

Oh my god Karen, you can't just ask someone why they're white!
Exterminate
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Do Not Blaspheme!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 12:03:47 pm »

I don't know what's happened to this. I got about 8 episodes in and then just stopped. I was enjoying it well enough but I just sort of stopped caring. Anyone still watching? Is it worth picking back up?
Report Spam   Logged

Aneurin
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Companion: River

Formally River Song

View Profile
Level 6 Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2013, 01:02:55 pm »

I got as far as the mid season split but haven't watched any from the second half of the season yet. I think I'll wait until it's done and do a marathon
Report Spam   Logged

Sparky
Earthling
Favourite Doctor: Nine
Favourite Companion: Rose

View Profile
100 Posts 50 Posts Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2013, 10:27:20 am »

I got as far as the mid season split but haven't watched any from the second half of the season yet. I think I'll wait until it's done and do a marathon

You haven't missed anything. They held back the second half of the season to March and cut the episodes by 2 so they could premier a new 'big' show, which aired two episodes, bombed and got cancelled yesterday.
Report Spam   Logged
Exterminate
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Do Not Blaspheme!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2013, 08:40:41 am »

I've decided to give this one another go and so I restarted it yesterday. I got about 8 or 9 episodes in and I was hooked, but then the mid season gap came and I stopped caring, but with the new series coming up I've decided to try it out again. If I can't get to the end this time then I won't bother with S2.
Report Spam   Logged

Aneurin
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Companion: River

Formally River Song

View Profile
Level 6 Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2013, 09:08:31 am »

The problem with this show is that it struggles with the longer season. Most shows dip in the middle but this was like a crater. It got better towards the end. Lots better. But that middle bit was hell of a slump
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: