The Doctor In The TARDIS
May 24, 2018, 03:21:23 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Follow our Facebook group, or check out the Doctor Who News site by hitting the links below

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Adric... No seriously Adric

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Adric... No seriously Adric  (Read 847 times)
Mr Chinn
TARDIS Traveller
Favourite Doctor: McCoy and Smith
Favourite Companion: Jo, Romana I, Ace & Donna

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2013, 02:12:38 am »

I've always liked the character of Adric and I've never fully understood why so many people don't. I mean, everyone has their tastes of course, but the amount of negativity aimed at this one character is overwhelming. As character arcs go, he had a pretty interesting one, and though at times the acting for the character was a little off centre, for the most part I'd argue that he was played as well as, or even better than some of his castmates.

I think the biggest problem for the character was behind the scenes. Tom Baker didn't like Matthew Waterhouse (though has said in the years since that he was far too hard on him and that he was a nice guy and better than he gets credit for, which is nice), Janet Fielding and Peter Davison seemed to hate the poor guy too, even now rarely having a nice word to say about him, and the writers didn't seem all too keen on having a male companion around, especially once he had been joined by two attractive young women and the TARDIS started getting crowded. The whole thing seemed doomed to fail and I think possibly many fans have latched on to that.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: