The Doctor In The TARDIS
April 20, 2024, 03:56:39 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Follow our Facebook group, or check out the Doctor Who News site by hitting the links below

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Clara's Birthday

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Clara's Birthday  (Read 91 times)
The Cyber Mistress
Earthling
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Leela

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 4 Super Poster 50 Posts in one day Super Poster 25 Posts in one day
« on: December 31, 2012, 02:13:43 pm »

On her gravestone it said she was born November 23rd. We all know that that was the date that the show began airing so do you think Moff has just done it as a nod?

I have a feeling that with such a big anniversary coming up we will find out that she somehow ties in with something to do with the origin of the show. Either that or she will play a big part in the story set at the anniversary. I dunno, it's an awkward one to describe, but I'm certain it's more than just a nod to the date. What do you think?
Report Spam   Logged
Saber
Timelord
Favourite Companion: Liz Shaw

View Profile
Second year Anniversary Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 06:57:51 pm »

My immediate feeling is that it is just a nod to the anniversary date of the show. I think on screen there should be no real mention of the fact that November 23rd is significant. That's just for us.
Report Spam   Logged
Tardis-Console
Timelord
Favourite Companion: Amy

Say it. Everybody does!

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Second year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 12:53:41 pm »

I agree with Saber. I don't think it is going to be of any significance to any plots.
Report Spam   Logged

My Series 6 Ratings (so far):
TIA 10/10 | DOTM 10/10 | COTBS 8/10 | TDW 10/10 | TRF 9/10 | TAP 10/10 | AGMGTW 10/10 | LKH 8/10 | NT 4/10 | TGWW 10/10
Twisted-Sister
Faithful Companion

View Profile
Super Poster 50 Posts in one day Super Poster 25 Posts in one day Poll Voter
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 03:56:55 pm »

You never know. She is going to be around for the anniversary, we know that much, so having her birthday be that date might be of huge significance.
Report Spam   Logged

Nick Sean
Tin Dog

View Profile
100 Posts 50 Posts Level 3
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 01:12:11 pm »

To someone like me, who has no idea that that date is significant (well, I do now but didn't when I watched), the reference would go over their heads. People are aware that the 50th anniversary is coming up and when it is on TV it will probably be promoted as such, so I think having her birthday be that date and tying it into the anniversary somehow would seem a bit like it was meant to be important within the show, but surely for the characters it should mean nothing. Certainly for the Doctor because it didn't start for him 50 years ago, did it? Besides, this version is dead, no? There is nothing to say that the third version will share the birthday. Perhaps it was just a little something for the fans within this episode?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: