The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 28, 2024, 03:41:31 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Vote in the Classic Episode Battles in The Invasion of Time

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

A Different Perspective

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Different Perspective  (Read 290 times)
Trinaluv33
Hatchling

Favourite Doctor: Tenth, Eleventh, AND Fifth! :)
Favourite Companion: Rory Pond

Warning: Beware of Trinas

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 3 Apple User Mobile User
« on: October 15, 2012, 03:07:39 am »

A Different Perspective

We were running; we always ran. Well, he ran. I just... hung on for the ride. The aliens were chasing us, like always. I'm not sure what species of alien they were- I've seen so many. Usually my Doctor mentions them in a long spiel of their history, but not this time. He was silent.

We continued to run, adrenaline coursing through my tiny frame. The continuous beats of the Doctor's hearts only added to the excitement.

I've seen so many things while journeying with the Doctor. I've been hurt so many times, but the Doctor always saved me. The Doctor saves everyone.

A crackle of electricity barely missed my Doctor as the engaging alien began to catch up. I wanted so badly to turn around and see what was chasing us, but my gaze remained forward. I could sense my Doctor was getting tired; sweat ran down his face in tight beads, and his breath was becoming ragged and shallow.

At first, the only thoughts on my mind were of the Doctor and his safety. If anything were to happen to him, I don't know what I'd do. I'd be useless, forgotten, never to be held again.

But then other thoughts entered my mind, such as "I'M GOING TO DIE!" As the humans and almost every other being in the universe do in this kind of situation, I freaked out.

Everything happened in a blur. A zap of electricity sliced in front of the Doctor; we were suddenly surrounded. I felt a strange burning sensation, and fell to the ground. I had been shot... by an ALIEN! I was both thrilled and horrified at the thought.

I was dying. The Doctor dropped to his knees, me hanging limply in his cold hands. I wanted to cry, but a sudden burst of joy and confidence flowed through me as he smiled down at me and whispered three little words.
"...Bowties are cool."

Author's Note: Thanks for reading! This was written as a journal for my World Lit class to the prompt "An Inanimate Object's Point of View." I chose to personify the Doctor's beloved Bow-tie. Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue
Scott
TARDIS Traveller
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Jo Grant

View Profile
One year Anniversary Poll Starter Level 4
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 01:01:44 am »

I'm not sure about the ending. Bowties most definitely are cool, but within such a small story and with such little context I have no idea why he would say that. Does it make sense because of the personality of the person he is saying it to? Is it an in-joke? It feels like there is more to it that we aren't being told. This would make a brilliant prologue or teaser to a larger story, I think.
Report Spam   Logged

Trinaluv33
Hatchling

Favourite Doctor: Tenth, Eleventh, AND Fifth! :)
Favourite Companion: Rory Pond

Warning: Beware of Trinas

View Profile
Level 3 Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 03:39:45 am »

Ah, yes. I see now that I should have been more specific about this oneshot. I wrote this as a journal for one of my classes, "An inanimate object's perspective." The first person point of view is supposed to be the Doctor's bow-tie. Smiley Sorry about the confusion; I didn't realize that I didn't actually mention that anywhere!
Report Spam   Logged

Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: